Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Wolf vs. Goat Official Affiliate Thread - New April 16, 2015 Last post on Today at 5:58 am in Streetwear and Denim
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 13, 2015 Last post on 4/20/15 at 12:03pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF MAR 23, 2015 Last post on 3/31/15 at 11:00am in Classic Menswear
- San Francisco Bay Area, SF, Styleforum Meetup Hosted by Khaki's Of Carmel- Ring Jacket... Last post on 4/26/15 at 9:10pm in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Double Breasted Style. - Page 72
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1067 of 19931/5/13 at 12:07pmpost #1068 of 19931/5/13 at 12:16pmpost #1069 of 19931/5/13 at 12:19pmpost #1070 of 19931/5/13 at 2:17pmpost #1071 of 19931/6/13 at 2:22pmpost #1072 of 19931/7/13 at 11:50amQuote:Originally Posted by zeero3
With advice from an SFer who showed me a few trusted ebay sellers, I picked up a bespoke double-breasted (made for someone else) that looks to be a close fit. Got it in the mail yesterday and went straight to the alterations tailor (also vouched for by SFers and Will from ASW).
I expected to move the sleeves up from the shoulder and hem the pants, but decided on doing more after looking at it in the mirror with the tailor. Taking approximately an inch off the bottom of the jacket (I know, I know, I'm a little scared, I can't lie!), bringing in the waist, and moving the button stance slightly to have the outer lapel lay more flat against chest.
I know this might sound like a huge overhaul, but I'm thinking (and hoping) it's going to be worth it. Here's a shot of the suit from the ebay pic. I didn't take any pics of the suit in person, but can't wait to update with a few pics of the end result. Thanks SF....
I found a nice looking DB sport coat but the outside lapel was sticking out too much. Can this be fixed by moving the button(s)? Other wise the jacket fit pretty good.post #1073 of 19931/16/13 at 8:47pmpost #1074 of 19931/17/13 at 2:55ampost #1075 of 19931/17/13 at 5:21ampost #1076 of 19931/17/13 at 5:23ampost #1077 of 19931/17/13 at 5:39ampost #1078 of 19931/17/13 at 6:34ampost #1079 of 19931/17/13 at 9:19am
- Double Breasted Style.
Styleforum Top Picks
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
Currently, there are 1697 Active Users (430 Members and 1267 Guests)
- › Recent purchases - Part II 16 seconds ago
- › Zegna "Trofeo" Lightweight Wool Summer Pattern Sportcoat Size 36! 44 seconds ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 46 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 3 minutes ago
- › Viberg for Styleforum GMTO Pre-orders, Round 2, 2015 - Proposal... 3 minutes ago
- › What are you drinking right now? 3 minutes ago
- › + DRIES VAN NOTEN + 4 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 4 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...