Maybe it's just me, but these skinny notch lapels look goofy on a DB.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- The Kent Wang Wedding Photo Contest Last post on 8/13/15 at 5:21am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Wolf vs. Goat Official Affiliate Thread - New April 16, 2015 Last post on Yesterday at 9:51 pm in Streetwear and Denim
Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
Last edited: 8/10/15
- The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s Moral and Sartorial...Last edited: 8/10/15
- David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88Last edited: 7/26/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Double Breasted Style. - Page 69post #1021 of 203310/31/12 at 12:15pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1022 of 203310/31/12 at 2:49pmpost #1023 of 203310/31/12 at 4:01pmQuote:
Now I think they look OK on the high buttoned one that Lord Mulberry posted, maybe better than peaked here. However on that 80s Brioni thing I posted ealier, that's another matter.
Edited by MikeDT - 10/31/12 at 4:42pmpost #1024 of 203310/31/12 at 4:11pmpost #1025 of 203311/1/12 at 9:54ampost #1026 of 203311/13/12 at 11:13ampost #1027 of 203311/13/12 at 11:29ampost #1028 of 203311/13/12 at 11:33ampost #1029 of 203311/13/12 at 11:56am
I have seen and thought about that Phineas Cole jacket before, and it is interesting, but far too extreme for my taste. I like 6x3 DB jackets, but I think the extra 2 buttons on this make it the equivalent of a 4 button SB. In addition, the hacking pockets and ticket pocket make the whole thing a mess. I am just happy that the model is not wearing the hat, because that would make him look even more ridiculous.
Now I will sit back and wait for the 6x3 hate...post #1030 of 203311/13/12 at 1:58pmI like that.
But I would never wear it.
Even without the grey bowler, it looks ridiculous.
But ridiculous in a faintly admirable way.
Hacking pockets not a problem, but the upper buttons should be moved outwards. Though that would not stop it still looking ridiculous. Just in a different and less bad way than most other ridiculous things.
Phineas Cole is like Ralph Lauren would be if Ralph Lauren was on crack.post #1031 of 203311/13/12 at 2:27pmpost #1032 of 203311/13/12 at 2:28pmpost #1033 of 203311/13/12 at 3:34pmpost #1034 of 203311/13/12 at 3:41pmpost #1035 of 203311/13/12 at 3:59pmhttp://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=david+niven+casino+royale&um=1&hl=en&sa=N&biw=1264&bih=603&tbm=isch&tbnid=5s9C2crjn7DwRM:&imgrefurl=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Bouchet%2526Niven2.jpg&docid=cUz_BMYiD01GJM&imgurl=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/ce/Bouchet%252526Niven2.jpg&w=300&h=196&ei=Xt6iUNmcJOrf4QTd3oF4&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=981&vpy=288&dur=3037&hovh=156&hovw=240&tx=123&ty=55&sig=112650291652024355635&page=1&tbnh=133&tbnw=204&start=0&ndsp=19&ved=1t:429,r:18,s:0,i:123
Shades of Niven as (comedy) Bond in 1967.
You have to be Niven as (comedy) Bond in 1967 to carry it off.
- Double Breasted Style.
- The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s Moral and Sartorial...
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 31 seconds ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 44 seconds ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 6 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 6 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD (Guidi, CCP,... 9 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 10 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Affiliate Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Gitman Brothers Vintage 13 minutes ago
- › Joseph Cheaney Warwick Espresso Brown Calf US9 / 42 15 minutes ago
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 16 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015