Maybe it's just me, but these skinny notch lapels look goofy on a DB.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- FRIDAY CHALLENGE 19th February 2016 The Green Tie Challenge! Last post on 2/23/16 at 10:32pm in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum Gives 2015 - Our annual holiday charity auctions for the Ronald McDonald House. Last post on 11/30/16 at 9:18am in Classic Menswear
- GREY/GRAY FRIDAY CHALLENGE 30th October 2015 Last post on 11/4/15 at 4:27am in Classic Menswear
- The Kent Wang Wedding Photo Contest Last post on 8/13/15 at 5:21am in Classic Menswear
Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800
Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where can I buy an affordable suit for my wedding?Last edited: 3/24/16
- What shirt should I wear with a single button peak lapel dinner...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Double Breasted Style. - Page 69post #1021 of 326510/31/12 at 12:15pmpost #1022 of 326510/31/12 at 2:49pmpost #1023 of 326510/31/12 at 4:01pmQuote:
Now I think they look OK on the high buttoned one that Lord Mulberry posted, maybe better than peaked here. However on that 80s Brioni thing I posted ealier, that's another matter.
Edited by MikeDT - 10/31/12 at 4:42pmpost #1024 of 326510/31/12 at 4:11pmpost #1025 of 326511/1/12 at 9:54ampost #1026 of 326511/13/12 at 11:13ampost #1027 of 326511/13/12 at 11:29ampost #1028 of 326511/13/12 at 11:33ampost #1029 of 326511/13/12 at 11:56am
I have seen and thought about that Phineas Cole jacket before, and it is interesting, but far too extreme for my taste. I like 6x3 DB jackets, but I think the extra 2 buttons on this make it the equivalent of a 4 button SB. In addition, the hacking pockets and ticket pocket make the whole thing a mess. I am just happy that the model is not wearing the hat, because that would make him look even more ridiculous.
Now I will sit back and wait for the 6x3 hate...post #1030 of 326511/13/12 at 1:58pmI like that.
But I would never wear it.
Even without the grey bowler, it looks ridiculous.
But ridiculous in a faintly admirable way.
Hacking pockets not a problem, but the upper buttons should be moved outwards. Though that would not stop it still looking ridiculous. Just in a different and less bad way than most other ridiculous things.
Phineas Cole is like Ralph Lauren would be if Ralph Lauren was on crack.post #1031 of 326511/13/12 at 2:27pmpost #1032 of 326511/13/12 at 2:28pmpost #1033 of 326511/13/12 at 3:34pmpost #1034 of 326511/13/12 at 3:41pmpost #1035 of 326511/13/12 at 3:59pmhttp://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=david+niven+casino+royale&um=1&hl=en&sa=N&biw=1264&bih=603&tbm=isch&tbnid=5s9C2crjn7DwRM:&imgrefurl=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Bouchet%2526Niven2.jpg&docid=cUz_BMYiD01GJM&imgurl=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/ce/Bouchet%252526Niven2.jpg&w=300&h=196&ei=Xt6iUNmcJOrf4QTd3oF4&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=981&vpy=288&dur=3037&hovh=156&hovw=240&tx=123&ty=55&sig=112650291652024355635&page=1&tbnh=133&tbnw=204&start=0&ndsp=19&ved=1t:429,r:18,s:0,i:123
Shades of Niven as (comedy) Bond in 1967.
You have to be Niven as (comedy) Bond in 1967 to carry it off.
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 14 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › NIKE Thread 4 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 7 minutes ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 12 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 12 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 12 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos,... 14 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 14 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › The Current Popular Menswear Pieces
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway