What you also could consider is a tobacco or chocolate brown DB. Very stylish and less obtrusive than cream. Otherwise, consider Fresco. Minnis 520 would be an ideal shade.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Kent Wang Wedding Photo Contest Last post on 7/21/15 at 3:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Wolf vs. Goat Official Affiliate Thread - New April 16, 2015 Last post on Today at 2:30 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 13, 2015 Last post on 4/20/15 at 12:03pm in Classic Menswear
David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
Last edited: 7/26/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s Clobber in It Happened...Last edited: 3/9/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Double Breasted Style. - Page 71post #1051 of 200011/17/12 at 12:19pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1052 of 200011/17/12 at 4:31pmQuote:Originally Posted by Despos
The buttoning point is extremely high. Try buttoning the jacket on the lower button only and it will transform the look in a good way. A longer throat between the lapels showing more shirt would make you look longer and leaner. I don't agree with your thoughts about 2X2 verses 3X2 buttoning on a DB. What you want is a defined waist set a bit higher than the buttoning point. This will define the upper body from the lower and create a upper/lower balance. The large scale shirt collar against the narrow lapels doesn't help things. It all looks out of proportion.
The collar gap mentioned isn't so much a gap as the neck opening looks too wide. Would look better closer to your neck. The tapered bottom on the trouser makes you feet look very long and you thighs look heavier.
Thanks a lot for the comments. I'll button the lower button and widen the trousers below the knees. As for the length of the jacket, there's really nothing I can do anymore.post #1053 of 200011/18/12 at 3:22pmQuote:
Please do show us what the suit looks like after those modifications. I'm sure it'll look much better.post #1054 of 200011/20/12 at 8:07ampost #1055 of 200011/20/12 at 8:28ampost #1056 of 200011/20/12 at 8:38ampost #1057 of 200011/20/12 at 7:39pmpost #1058 of 200011/21/12 at 2:18pmpost #1059 of 200011/21/12 at 2:33pmpost #1060 of 200011/21/12 at 2:36pmpost #1061 of 200011/21/12 at 3:57pmQuote:Originally Posted by MZhammer
Hey guys I could use some help, I picked up this vintage PRL in a thrift. Union made, fully canvassed and really cool. I thought it fit in the store but now I'm having second thoughts, are the large lapels and my small head clashing? Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
^^This is how I want it to look! Is it just in my head or is it my head? Thanks!
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I know the shoulders are a touch wide but that's something only an SF'er would really notice and I figured it's worth the $14 for a fun DB every once and a while... Now I'm second guessing if the whole ensemble (Wide shoulders, extra wide lapels) is more dramatic than its individual parts.
This looks good on you man! Your proportions looks much better than RL's, unless you want to stand out like him...post #1062 of 200011/21/12 at 5:22pmpost #1063 of 200011/21/12 at 11:10pmpost #1064 of 200012/28/12 at 4:01pmpost #1065 of 200012/28/12 at 4:46pm
- Double Breasted Style.
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Currently, there are 1669 Active Users (369 Members and 1300 Guests)
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 3 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 5 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 7 minutes ago
- › What are you drinking right now? 8 minutes ago
- › shirt pairing 9 minutes ago
- › Used Kitchen Cabinets For Sale UK 15 minutes ago
- › Carmina Rain-Last Tomir Soled Cap-Toe/Quarter Brogue 15 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 16 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...