Yeah thanks for the help, I really love it as well. I'm pretty keen on getting something similar now. I wonder what kind of fabric I should go for for something like that? I don't know my fabrics that well and have traditionally mostly just used VBC and Zegna for worsted but I assume this is a British fabric. Thoughts on making it pagoda/slightly roped? Not sure if it might be too much.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sicilian tailors Last post on 2/21/15 at 11:48pm in Classic Menswear
- A suit to last me 10-20 years? Last post on 2/20/15 at 3:00pm in Classic Menswear
- Ragged (!) Trousered Philanthropists Last post on Yesterday at 11:55 pm in Classic Menswear
- Pitti Uomo 87 in pictures Last post on 2/6/15 at 12:56pm in Classic Menswear
- Suit fit Last post on 1/16/15 at 11:38am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Double Breasted Style. - Page 90post #1336 of 19094/13/14 at 2:16pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1337 of 19094/13/14 at 2:57pmYou could PM claghorn and ask what cloth that is. Hopsacks and serges are generally used for blazers, there must be dozens or hundreds of options.
Pagodas are not my cup of tea. Bit of roping could be ok. Depends what you want to achieve - what I like about Claghorn's jacket, and the one of Vox I just posted, are how relaxed and comfy they look, how natural. Roping to my mind is slightly at odds with that feel, and pagodas definitely so.post #1338 of 19094/13/14 at 3:13pm
Thanks. I think you're right. Claghorn's outfit to me feels especially good because it seems to strike a balance between being both quite masculine and powerful and yet warm and comfortable as you say, and I think it has a lot to do with the outfit in general too. I do think getting the fabric right is key I am just not very knowledgeable about it. I'll go pm him later I guess.
I'm still quite undecided about the pagoda, I just like it as a personal preference and I feel like it's good for my body/look/situation. I guess I'll just think about it some.post #1339 of 19094/13/14 at 3:26pmChallenge X-post:
Still pretty cool in Copenhagen:
Steven Hitchcock DB Minnis flannel 2 vent with 18 ounce Winter White flannels - Turnbull & Asser shirt, Hermes pink tie, white silk PS, blue suede tassel loafers.
A little something for the "matchy matchy" contingency to bitch about: matching tie, cufflinks a n d coat lining - oh dear
and some historical precedence:post #1340 of 19094/13/14 at 10:32pmpost #1341 of 19094/14/14 at 10:50amOther pictures in the collection (Click to show)
Edited by deadAngle - 4/14/14 at 11:15ampost #1342 of 19094/14/14 at 11:03ampost #1343 of 19094/14/14 at 12:20pmpost #1344 of 19094/14/14 at 12:28pmpost #1345 of 19094/14/14 at 12:29pmpost #1346 of 19094/14/14 at 12:31pmpost #1347 of 19094/14/14 at 1:30pmpost #1348 of 19094/14/14 at 1:35pmpost #1349 of 19094/15/14 at 9:49am
- Double Breasted Style.
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 14 seconds ago
- › GiRlFriEnd Vashikaran online in u.k +91-9928926628 20 seconds ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 26 seconds ago
- › GiRlFriEnd Vashikaran online in uk +91-9928926628 49 seconds ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 1 minute ago
- › (Official?) Fit Critique Thread 1 minute ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 2 minutes ago
- › LEMAIRE 3 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...
- › Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?
- › Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get Blogged
- › What it Means to be Made in Italy
- › How to Smell Fabulous in Florence (and Beyond)
- › The Current State of Americana
- › The Styleforum Brief: February 2015
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...