Yeah thanks for the help, I really love it as well. I'm pretty keen on getting something similar now. I wonder what kind of fabric I should go for for something like that? I don't know my fabrics that well and have traditionally mostly just used VBC and Zegna for worsted but I assume this is a British fabric. Thoughts on making it pagoda/slightly roped? Not sure if it might be too much.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Kent Wang Wedding Photo Contest Last post on 7/21/15 at 3:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Wolf vs. Goat Official Affiliate Thread - New April 16, 2015 Last post on Yesterday at 8:54 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 13, 2015 Last post on 4/20/15 at 12:03pm in Classic Menswear
David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
Last edited: 7/26/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s Clobber in It Happened...Last edited: 3/9/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Double Breasted Style. - Page 90post #1336 of 20004/13/14 at 2:16pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1337 of 20004/13/14 at 2:57pmYou could PM claghorn and ask what cloth that is. Hopsacks and serges are generally used for blazers, there must be dozens or hundreds of options.
Pagodas are not my cup of tea. Bit of roping could be ok. Depends what you want to achieve - what I like about Claghorn's jacket, and the one of Vox I just posted, are how relaxed and comfy they look, how natural. Roping to my mind is slightly at odds with that feel, and pagodas definitely so.post #1338 of 20004/13/14 at 3:13pm
Thanks. I think you're right. Claghorn's outfit to me feels especially good because it seems to strike a balance between being both quite masculine and powerful and yet warm and comfortable as you say, and I think it has a lot to do with the outfit in general too. I do think getting the fabric right is key I am just not very knowledgeable about it. I'll go pm him later I guess.
I'm still quite undecided about the pagoda, I just like it as a personal preference and I feel like it's good for my body/look/situation. I guess I'll just think about it some.post #1339 of 20004/13/14 at 3:26pmChallenge X-post:
Still pretty cool in Copenhagen:
Steven Hitchcock DB Minnis flannel 2 vent with 18 ounce Winter White flannels - Turnbull & Asser shirt, Hermes pink tie, white silk PS, blue suede tassel loafers.
A little something for the "matchy matchy" contingency to bitch about: matching tie, cufflinks a n d coat lining - oh dear
and some historical precedence:post #1340 of 20004/13/14 at 10:32pmpost #1341 of 20004/14/14 at 10:50amOther pictures in the collection (Click to show)
Edited by deadAngle - 4/14/14 at 11:15ampost #1342 of 20004/14/14 at 11:03ampost #1343 of 20004/14/14 at 12:20pmpost #1344 of 20004/14/14 at 12:28pmpost #1345 of 20004/14/14 at 12:29pmpost #1346 of 20004/14/14 at 12:31pmpost #1347 of 20004/14/14 at 1:30pmpost #1348 of 20004/14/14 at 1:35pmpost #1349 of 20004/15/14 at 9:49am
- Double Breasted Style.
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
- › NIKE Thread 38 seconds ago
- › Eidos Napoli 7 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 8 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 17 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 20 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 21 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 24 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 25 minutes ago
- › *** Visvim thread: Dissertation on a Japanese Holy Spirit *** 32 minutes ago
- › What are you drinking right now? 33 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...