What you also could consider is a tobacco or chocolate brown DB. Very stylish and less obtrusive than cream. Otherwise, consider Fresco. Minnis 520 would be an ideal shade.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Recent Canali Suit - DB Wool Cashmere Navy ~36/38 US Last post on 12/8/14 at 7:25pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Canali Wool Suits - 54 44 L Last post on 12/8/14 at 4:06pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Are there any brands, clothiers, or retailers, that cater to the short (5'8"/1.70m)... Last post on 9/23/14 at 10:25am in Streetwear and Denim
- All you need to know about Pitti Uomo -- @dirnelli adds to SF's coverage of Pitti 86 Last post on 6/30/14 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
- [SOLD] NWOT Tom Ford Base B Black Suit EU48R US38R Last post on 7/20/14 at 5:54pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Double Breasted Style. - Page 71post #1051 of 157511/17/12 at 12:19pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1052 of 157511/17/12 at 4:31pmQuote:Originally Posted by Despos
The buttoning point is extremely high. Try buttoning the jacket on the lower button only and it will transform the look in a good way. A longer throat between the lapels showing more shirt would make you look longer and leaner. I don't agree with your thoughts about 2X2 verses 3X2 buttoning on a DB. What you want is a defined waist set a bit higher than the buttoning point. This will define the upper body from the lower and create a upper/lower balance. The large scale shirt collar against the narrow lapels doesn't help things. It all looks out of proportion.
The collar gap mentioned isn't so much a gap as the neck opening looks too wide. Would look better closer to your neck. The tapered bottom on the trouser makes you feet look very long and you thighs look heavier.
Thanks a lot for the comments. I'll button the lower button and widen the trousers below the knees. As for the length of the jacket, there's really nothing I can do anymore.post #1053 of 157511/18/12 at 3:22pmQuote:
Please do show us what the suit looks like after those modifications. I'm sure it'll look much better.post #1054 of 157511/20/12 at 8:07ampost #1055 of 157511/20/12 at 8:28ampost #1056 of 157511/20/12 at 8:38ampost #1057 of 157511/20/12 at 7:39pmpost #1058 of 157511/21/12 at 2:18pmpost #1059 of 157511/21/12 at 2:33pmpost #1060 of 157511/21/12 at 2:36pmpost #1061 of 157511/21/12 at 3:57pmQuote:Originally Posted by MZhammer
Hey guys I could use some help, I picked up this vintage PRL in a thrift. Union made, fully canvassed and really cool. I thought it fit in the store but now I'm having second thoughts, are the large lapels and my small head clashing? Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
^^This is how I want it to look! Is it just in my head or is it my head? Thanks!
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I know the shoulders are a touch wide but that's something only an SF'er would really notice and I figured it's worth the $14 for a fun DB every once and a while... Now I'm second guessing if the whole ensemble (Wide shoulders, extra wide lapels) is more dramatic than its individual parts.
This looks good on you man! Your proportions looks much better than RL's, unless you want to stand out like him...post #1062 of 157511/21/12 at 5:22pmpost #1063 of 157511/21/12 at 11:10pmpost #1064 of 157512/28/12 at 4:01pmpost #1065 of 157512/28/12 at 4:46pm
- Double Breasted Style.
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Currently, there are 1766 Active Users (433 Members and 1333 Guests)
- › Over the Shoulders, Under the Knees: Long Coats 10 seconds ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 3 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 6 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 7 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 9 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 9 minutes ago
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 10 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 11 minutes ago
- › WTB: Stephan Schneider Merino - Charcoal - Size 4 11 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays
- › Last Minute Gifts for Dad
- › The Joy of Bad Christmas Movies
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...