or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Rubinacci visiting NYC (May 27-29)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Rubinacci visiting NYC (May 27-29) - Page 4

post #46 of 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post
Do yourself a favor, either post a pic in the WAYWT thread with no mention that it's your Rubi suit or don't post anything because if you make a separate thread about it, here's how it will go:

1. You post pic
2. Some will love it, some will go out of their way to post a crticism with the suit or your stylistic choice
3. You put on your lawyer hat and cross examine them
4. They then point out even more things that are "wrong" and compare your suit to a "perfect" fitting one from someone else.
5. You can't see their argument and continue to drill down.
6. They then start making snarky remarks about your height
7. Thread is now on page 18

Get your suit, wear it, enjoy it and don't give a sh*t what some internet sartorialist wearing K-Mart boxers posts.
I disagree. I live for the arguments, snark and runaway hostility. What other reason is there for those of us who already know what we like to come here?
post #47 of 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel
Get your suit, wear it, enjoy it and don't give a sh*t what some internet sartorialist wearing K-Mart boxers posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopey View Post
I disagree. I live for the arguments, snark and runaway hostility. What other reason is there for those of us who already know what we like to come here?

Dear dopey edmorel,

I would like to give you my sincerest thanks. You are truly an internet hero.

I remain, in my boxers

Mac
post #48 of 157
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post
Do yourself a favor, either post a pic in the WAYWT thread with no mention that it's your Rubi suit or don't post anything because if you make a separate thread about it, here's how it will go:

1. You post pic
2. Some will love it, some will go out of their way to post a crticism with the suit or your stylistic choice
3. You put on your lawyer hat and cross examine them
4. They then point out even more things that are "wrong" and compare your suit to a "perfect" fitting one from someone else.
5. You can't see their argument and continue to drill down.
6. They then start making snarky remarks about your height
7. Thread is now on page 18

Get your suit, wear it, enjoy it and don't give a sh*t what some internet sartorialist wearing K-Mart boxers posts.

Touche. While I was honestly trying to contribute to the forum, I agree that it probably hasn't been very productive. I'll think twice before giving it another go.

But don't worry about my feelings. There isn't a day that goes by without someone in real life or on the internet making a comment about my height.
post #49 of 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post
. . .But don't worry about my feelings. There isn't a day that goes by without someone in real life or on the internet making a comment about my height.
From my vantage point, that someone is usually you.
post #50 of 157
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopey View Post
From my vantage point, that someone is usually you.

It's hard for me to see how things look from your vantage point. You know, since I'm so short.

post #51 of 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post
Touche. While I was honestly trying to contribute to the forum, I agree that it probably hasn't been very productive. I'll think twice before giving it another go.

But don't worry about my feelings. There isn't a day that goes by without someone in real life or on the internet making a comment about my height.

Your Anna Matuozzo post is the one post that made me join the forum and start to really think hard about clothes. (now all of my shirts aren't good enough and don't fit )

As a fellow attorney, all I can tell you is that the criticism never ever ends.

And unfortunately, the lawyer hat is one that's hard to take off when you're not lawyering.
post #52 of 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post
Do yourself a favor, either post a pic in the WAYWT thread with no mention that it's your Rubi suit or don't post anything because if you make a separate thread about it, here's how it will go:

1. You post pic
2. Some will love it, some will go out of their way to post a crticism with the suit or your stylistic choice
3. You put on your lawyer hat and cross examine them
4. They then point out even more things that are "wrong" and compare your suit to a "perfect" fitting one from someone else.
5. You can't see their argument and continue to drill down.
6. They then start making snarky remarks about your height
7. Thread is now on page 18

Get your suit, wear it, enjoy it and don't give a sh*t what some internet sartorialist wearing K-Mart boxers posts.

I thought I was very nice last time round, and I never even made a mention of the fact that the shoulders were too wide by 1/16th of an inch, and the vents should have been cut 1/8th of an inch higher.
post #53 of 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post
Do yourself a favor, either post a pic in the WAYWT thread with no mention that it's your Rubi suit or don't post anything because if you make a separate thread about it, here's how it will go:

1. You post pic
2. Some will love it, some will go out of their way to post a crticism with the suit or your stylistic choice
3. You put on your lawyer hat and cross examine them
4. They then point out even more things that are "wrong" and compare your suit to a "perfect" fitting one from someone else.
5. You can't see their argument and continue to drill down.
6. They then start making snarky remarks about your height
7. Thread is now on page 18

Get your suit, wear it, enjoy it and don't give a sh*t what some internet sartorialist wearing K-Mart boxers posts.


I lol'ed.
post #54 of 157
Thread Starter 
...
post #55 of 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eustace Tilley View Post
I thought I was very nice last time round, and I never even made a mention of the fact that the shoulders were too wide by 1/16th of an inch, and the vents should have been cut 1/8th of an inch higher.

You're probably not kidding either.
post #56 of 157
Thread Starter 
Ahem, so can I assume no one else met with Luca?
post #57 of 157
If you also assume that everyone who visits with a tailor posts about it on a message board, your assumption above would be correct.
post #58 of 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post
Ahem, so can I assume no one else met with Luca?

Maybe Cantabrigian placed a follow-up order?
post #59 of 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post
1. You post pic 2. Some will love it, some will go out of their way to post a crticism with the suit or your stylistic choice 3. You put on your lawyer hat and cross examine them 4. They then point out even more things that are "wrong" and compare your suit to a "perfect" fitting one from someone else. 5. You can't see their argument and continue to drill down. 6. They then start making snarky remarks about your height 7. Thread is now on page 18
8. They jealously start asking about the money again 9. You start wondering if it was worth sharing 10. Someone mentions your big head (usually yourself) 11. All of the sudden, the thread continues without disagreement
post #60 of 157
12. [/pileon]
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Rubinacci visiting NYC (May 27-29)