Related Forum Threads
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on Today at 8:09 am in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. Last post on Today at 11:53 am in Streetwear and Denim
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Denim Therapy Last post on 5/9/14 at 6:32pm in Classic Menswear
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Muscular? Got big thighs? Want relaxed jeans? Been doing one squat too many? Voila! - Page 4post #46 of 622/15/11 at 6:14pmsomatoform: Thanks a lot. I would prefer buying it on ebay because it's cheaper there, but off course they can maybe help me better if I get it from BiG or some other store. I try to ask the ebay seller about the thigh stuff. Looking forward to finally find a pair of jeans that lasts longer than 5-8 months!post #47 of 622/17/11 at 4:41pmThis is the ebay seller's answer:
From crotch straight to side.
It's a one washed product. It comes out slightly different anyway.
The measurement size is on my description.
If the size is very similar to the jeans you have, it will fit to you.
Weird, it makes it a little hard to pick size.post #48 of 622/17/11 at 6:22pmpost #49 of 622/19/11 at 8:45amQuote:Can we merge with the "hey are there suits with a 10 drop which I need due to my superb lats?" thread?
Zegna makes drop 10 blazers and I assume suits.
For jeans there are brands aimed at the BB/ powerlifting community. They aren't exactly cheap but if you need them they exist.
I wouldn't call them high fashion but the stuff is out there.
Other brands exist.post #50 of 622/19/11 at 11:03ampost #51 of 623/22/11 at 9:08ampost #52 of 6211/4/11 at 10:48ampost #53 of 621/22/12 at 10:39amI am looking to find a pair of selvedge denim. I am 6'6" 245lbs and I recently purchased APC Rescues in a size 34 and the were to tight on thighs and to short in the inseam. I have 26.5" thighs and need a long inseam. Anywhere from 36-39". My waist is a 36. If you guys have any recommendations on what brands and styles to look into that would be great. thankspost #54 of 621/22/12 at 10:40ampost #55 of 6212/7/14 at 7:37ampost #56 of 622/12/15 at 12:42ampost #57 of 622/12/15 at 1:39ampost #58 of 622/12/15 at 7:41amQuote:
Also, the Wolf vs. Goat jeans should fit the bill when they're released (later this month, I think).post #59 of 622/14/15 at 11:28pmQuote:Originally Posted by notwithit
Also, the Wolf vs. Goat jeans should fit the bill when they're released (later this month, I think).
Are the jeans from Uniqlo any good quality-wise? They are very cheap for selvedge and Japanese fabric..post #60 of 622/15/15 at 4:41amThread StarterQuote:
Yes, depending, of course, on your view of tapered. Everything is tapered.
I have a pretty low threshold for tapered - in the my waist size, if it's below 9" leg opening it's too tapered. Some wouldn't consider that tapered at all.
Case in point. I think the Ironheart 1955 is pretty tapered for what is otherwise a very relaxed jean - 8" leg opening on a 34" waist with a 14" thigh is pretty tapered to me. But a 34 also has a 13" front rise. Too much for me.
You have to take multiple measurements and see what works. There are alot of relaxed jeans with tapered leg openings. Samurai 710 is pretty tapered and not very slim. I personally think the Left Field Greaser is too tapered. Both Eternal and Somet offer jeans that are not relaxed, but not all together slim-ish either with tapers. Some relaxed fullcount are tapered quite a bit etc., etc. Too many to list.
Oh yeah, certain styles of Edwin can be pretty relaxed and tapered. Nashville comes to mind. ED-39 as well, and maybe others.
Edited by somatoform - 2/15/15 at 4:56am
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
Currently, there are 1575 Active Users (329 Members and 1246 Guests)
- › True Bespoke suits in NYC? 14 seconds ago
- › The Ultimate "HARDCORE" Shoe Porn Thread (Bespoke only) 18 seconds ago
- › Naissance cream waffle knit roll neck (L, NWT) 1 minute ago
- › The official John Elliott B&S&T thread 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 3 minutes ago
- › The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions 8 minutes ago
- › Khaki's of Carmel - Official Affiliate Thread - Carmel-by-the-Sea,... 10 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 11 minutes ago
- › Viberg unglazed natural shell cordovan size 9 derby boot 12 minutes ago
- › Brilla per il Gusto Sport Coat 46 EU 36 US 13 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › The Current Popular Menswear Pieces
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway