How does the Vintage Zegna fabric compare in quality to the Zegna fabric of 2013?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF MAR 23, 2015 Last post on Today at 11:00 am in Classic Menswear
- San Francisco Bay Area, SF, Styleforum Meetup Hosted by Khaki's Of Carmel- Ring Jacket... Last post on 3/29/15 at 5:18am in Classic Menswear
- Sicilian tailors Last post on 2/21/15 at 11:48pm in Classic Menswear
- A suit to last me 10-20 years? Last post on 2/20/15 at 3:00pm in Classic Menswear
- Ragged (!) Trousered Philanthropists Last post on 3/28/15 at 11:58am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Double Breasted Style. - Page 87
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1292 of 194312/26/13 at 9:11amQuote:
Thank you for your response. All vintage fabrics were made to last long and they were even heavier. And then they were even more twisted. It was a whole other world. And then this does not crease ever. While today the fabrics are lighter and sometimes there are those that are rubbed away.
And then the quality of the fabric is hard to describe. When you touch a vintage fabric by side with a modern fabric know what I mean ... I'm feeling difficult to explain. They are emotions.post #1293 of 194312/26/13 at 7:15pmpost #1294 of 194312/26/13 at 7:22pmpost #1295 of 19433/11/14 at 8:23pmliking everything about this one....from B&N Tailor
and would enjoy seeing a forum member pick up this baby / take to a skilled tailor for alterations!
looks to be bout a size 40 long / semi-tall length that could be altered an inch to reg, i'd guess
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ANDERSON-SHEPPARD-VTG-Savile-Row-Navy-Blue-Flannel-Stripe-3-PIECE-Suit-US-40-R-/131135987225?pt=US_CSA_MC_Suits&hash=item1e88505e19post #1296 of 19433/11/14 at 8:53pmpost #1297 of 19433/12/14 at 10:39ampost #1298 of 19433/20/14 at 9:01ampost #1299 of 19433/21/14 at 12:14ampost #1300 of 19433/21/14 at 12:39ampost #1301 of 19433/21/14 at 2:11pmpost #1302 of 19433/21/14 at 2:49pmpost #1303 of 19433/22/14 at 2:46ampost #1304 of 19433/22/14 at 12:56pmpost #1305 of 19433/24/14 at 7:31amQuote:Originally Posted by Butler
Steven Hitchcock 2 piece SB 2 vent in Dormeuil Tonic 70wool/30Mohair, Turnbull & Asser shirt with self designed collar by Budd, Dior tie, unknown PS, DB monks by John Lobb
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
And this is exactly why I want a 6x1, tried to snag one from NSuited off of their venanzi auctions. Wound up only winning the 6x2
- Double Breasted Style.
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Eidos Napoli 38 seconds ago
- › Bourbon. 49 seconds ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 1 minute ago
- › Brand New Allen Edmond Townley Shell Cordovan in Brown -9D 1 minute ago
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 3 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 4 minutes ago
- › New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups 5 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...