• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rubinacci visiting NYC (May 27-29)

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I thought I'd let everyone know that Luca Rubinacci (Mariano's son) will be in New York City at the Carlyle between May 27th and 29th. I'm not sure if there's still room for appointments or if new clients are welcome, but it may be worth a call to find out.

I'll be meeting with Luca on the 28th at 4 o'clock. I have to head to the airport right after, but I'd be happy to get together with anyone beforehand.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Will you be in NYC on the 27th?

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
Will you be in NYC on the 27th?

Unfortunately, no. I'm flying in and leaving the same day. In fact, I should have pointed out that I won't be in the city until ~2pm or so on the 28th.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dopey
Buy the blue tie with the little colored flowers in the Rubinacci display case in the concierge nook by the entrance. It is one of the nicest ties I have seen.

I'll have to check it out--it sounds very nice. I need to pick a tie to be made for my wedding, so it can't hurt to add a few others to my order
smile.gif

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
I'll have to check it out--it sounds very nice. I need to pick a tie to be made for my wedding, so it can't hurt to add a few others to my order
smile.gif

Have you placed any orders remotely with Marinella since your visit to Naples?

academe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
smile.gif

Did you ever decide on a colour or pattern for your wedding? I remember this came up a little while back...

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eustace Tilley
Have you placed any orders remotely with Marinella since your visit to Naples?

No, I haven't actually. The Marinella ties are really nice, but they are a little stiffer and thicker than I'd like under a really soft collar.

Originally Posted by academe
Did you ever decide on a colour or pattern for your wedding? I remember this came up a little while back...

Not yet. I'm being very indecisive. Something in blue, almost definitely, though.

Cantabrigian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A length of lite grey Brisa and I will be there!

Not super excited about dealing w/ the prince but at this point it hopefully won't matter too much.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cantabrigian
A length of lite grey Brisa and I will be there!

Not super excited about dealing w/ the prince but at this point it hopefully won't matter too much.

Well, in my own experience, the initial measurements were taken rather casually. The magic happened at the fitting stage.

I'd just make sure to ask Luca if your jacket/suit will be made in Naples or Milan.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
I'd just make sure to ask Luca if your jacket/suit will be made in Naples or Milan.

And insist on Naples.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
And insist on Naples.

Not a fan of the Milanese product? I'm not all that familiar with the differences myself, but my jacket--made in Naples--wound up looking similar to one that Luca himself wears.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Not a fan of the Milanese product? I'm not all that familiar with the differences myself, but my jacket--made in Naples--wound up looking similar to one that Luca himself wears.

From what I have seen (pics and in person) the Naples made cut is much nicer. Or at least I like it a lot better.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
From what I have seen (pics and in person) the Naples made cut is much nicer. Or at least I like it a lot better.
I agree. The Milanese is much leaner and cleaner than the Naples. I ran into a guy in the London shop who asked for all of his to be made in Milan because the Naples made ones were too imperfect for him.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads