Maybe it's just me, but these skinny notch lapels look goofy on a DB.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Are there any brands, clothiers, or retailers, that cater to the short (5'8"/1.70m)... Last post on 9/23/14 at 10:25am in Streetwear and Denim
- All you need to know about Pitti Uomo -- @dirnelli adds to SF's coverage of Pitti 86 Last post on 6/30/14 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
- NWOT Tom Ford Base B Black Suit EU48R US38R Last post on 7/20/14 at 5:54pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- 45 R Brooks Brothers Golden Fleece Navy Pinstripe Suit 45R Last post on 3/24/14 at 7:55am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Italian CBD Last post on 11/17/14 at 9:21am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Double Breasted Style. - Page 69post #1021 of 150710/31/12 at 12:15pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1022 of 150710/31/12 at 2:49pmpost #1023 of 150710/31/12 at 4:01pmQuote:
Now I think they look OK on the high buttoned one that Lord Mulberry posted, maybe better than peaked here. However on that 80s Brioni thing I posted ealier, that's another matter.
Edited by MikeDT - 10/31/12 at 4:42pmpost #1024 of 150710/31/12 at 4:11pmpost #1025 of 150711/1/12 at 9:54ampost #1026 of 150711/13/12 at 11:13ampost #1027 of 150711/13/12 at 11:29ampost #1028 of 150711/13/12 at 11:33ampost #1029 of 150711/13/12 at 11:56am
I have seen and thought about that Phineas Cole jacket before, and it is interesting, but far too extreme for my taste. I like 6x3 DB jackets, but I think the extra 2 buttons on this make it the equivalent of a 4 button SB. In addition, the hacking pockets and ticket pocket make the whole thing a mess. I am just happy that the model is not wearing the hat, because that would make him look even more ridiculous.
Now I will sit back and wait for the 6x3 hate...post #1030 of 150711/13/12 at 1:58pmI like that.
But I would never wear it.
Even without the grey bowler, it looks ridiculous.
But ridiculous in a faintly admirable way.
Hacking pockets not a problem, but the upper buttons should be moved outwards. Though that would not stop it still looking ridiculous. Just in a different and less bad way than most other ridiculous things.
Phineas Cole is like Ralph Lauren would be if Ralph Lauren was on crack.post #1031 of 150711/13/12 at 2:27pmpost #1032 of 150711/13/12 at 2:28pmpost #1033 of 150711/13/12 at 3:34pmpost #1034 of 150711/13/12 at 3:41pmpost #1035 of 150711/13/12 at 3:59pmhttp://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=david+niven+casino+royale&um=1&hl=en&sa=N&biw=1264&bih=603&tbm=isch&tbnid=5s9C2crjn7DwRM:&imgrefurl=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Bouchet%2526Niven2.jpg&docid=cUz_BMYiD01GJM&imgurl=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/ce/Bouchet%252526Niven2.jpg&w=300&h=196&ei=Xt6iUNmcJOrf4QTd3oF4&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=981&vpy=288&dur=3037&hovh=156&hovw=240&tx=123&ty=55&sig=112650291652024355635&page=1&tbnh=133&tbnw=204&start=0&ndsp=19&ved=1t:429,r:18,s:0,i:123
Shades of Niven as (comedy) Bond in 1967.
You have to be Niven as (comedy) Bond in 1967 to carry it off.
- Double Breasted Style.
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › The Needles / Nepenthes Discussion Thread - Rebuild, Rough and... 1 second ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 1 minute ago
- › The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions 1 minute ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 1 minute ago
- › Viberg Boots 2 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 2 minutes ago
- › new job, new wardrobe - advice needed 2 minutes ago
- › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here 3 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 4 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 4 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Top 5 Online Shopping Websites For...
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)