or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Double Breasted Style.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Double Breasted Style. - Page 175

post #2611 of 3013

Pink and off white, not a bright white.

 

Best seersucker looking cloth I used was 100% wool from Zegna. Three color ways, light blue, bordeaux /red, and a green. All on an off white/cream ground. 6/7 ounce with amazing body from the weaving. The green was a perfect soft shade of green and my favorite of the three. Cloth sold out before I could reorder but I would have bought a bunch of it after learning how well it made top and looked.

 

IIRC, Loro Piana has a silk seersucker in their books at present. It's a little "precious" looking, not sure what I think about using it.

post #2612 of 3013
Quote:
The tie I had trouble with, when I took this I was trying different things on. In the end I did a black tie. 

Did you try navy?  Would render less edgy than black IMO.  Could see the right shade of a dark purple working there too

post #2613 of 3013
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYDRH View Post

In the spring I saw David had made this up, I believe it was Loro Piana.  Really nice, the best seersucker I had ever seen, I would be very tempted to get one myself next year. Were the pink one's solid or the colonel sanders/Matlock stripe variety?


I was surprised only I did this this year, a lot of people liked it. I did buy some of this same cloth for a future order for a client in florida recently, he also bought the pink cloth for a pair of shorts. I haven't done that pink suit for a client but I did do that cloth in grey and I'm sure having the cloth made up helped, with the shorts lined up it's done its job really. I've put it in my collection for stylists to pull now but I'm suggesting it be worn like this.

post #2614 of 3013

Wonderful cut, very clean and sharp.

Perfect widht of lapels in my opinion.

Remember to me the best cut of 60s.

post #2615 of 3013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Despos View Post

Did you try navy?  Would render less edgy than black IMO.  Could see the right shade of a dark purple working there too

I did, it looked a bit weak, I ordered a lilac shirt to go with it so I could wear a dark purple tie, never got round to wearing it though.
post #2616 of 3013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Despos View Post

Pink and off white, not a bright white.

Best seersucker looking cloth I used was 100% wool from Zegna. Three color ways, light blue, bordeaux /red, and a green. All on an off white/cream ground. 6/7 ounce with amazing body from the weaving. The green was a perfect soft shade of green and my favorite of the three. Cloth sold out before I could reorder but I would have bought a bunch of it after learning how well it made top and looked.

IIRC, Loro Piana has a silk seersucker in their books at present. It's a little "precious" looking, not sure what I think about using it.

Yep that's what mine is made of, super 150s wool and silk. It looks and feels that way as a swatch but it makes up and wears really well. Drape is great and it keeps creases in trousers like nobody's business, I've worn it to work maybe 10 times and haven't felt the need to press them yet.

I always like to make up new cloths for myself before suggesting them to clients. I think you can fit or make up all kinds of garments but unless you have made it up and worn it yourself you will have a limited experience of what the client will experience. I've always said its like a chef that doesn't taste his food.

Most of the time because the cloth is good quality you can get away with a lot, but if I have a bad experience with a cloth I'll stop carrying it or at least stop offering it. Sometimes I may really like a cloth but not recommend it to a lot of clients. I have a really nice 100% silk suit but it's very expensive and very fragile and seems to show signs of wear with every outing so I at least make the potential client aware of that before they order it.
post #2617 of 3013
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Reeves View Post

The tie I had trouble with, when I took this I was trying different things on. In the end I did a black tie.

Its not unlike wearing a white three piece suit, it's rather strange and interesting standing out so much. I'm used to standing out but it's much greater wearing something like this. Both times the response was very positive, although I wouldn't want that level of attention often.

I entered an elevator to leave my office and the Pilates instructor in the building was just uncomfortably beaming at me, in the end she broke the silence and said "your outfit makes me happy".....I felt quite awkward.

I traveled less than one block to get a cab and another woman said I don't usually talk to people on the street but I really like your suit. At the end of the block I heard a man say to his friend that's a wolf in sheeps clothing right there.

I skipped the line at the standard, generally people want to talk to you, other men tell you you have balls for wearing it.

The reaction is kind of magic in a way. Could be a very different story if living in not such a cosmopolitan city. I'm from a town in the north of England where you would likely get beaten up for wearing brown shoes.

Looks like Despos beat me to it. Try this combo next time.

post #2618 of 3013
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordsuperb View Post

Looks like Despos beat me to it. Try this combo next time.


I really like this a lot, very Rosemary's baby. Would love to see it with red or white trousers. Mine isn't the sort of pink that would work with this shirt and tie though it's pointless to try to tone it down you have to go minimal and sharp.

This is optimal I think and it's better as a two piece



You seen this one before?
post #2619 of 3013
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Reeves View Post

I really like this a lot, very Rosemary's baby. Would love to see it with red or white trousers. Mine isn't the sort of pink that would work with this shirt and tie though it's pointless to try to tone it down you have to go minimal and sharp.

This is optimal I think and it's better as a two piece
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


You seen this one before?

The pink color shade you're using doesn't resonate with me, and is hard to pull off. Not sure if I pulled it off, but it achieves the desired effect when i go out.








The color for the purple dinner jacket is okay, but the styling is not my cup of tea.
post #2620 of 3013
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordsuperb View Post

The pink color shade you're using doesn't resonate with me, and is hard to pull off. Not sure if I pulled it off, but it achieves the desired effect when i go out.








The color for the purple dinner jacket is okay, but the styling is not my cup of tea.

You got that promotion to "senior sales" yet son?

I like your outfit. Well done.

Now Jog on.
Edited by David Reeves - 9/11/16 at 5:19pm
post #2621 of 3013
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Reeves View Post

You got that promotion to "senior sales" yet son?

I like your outfit. Well done.

Now Jog on.

You mean to tell me you like this over the UPS brown that the #Stylefo gent has an inherent love interest with?

Let me count the ways:

Basic Brown Corduroy Suit (http://dieworkwear.com/post/133142806769/the-noble-corduroy)
Basic Brown Herringbone Jacket (http://dieworkwear.com/post/48126907404/a-visit-from-steed )
Basic Brown Houndstooth Jacket (http://dieworkwear.com/post/42931588668/a-simple-brown-houndstooth)
Basic Brown Linen Suit (http://dieworkwear.com/post/19240786953/cigar-linen)
Basic Brown Herringbone Jacket ( http://dieworkwear.com/post/74848146320/new-london-lounge-deliveries)
Basic Brown Fresco (http://dieworkwear.com/post/90468104619/finally-tobacco-fresco)
Basic Brown Silk Linen ( http://dieworkwear.com/post/140281559379/special-cloth-alert)
Basic Brown Donegal Jacket (http://dieworkwear.com/post/103212753034/donegal-for-next-fall)

Well, thanks love.
post #2622 of 3013
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordsuperb View Post

You mean to tell me you like this over the UPS brown that the #Stylefo gent has an inherent love interest with?

Let me count the ways: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Well, thanks love.

For a guy who dislikes my site so much, you sure follow it closely.
post #2623 of 3013
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordsuperb View Post

The pink color shade you're using doesn't resonate with me, and is hard to pull off. Not sure if I pulled it off, but it achieves the desired effect when i go out.




The color for the purple dinner jacket is okay, but the styling is not my cup of tea.

post #2624 of 3013
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieworkwear View Post

For a guy who dislikes my site so much, you sure follow it closely.

Well there you go making assumptions again. Your site by far is my favorite. It was a simple joke, I wouldn't read too much into it. Keep up the good work.
post #2625 of 3013
Quote:
Originally Posted by agjiffy View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

You're killing me bro.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Double Breasted Style.