Maybe it's just me, but these skinny notch lapels look goofy on a DB.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- FRIDAY CHALLENGE 19th February 2016 The Green Tie Challenge! Last post on 2/23/16 at 10:32pm in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum Gives 2015 - Our annual holiday charity auctions for the Ronald McDonald House. Last post on 1/8/16 at 1:11pm in Classic Menswear
- GREY/GRAY FRIDAY CHALLENGE 30th October 2015 Last post on 11/4/15 at 4:27am in Classic Menswear
- The Kent Wang Wedding Photo Contest Last post on 8/13/15 at 5:21am in Classic Menswear
Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800
Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where can I buy an affordable suit for my wedding?Last edited: 3/24/16
- What shirt should I wear with a single button peak lapel dinner...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Grant Stone
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Double Breasted Style. - Page 69post #1021 of 226510/31/12 at 12:15pmpost #1022 of 226510/31/12 at 2:49pmpost #1023 of 226510/31/12 at 4:01pmQuote:
Now I think they look OK on the high buttoned one that Lord Mulberry posted, maybe better than peaked here. However on that 80s Brioni thing I posted ealier, that's another matter.
Edited by MikeDT - 10/31/12 at 4:42pmpost #1024 of 226510/31/12 at 4:11pmpost #1025 of 226511/1/12 at 9:54ampost #1026 of 226511/13/12 at 11:13ampost #1027 of 226511/13/12 at 11:29ampost #1028 of 226511/13/12 at 11:33ampost #1029 of 226511/13/12 at 11:56am
I have seen and thought about that Phineas Cole jacket before, and it is interesting, but far too extreme for my taste. I like 6x3 DB jackets, but I think the extra 2 buttons on this make it the equivalent of a 4 button SB. In addition, the hacking pockets and ticket pocket make the whole thing a mess. I am just happy that the model is not wearing the hat, because that would make him look even more ridiculous.
Now I will sit back and wait for the 6x3 hate...post #1030 of 226511/13/12 at 1:58pmI like that.
But I would never wear it.
Even without the grey bowler, it looks ridiculous.
But ridiculous in a faintly admirable way.
Hacking pockets not a problem, but the upper buttons should be moved outwards. Though that would not stop it still looking ridiculous. Just in a different and less bad way than most other ridiculous things.
Phineas Cole is like Ralph Lauren would be if Ralph Lauren was on crack.post #1031 of 226511/13/12 at 2:27pmpost #1032 of 226511/13/12 at 2:28pmpost #1033 of 226511/13/12 at 3:34pmpost #1034 of 226511/13/12 at 3:41pmpost #1035 of 226511/13/12 at 3:59pmhttp://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=david+niven+casino+royale&um=1&hl=en&sa=N&biw=1264&bih=603&tbm=isch&tbnid=5s9C2crjn7DwRM:&imgrefurl=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Bouchet%2526Niven2.jpg&docid=cUz_BMYiD01GJM&imgurl=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/ce/Bouchet%252526Niven2.jpg&w=300&h=196&ei=Xt6iUNmcJOrf4QTd3oF4&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=981&vpy=288&dur=3037&hovh=156&hovw=240&tx=123&ty=55&sig=112650291652024355635&page=1&tbnh=133&tbnw=204&start=0&ndsp=19&ved=1t:429,r:18,s:0,i:123
Shades of Niven as (comedy) Bond in 1967.
You have to be Niven as (comedy) Bond in 1967 to carry it off.
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 40 seconds ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 3 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 7 minutes ago
- › Corneliani Collection Light Grey Windowpane Patch Pocket Jacket 38R 7 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 8 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 8 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion 14 minutes ago
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide
- › AE fit & sizing help
- › 5 of the best Groomsmen’s gifts