Yeah thanks for the help, I really love it as well. I'm pretty keen on getting something similar now. I wonder what kind of fabric I should go for for something like that? I don't know my fabrics that well and have traditionally mostly just used VBC and Zegna for worsted but I assume this is a British fabric. Thoughts on making it pagoda/slightly roped? Not sure if it might be too much.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum Gives 2015 - Our annual holiday charity auctions for the Ronald McDonald House. Last post on 1/8/16 at 1:11pm in Classic Menswear
- GREY/GRAY FRIDAY CHALLENGE 30th October 2015 Last post on 11/4/15 at 4:27am in Classic Menswear
- The Kent Wang Wedding Photo Contest Last post on 8/13/15 at 5:21am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Double Breasted Style. - Page 90post #1336 of 22114/13/14 at 2:16pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1337 of 22114/13/14 at 2:57pmYou could PM claghorn and ask what cloth that is. Hopsacks and serges are generally used for blazers, there must be dozens or hundreds of options.
Pagodas are not my cup of tea. Bit of roping could be ok. Depends what you want to achieve - what I like about Claghorn's jacket, and the one of Vox I just posted, are how relaxed and comfy they look, how natural. Roping to my mind is slightly at odds with that feel, and pagodas definitely so.post #1338 of 22114/13/14 at 3:13pm
Thanks. I think you're right. Claghorn's outfit to me feels especially good because it seems to strike a balance between being both quite masculine and powerful and yet warm and comfortable as you say, and I think it has a lot to do with the outfit in general too. I do think getting the fabric right is key I am just not very knowledgeable about it. I'll go pm him later I guess.
I'm still quite undecided about the pagoda, I just like it as a personal preference and I feel like it's good for my body/look/situation. I guess I'll just think about it some.post #1339 of 22114/13/14 at 3:26pmChallenge X-post:
Still pretty cool in Copenhagen:
Steven Hitchcock DB Minnis flannel 2 vent with 18 ounce Winter White flannels - Turnbull & Asser shirt, Hermes pink tie, white silk PS, blue suede tassel loafers.
A little something for the "matchy matchy" contingency to bitch about: matching tie, cufflinks a n d coat lining - oh dear
and some historical precedence:post #1340 of 22114/13/14 at 10:32pmpost #1341 of 22114/14/14 at 10:50amOther pictures in the collection (Click to show)
Edited by deadAngle - 4/14/14 at 11:15ampost #1342 of 22114/14/14 at 11:03ampost #1343 of 22114/14/14 at 12:20pmpost #1344 of 22114/14/14 at 12:28pmpost #1345 of 22114/14/14 at 12:29pmpost #1346 of 22114/14/14 at 12:31pmpost #1347 of 22114/14/14 at 1:30pmpost #1348 of 22114/14/14 at 1:35pmpost #1349 of 22114/15/14 at 9:49am
- Double Breasted Style.
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 second ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CAPPELLI) -... 17 seconds ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 2 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 3 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 5 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 5 minutes ago
- › Introduce yourself. 5 minutes ago
- › Red Wing Iron Ranger Boots - what's the dilly yo? 5 minutes ago
- › Paul Smith London IT48R/US38R Double-Breasted Camel Cashmere (50%)... 8 minutes ago
- › Wolf vs Goat Appreciation Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...