Maybe it's just me, but these skinny notch lapels look goofy on a DB.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on Yesterday at 5:41 pm in Classic Menswear
- Wolf vs. Goat Official Affiliate Thread - New April 16, 2015 Last post on Today at 7:31 am in Streetwear and Denim
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 13, 2015 Last post on 4/20/15 at 12:03pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF MAR 23, 2015 Last post on 3/31/15 at 11:00am in Classic Menswear
- San Francisco Bay Area, SF, Styleforum Meetup Hosted by Khaki's Of Carmel- Ring Jacket... Last post on Yesterday at 9:10 pm in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Double Breasted Style. - Page 69post #1021 of 197010/31/12 at 12:15pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1022 of 197010/31/12 at 2:49pmpost #1023 of 197010/31/12 at 4:01pmQuote:
Now I think they look OK on the high buttoned one that Lord Mulberry posted, maybe better than peaked here. However on that 80s Brioni thing I posted ealier, that's another matter.
Edited by MikeDT - 10/31/12 at 4:42pmpost #1024 of 197010/31/12 at 4:11pmpost #1025 of 197011/1/12 at 9:54ampost #1026 of 197011/13/12 at 11:13ampost #1027 of 197011/13/12 at 11:29ampost #1028 of 197011/13/12 at 11:33ampost #1029 of 197011/13/12 at 11:56am
I have seen and thought about that Phineas Cole jacket before, and it is interesting, but far too extreme for my taste. I like 6x3 DB jackets, but I think the extra 2 buttons on this make it the equivalent of a 4 button SB. In addition, the hacking pockets and ticket pocket make the whole thing a mess. I am just happy that the model is not wearing the hat, because that would make him look even more ridiculous.
Now I will sit back and wait for the 6x3 hate...post #1030 of 197011/13/12 at 1:58pmI like that.
But I would never wear it.
Even without the grey bowler, it looks ridiculous.
But ridiculous in a faintly admirable way.
Hacking pockets not a problem, but the upper buttons should be moved outwards. Though that would not stop it still looking ridiculous. Just in a different and less bad way than most other ridiculous things.
Phineas Cole is like Ralph Lauren would be if Ralph Lauren was on crack.post #1031 of 197011/13/12 at 2:27pmpost #1032 of 197011/13/12 at 2:28pmpost #1033 of 197011/13/12 at 3:34pmpost #1034 of 197011/13/12 at 3:41pmpost #1035 of 197011/13/12 at 3:59pmhttp://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=david+niven+casino+royale&um=1&hl=en&sa=N&biw=1264&bih=603&tbm=isch&tbnid=5s9C2crjn7DwRM:&imgrefurl=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Bouchet%2526Niven2.jpg&docid=cUz_BMYiD01GJM&imgurl=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/ce/Bouchet%252526Niven2.jpg&w=300&h=196&ei=Xt6iUNmcJOrf4QTd3oF4&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=981&vpy=288&dur=3037&hovh=156&hovw=240&tx=123&ty=55&sig=112650291652024355635&page=1&tbnh=133&tbnw=204&start=0&ndsp=19&ved=1t:429,r:18,s:0,i:123
Shades of Niven as (comedy) Bond in 1967.
You have to be Niven as (comedy) Bond in 1967 to carry it off.
- Double Breasted Style.
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 5 seconds ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 1 minute ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 2 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 2 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 4 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 4 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan
- › Two Japanese Words Every Clothing Dork Should...