Related Forum Threads
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 6/22/16 at 6:47pm in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. Last post on Today at 9:28 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Denim Therapy Last post on 5/9/14 at 6:32pm in Classic Menswear
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Muscular? Got big thighs? Want relaxed jeans? Been doing one squat too many? Voila! - Page 4post #46 of 622/15/11 at 6:14pmsomatoform: Thanks a lot. I would prefer buying it on ebay because it's cheaper there, but off course they can maybe help me better if I get it from BiG or some other store. I try to ask the ebay seller about the thigh stuff. Looking forward to finally find a pair of jeans that lasts longer than 5-8 months!post #47 of 622/17/11 at 4:41pmThis is the ebay seller's answer:
From crotch straight to side.
It's a one washed product. It comes out slightly different anyway.
The measurement size is on my description.
If the size is very similar to the jeans you have, it will fit to you.
Weird, it makes it a little hard to pick size.post #48 of 622/17/11 at 6:22pmpost #49 of 622/19/11 at 8:45amQuote:Can we merge with the "hey are there suits with a 10 drop which I need due to my superb lats?" thread?
Zegna makes drop 10 blazers and I assume suits.
For jeans there are brands aimed at the BB/ powerlifting community. They aren't exactly cheap but if you need them they exist.
I wouldn't call them high fashion but the stuff is out there.
Other brands exist.post #50 of 622/19/11 at 11:03ampost #51 of 623/22/11 at 9:08ampost #52 of 6211/4/11 at 10:48ampost #53 of 621/22/12 at 10:39amI am looking to find a pair of selvedge denim. I am 6'6" 245lbs and I recently purchased APC Rescues in a size 34 and the were to tight on thighs and to short in the inseam. I have 26.5" thighs and need a long inseam. Anywhere from 36-39". My waist is a 36. If you guys have any recommendations on what brands and styles to look into that would be great. thankspost #54 of 621/22/12 at 10:40ampost #55 of 6212/7/14 at 7:37ampost #56 of 622/12/15 at 12:42ampost #57 of 622/12/15 at 1:39ampost #58 of 622/12/15 at 7:41amQuote:
Also, the Wolf vs. Goat jeans should fit the bill when they're released (later this month, I think).post #59 of 622/14/15 at 11:28pmQuote:Originally Posted by notwithit
Also, the Wolf vs. Goat jeans should fit the bill when they're released (later this month, I think).
Are the jeans from Uniqlo any good quality-wise? They are very cheap for selvedge and Japanese fabric..post #60 of 622/15/15 at 4:41amThread StarterQuote:
Yes, depending, of course, on your view of tapered. Everything is tapered.
I have a pretty low threshold for tapered - in the my waist size, if it's below 9" leg opening it's too tapered. Some wouldn't consider that tapered at all.
Case in point. I think the Ironheart 1955 is pretty tapered for what is otherwise a very relaxed jean - 8" leg opening on a 34" waist with a 14" thigh is pretty tapered to me. But a 34 also has a 13" front rise. Too much for me.
You have to take multiple measurements and see what works. There are alot of relaxed jeans with tapered leg openings. Samurai 710 is pretty tapered and not very slim. I personally think the Left Field Greaser is too tapered. Both Eternal and Somet offer jeans that are not relaxed, but not all together slim-ish either with tapers. Some relaxed fullcount are tapered quite a bit etc., etc. Too many to list.
Oh yeah, certain styles of Edwin can be pretty relaxed and tapered. Nashville comes to mind. ED-39 as well, and maybe others.
Edited by somatoform - 2/15/15 at 4:56am
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
Currently, there are 1179 Active Users (203 Members and 976 Guests)
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 1 minute ago
- › Daily CE Musings of Piob 2 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Singapore shopping 4 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 4 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 5 minutes ago
- › Vanda Fine Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 8 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding