Not to me, width looks OK. It's the shaping of the edge and collar that could use a tweak
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Wolf vs. Goat Official Affiliate Thread - New April 16, 2015 Last post on Today at 11:29 am in Streetwear and Denim
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 13, 2015 Last post on 4/20/15 at 12:03pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF MAR 23, 2015 Last post on 3/31/15 at 11:00am in Classic Menswear
- San Francisco Bay Area, SF, Styleforum Meetup Hosted by Khaki's Of Carmel- Ring Jacket... Last post on 4/26/15 at 9:10pm in Classic Menswear
Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
Last edited: 5/7/15
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest?Last edited: 5/10/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Double Breasted Style. - Page 73
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1082 of 19711/17/13 at 10:08ampost #1083 of 19711/17/13 at 10:26ampost #1084 of 19711/17/13 at 11:27ampost #1085 of 19711/17/13 at 1:31pmpost #1086 of 19711/17/13 at 1:31pmpost #1087 of 19711/17/13 at 2:05pmpost #1088 of 19711/17/13 at 2:47pmpost #1089 of 19711/17/13 at 3:04pmQuote:
How can you deduce that he is 'always uncomfortable' in his suits? The coat is certainly not tight - pulling at the buttoning point would be the dead giveaway. What you're probably referring to is the taper at the waist, a stylistic choice that most Savile Row tailors adhere too as well. Looks great.
I won't comment on your expert assumption on Italian tailors.post #1090 of 19711/17/13 at 3:08pmpost #1091 of 19711/17/13 at 4:47pmpost #1092 of 19711/17/13 at 5:05pmpost #1093 of 19711/17/13 at 5:39pmWell, part of DB is having confidence in what you have to say. These could be a bit trimmer but I wouldn't change the basic look.
One odd thing about Chan is that while they do very elegant large-bellied "swooping" peak lapels for SB jackets (morning coats and the like), they refuse to do the same for DB, as A&S do. For them, the notch must properly be nearly horizontal. I asked them to copy an old A&S suit of mine and while it came out very well in most respects, it had a completely different lapel line. When I tried to negotiate different for suit #2, they firmly said no.post #1094 of 19711/17/13 at 7:47pmQuote:
I've noticed this style, not just with double-breasted jackets, but with many of the single breasted jackets too. Far too much waist suppression and generally too tight.
It's not a good look.post #1095 of 19711/18/13 at 1:49amQuote:Originally Posted by Concordia
Well, part of DB is having confidence in what you have to say. These could be a bit trimmer but I wouldn't change the basic look.
One odd thing about Chan is that while they do very elegant large-bellied "swooping" peak lapels for SB jackets (morning coats and the like), they refuse to do the same for DB, as A&S do. For them, the notch must properly be nearly horizontal. I asked them to copy an old A&S suit of mine and while it came out very well in most respects, it had a completely different lapel line. When I tried to negotiate different for suit #2, they firmly said no.
I once read something about one of the Armoury guys trying to dictate a certain sort of "house cut" that Chan should adhere to, where the peak lapels have a horizontal notch. Perhaps that's why.
In any case, I think the above DB's lapels look hideous and I'm not a fan of horizontal notch peak lapels at all.Quote:
I agree. Too aggressive of a waist suppression. Don't like the look one bit.
- Double Breasted Style.
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 5 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 30 seconds ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 1 minute ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 4 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 7 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Indigofera - Denim ranch jacket (Professional high quality... 8 minutes ago
- › StyleForum Searches eBay For You! 9 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan