What you also could consider is a tobacco or chocolate brown DB. Very stylish and less obtrusive than cream. Otherwise, consider Fresco. Minnis 520 would be an ideal shade.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Wolf vs. Goat Official Affiliate Thread - New April 16, 2015 Last post on Today at 3:42 am in Streetwear and Denim
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 13, 2015 Last post on 4/20/15 at 12:03pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF MAR 23, 2015 Last post on 3/31/15 at 11:00am in Classic Menswear
- San Francisco Bay Area, SF, Styleforum Meetup Hosted by Khaki's Of Carmel- Ring Jacket... Last post on 4/26/15 at 9:10pm in Classic Menswear
Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
Last edited: 5/7/15
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest?Last edited: 5/10/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Double Breasted Style. - Page 71post #1051 of 197111/17/12 at 12:19pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1052 of 197111/17/12 at 4:31pmQuote:Originally Posted by Despos
The buttoning point is extremely high. Try buttoning the jacket on the lower button only and it will transform the look in a good way. A longer throat between the lapels showing more shirt would make you look longer and leaner. I don't agree with your thoughts about 2X2 verses 3X2 buttoning on a DB. What you want is a defined waist set a bit higher than the buttoning point. This will define the upper body from the lower and create a upper/lower balance. The large scale shirt collar against the narrow lapels doesn't help things. It all looks out of proportion.
The collar gap mentioned isn't so much a gap as the neck opening looks too wide. Would look better closer to your neck. The tapered bottom on the trouser makes you feet look very long and you thighs look heavier.
Thanks a lot for the comments. I'll button the lower button and widen the trousers below the knees. As for the length of the jacket, there's really nothing I can do anymore.post #1053 of 197111/18/12 at 3:22pmQuote:
Please do show us what the suit looks like after those modifications. I'm sure it'll look much better.post #1054 of 197111/20/12 at 8:07ampost #1055 of 197111/20/12 at 8:28ampost #1056 of 197111/20/12 at 8:38ampost #1057 of 197111/20/12 at 7:39pmpost #1058 of 197111/21/12 at 2:18pmpost #1059 of 197111/21/12 at 2:33pmpost #1060 of 197111/21/12 at 2:36pmpost #1061 of 197111/21/12 at 3:57pmQuote:Originally Posted by MZhammer
Hey guys I could use some help, I picked up this vintage PRL in a thrift. Union made, fully canvassed and really cool. I thought it fit in the store but now I'm having second thoughts, are the large lapels and my small head clashing? Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
^^This is how I want it to look! Is it just in my head or is it my head? Thanks!
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I know the shoulders are a touch wide but that's something only an SF'er would really notice and I figured it's worth the $14 for a fun DB every once and a while... Now I'm second guessing if the whole ensemble (Wide shoulders, extra wide lapels) is more dramatic than its individual parts.
This looks good on you man! Your proportions looks much better than RL's, unless you want to stand out like him...post #1062 of 197111/21/12 at 5:22pmpost #1063 of 197111/21/12 at 11:10pmpost #1064 of 197112/28/12 at 4:01pmpost #1065 of 197112/28/12 at 4:46pm
- Double Breasted Style.
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Currently, there are 1294 Active Users (269 Members and 1025 Guests)
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 5 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 10 minutes ago
- › BNWT W30/L30 RRL Low Straight - North Plain Wash (Spring 15) 15 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 16 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge May 22nd 2015: Add some orange to your outfit 16 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 17 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL Game of Thrones Thread 17 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 19 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 21 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 21 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan