Yeah thanks for the help, I really love it as well. I'm pretty keen on getting something similar now. I wonder what kind of fabric I should go for for something like that? I don't know my fabrics that well and have traditionally mostly just used VBC and Zegna for worsted but I assume this is a British fabric. Thoughts on making it pagoda/slightly roped? Not sure if it might be too much.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Are there any brands, clothiers, or retailers, that cater to the short (5'8"/1.70m)... Last post on 9/23/14 at 10:25am in Streetwear and Denim
- All you need to know about Pitti Uomo -- @dirnelli adds to SF's coverage of Pitti 86 Last post on 6/30/14 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
- [SOLD] NWOT Tom Ford Base B Black Suit EU48R US38R Last post on 7/20/14 at 5:54pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- 45 R Brooks Brothers Golden Fleece Navy Pinstripe Suit 45R Last post on 3/24/14 at 7:55am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Italian CBD Last post on 11/17/14 at 9:21am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Double Breasted Style. - Page 90post #1336 of 15214/13/14 at 2:16pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1337 of 15214/13/14 at 2:57pmYou could PM claghorn and ask what cloth that is. Hopsacks and serges are generally used for blazers, there must be dozens or hundreds of options.
Pagodas are not my cup of tea. Bit of roping could be ok. Depends what you want to achieve - what I like about Claghorn's jacket, and the one of Vox I just posted, are how relaxed and comfy they look, how natural. Roping to my mind is slightly at odds with that feel, and pagodas definitely so.post #1338 of 15214/13/14 at 3:13pm
Thanks. I think you're right. Claghorn's outfit to me feels especially good because it seems to strike a balance between being both quite masculine and powerful and yet warm and comfortable as you say, and I think it has a lot to do with the outfit in general too. I do think getting the fabric right is key I am just not very knowledgeable about it. I'll go pm him later I guess.
I'm still quite undecided about the pagoda, I just like it as a personal preference and I feel like it's good for my body/look/situation. I guess I'll just think about it some.post #1339 of 15214/13/14 at 3:26pmChallenge X-post:
Still pretty cool in Copenhagen:
Steven Hitchcock DB Minnis flannel 2 vent with 18 ounce Winter White flannels - Turnbull & Asser shirt, Hermes pink tie, white silk PS, blue suede tassel loafers.
A little something for the "matchy matchy" contingency to bitch about: matching tie, cufflinks a n d coat lining - oh dear
and some historical precedence:post #1340 of 15214/13/14 at 10:32pmpost #1341 of 15214/14/14 at 10:50amOther pictures in the collection (Click to show)
Edited by deadAngle - 4/14/14 at 11:15ampost #1342 of 15214/14/14 at 11:03ampost #1343 of 15214/14/14 at 12:20pmpost #1344 of 15214/14/14 at 12:28pmpost #1345 of 15214/14/14 at 12:29pmpost #1346 of 15214/14/14 at 12:31pmpost #1347 of 15214/14/14 at 1:30pmpost #1348 of 15214/14/14 at 1:35pmpost #1349 of 15214/15/14 at 9:49am
- Double Breasted Style.
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 2 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 4 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 7 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 8 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 10 minutes ago
- › gennaro paone: former head tailor of rubinacci 12 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...
- › How to Get What You Really Want This Holiday...
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...