What you also could consider is a tobacco or chocolate brown DB. Very stylish and less obtrusive than cream. Otherwise, consider Fresco. Minnis 520 would be an ideal shade.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sicilian tailors Last post on 2/21/15 at 11:48pm in Classic Menswear
- A suit to last me 10-20 years? Last post on 2/20/15 at 3:00pm in Classic Menswear
- Ragged (!) Trousered Philanthropists Last post on Yesterday at 11:55 pm in Classic Menswear
- Pitti Uomo 87 in pictures Last post on 2/6/15 at 12:56pm in Classic Menswear
- Suit fit Last post on 1/16/15 at 11:38am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Double Breasted Style. - Page 71post #1051 of 190911/17/12 at 12:19pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1052 of 190911/17/12 at 4:31pmQuote:Originally Posted by Despos
The buttoning point is extremely high. Try buttoning the jacket on the lower button only and it will transform the look in a good way. A longer throat between the lapels showing more shirt would make you look longer and leaner. I don't agree with your thoughts about 2X2 verses 3X2 buttoning on a DB. What you want is a defined waist set a bit higher than the buttoning point. This will define the upper body from the lower and create a upper/lower balance. The large scale shirt collar against the narrow lapels doesn't help things. It all looks out of proportion.
The collar gap mentioned isn't so much a gap as the neck opening looks too wide. Would look better closer to your neck. The tapered bottom on the trouser makes you feet look very long and you thighs look heavier.
Thanks a lot for the comments. I'll button the lower button and widen the trousers below the knees. As for the length of the jacket, there's really nothing I can do anymore.post #1053 of 190911/18/12 at 3:22pmQuote:
Please do show us what the suit looks like after those modifications. I'm sure it'll look much better.post #1054 of 190911/20/12 at 8:07ampost #1055 of 190911/20/12 at 8:28ampost #1056 of 190911/20/12 at 8:38ampost #1057 of 190911/20/12 at 7:39pmpost #1058 of 190911/21/12 at 2:18pmpost #1059 of 190911/21/12 at 2:33pmpost #1060 of 190911/21/12 at 2:36pmpost #1061 of 190911/21/12 at 3:57pmQuote:Originally Posted by MZhammer
Hey guys I could use some help, I picked up this vintage PRL in a thrift. Union made, fully canvassed and really cool. I thought it fit in the store but now I'm having second thoughts, are the large lapels and my small head clashing? Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
^^This is how I want it to look! Is it just in my head or is it my head? Thanks!
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I know the shoulders are a touch wide but that's something only an SF'er would really notice and I figured it's worth the $14 for a fun DB every once and a while... Now I'm second guessing if the whole ensemble (Wide shoulders, extra wide lapels) is more dramatic than its individual parts.
This looks good on you man! Your proportions looks much better than RL's, unless you want to stand out like him...post #1062 of 190911/21/12 at 5:22pmpost #1063 of 190911/21/12 at 11:10pmpost #1064 of 190912/28/12 at 4:01pmpost #1065 of 190912/28/12 at 4:46pm
- Double Breasted Style.
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Currently, there are 1473 Active Users (386 Members and 1087 Guests)
- › [[LOVE]] MARRIAGE E x p e r T(( +91-9799005597)) VaShIKArAN... 4 seconds ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 1 minute ago
- › gennaro paone: former head tailor of rubinacci 2 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 2 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 2 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 2 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 3 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 5 minutes ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 6 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...
- › Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?
- › Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get Blogged
- › What it Means to be Made in Italy
- › How to Smell Fabulous in Florence (and Beyond)
- › The Current State of Americana
- › The Styleforum Brief: February 2015
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...