Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Kent Wang Wedding Photo Contest Last post on Yesterday at 1:02 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Wolf vs. Goat Official Affiliate Thread - New April 16, 2015 Last post on Today at 10:23 am in Streetwear and Denim
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 13, 2015 Last post on 4/20/15 at 12:03pm in Classic Menswear
David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
Last edited: 7/26/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s Clobber in It Happened...Last edited: 3/9/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Double Breasted Style. - Page 72
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1067 of 20101/5/13 at 12:07pmpost #1068 of 20101/5/13 at 12:16pmpost #1069 of 20101/5/13 at 12:19pmpost #1070 of 20101/5/13 at 2:17pmpost #1071 of 20101/6/13 at 2:22pmpost #1072 of 20101/7/13 at 11:50amQuote:Originally Posted by zeero3
With advice from an SFer who showed me a few trusted ebay sellers, I picked up a bespoke double-breasted (made for someone else) that looks to be a close fit. Got it in the mail yesterday and went straight to the alterations tailor (also vouched for by SFers and Will from ASW).
I expected to move the sleeves up from the shoulder and hem the pants, but decided on doing more after looking at it in the mirror with the tailor. Taking approximately an inch off the bottom of the jacket (I know, I know, I'm a little scared, I can't lie!), bringing in the waist, and moving the button stance slightly to have the outer lapel lay more flat against chest.
I know this might sound like a huge overhaul, but I'm thinking (and hoping) it's going to be worth it. Here's a shot of the suit from the ebay pic. I didn't take any pics of the suit in person, but can't wait to update with a few pics of the end result. Thanks SF....
I found a nice looking DB sport coat but the outside lapel was sticking out too much. Can this be fixed by moving the button(s)? Other wise the jacket fit pretty good.post #1073 of 20101/16/13 at 8:47pmpost #1074 of 20101/17/13 at 2:55ampost #1075 of 20101/17/13 at 5:21ampost #1076 of 20101/17/13 at 5:23ampost #1077 of 20101/17/13 at 5:39ampost #1078 of 20101/17/13 at 6:34ampost #1079 of 20101/17/13 at 9:19am
- Double Breasted Style.
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Currently, there are 1656 Active Users (381 Members and 1275 Guests)
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 2 minutes ago
- › ISAIA Napoli SS2015 navy blue two-button plaid suit - Size 38 - NWT 4 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 4 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › Lacoste polo real or not? 6 minutes ago
- › The Possibly Official Engineered Garments Trading Thread 6 minutes ago
- › True Detective Season 2 6 minutes ago
- › Wolf vs. Goat Official Affiliate Thread - New April 16, 2015 6 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...