or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Double Breasted Style.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Double Breasted Style. - Page 140

post #2086 of 3012
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordsuperb View Post


This guy always looks well put together. Jacket is a little short and has a slight Italian accent, but nothing extreme. A nice adaptation of the A&S aesthetic.
post #2087 of 3012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Concordia View Post


This guy always looks well put together. Jacket is a little short and has a slight Italian accent, but nothing extreme. A nice adaptation of the A&S aesthetic.


Judging from the couch and the wooden wall, it's probably a Liverano bespoke suit. I have seen pictures of people getting fitted at Liverano's and I remember that wall and that couch.

post #2088 of 3012

why do you disagree?

 

1) when would it look flattering on someone?

2) you don't see people on wall street walk into meetings with suits like that

 

all the best

frank

post #2089 of 3012
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankrose135 View Post

why do you disagree?

1) when would it look flattering on someone?
2) you don't see people on wall street walk into meetings with suits like that

all the best
frank

How old are you Frank? 50 years ago there were probably tens of thousands of tailors. Not all of them were good. But some of them were exceptionally good. They had eye skills and technical skills that allowed them to make fabulous clothes of any sort. With that caliber of skills these guys made magnificent DB suits. They even cost more money than SB suits. When young men bought DB suits it was joked that they had finally moved up in the world. It is more like "would you be dumb enough to walk into a boardroom wearing a sb"? That is how you get kicked down the ladder right out the door. When there is a gap some knowledge is lost, which is what happened. Other reasons, over time perceptions change. The jokes were fun. Today, do guys even know what to joke about? It will take a while for the new jokes to catch up in magnitude of the old ones.
post #2090 of 3012
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankrose135 View Post

why do you disagree?

1) when would it look flattering on someone?
2) you don't see people on wall street walk into meetings with suits like that

all the best
frank

DBs are very underrated IMO, and flatter a lot of body types. Sure, some look better with SB, but a lot of guys would be surprised how good they look in a well fitted DB. There are two issues:

1) I think there is less margin for error with respect to fit when wearing DB.

2) DB is today seen as more dandified and is more rare. If you want to fit in with your dress, SB may serve you better.
post #2091 of 3012
Quote:
Originally Posted by doodledoc View Post


Judging from the couch and the wooden wall, it's probably a Liverano bespoke suit. I have seen pictures of people getting fitted at Liverano's and I remember that wall and that couch.

It's from Panico.
post #2092 of 3012







Panico:
post #2093 of 3012
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankrose135 View Post
 

why do you disagree?

 

1) when would it look flattering on someone?

2) you don't see people on wall street walk into meetings with suits like that

 

all the best

frank

 

people on wall street by and large dress like shit.

 

slim fit is terrible.

 

a well crafted well fitting db of classic cut is extremely flattering on most. 

post #2094 of 3012
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCK1 View Post
 

 

people on wall street by and large dress like shit.

 

slim fit is terrible.

 

a well crafted well fitting db of classic cut is extremely flattering on most. 

 

post #2095 of 3012
^ File under what not to do
post #2096 of 3012
Quote:
Originally Posted by archibaldleach View Post

^ File under what not to do

 

Absolutely. I think the styling department of that movie went a bit overboard in making it look all wrong, probably to emphasize his initial status as a lowly wage slave.

 

FWIW, those Panico DB's look great.

post #2097 of 3012
Quote:
Originally Posted by EliodA View Post
 

 

Absolutely. I think the styling department of that movie went a bit overboard in making it look all wrong, probably to emphasize his initial status as a lowly wage slave.

 

FWIW, those Panico DB's look great.

 

Wait...so large print silk ties and super-extended DB shoulders in a 6 x 1 buttoning formation aren't classic menswear??????

post #2098 of 3012
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCK1 View Post
 

 

Wait...so large print silk ties and super-extended DB shoulders in a 6 x 1 buttoning formation aren't classic menswear??????

 

Lurk moar

post #2099 of 3012
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCK1 View Post

Wait...so large print silk ties and super-extended DB shoulders in a 6 x 1 buttoning formation aren't classic menswear??????

I'll admit that the very first suit I owned as a 16 year old looked very much like this. But in brick red and with matching large scale floral tie. Yes, I'm that old. wink.gif
post #2100 of 3012
Great contemporary pix of DB!! Really enjoying these, with only a few exceptions

Also, what is the current consensus on importance of buttoning the inner jacket button on a DB jacket? Is it really necessary / does this make a difference?

Still one of my favorite DB wearers....

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Double Breasted Style.