or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › So i waltzed into martin greenfield today...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

So i waltzed into martin greenfield today... - Page 2

post #16 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by drducky View Post
Is that non-shatnes? I have a LB by attolini suit that has the tag and dangling thread

Dunno. But since Greenfield is Jewish, he's probably ok with what he wrote
post #17 of 41
Can you post pics once you get it? I've drooled over the greenfield suits at freeman's sporting club a couple of times, but they're well over $2000 there.
post #18 of 41
Any thoughts on Mr Ned vs Martin G.? Does Martin deliver a better product?
post #19 of 41
Wow...that's a whole lot less than Brooks Brothers charges. Sounds like it's worth a trip to Brooklyn.
post #20 of 41
Yeah, that's definitely a great price. Brooks MTM is $1450 during an MTM event several times a year. The results (a friend just got one) were impressive.
post #21 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by billiebob View Post
Yeah, that's definitely a great price. Brooks MTM is $1450 during an MTM event several times a year. The results (a friend just got one) were impressive.

Yes, I took delivery on my first one (using a 15% corporate discount) about a month ago and then ordered another at 25% off. Regular price is $2395.
post #22 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by treegarden View Post
Yes, I took delivery on my first one (using a 15% corporate discount) about a month ago and then ordered another at 25% off. Regular price is $2395.

but is the look the typical BB = heavily padde shoulders? I have one OTR GF suit, and the shoulders are very heavliy padded.
post #23 of 41
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitingStyle View Post
but is the look the typical BB = heavily padde shoulders? I have one OTR GF suit, and the shoulders are very heavliy padded.

I asked for lightly padded shoulders so I'll see how mine turns out.
post #24 of 41
Mazel Tov on the upcoming wedding. I hope the lucky kallah can find an equally-great source for her gown.
post #25 of 41
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsoltz View Post
Mazel Tov on the upcoming wedding. I hope the lucky kallah can find an equally-great source for her gown.
she took care of her gown long ago. She's renting it from someone local. I honestly am at a loss for what to do. In my sf addled mind $1100 is very reasonable for a wedding suit - especially one made to such nice standards. However, as a law student, i am currently forced to rely on my parents to help me out. When i told my father how much the suit cost he flipped his lid. He told me that he's going to stop giving his support even if i pay for the suit myself. He obviously has a point but i think that $1100 is a reasonable price even for an otr suit. I'm at a total loss here. I would feel terrible calling to cancel my order and i'd be very unhappy in a suit from ck or dkny or the like. Oy.
post #26 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by treegarden View Post
Yes, I took delivery on my first one (using a 15% corporate discount) about a month ago and then ordered another at 25% off. Regular price is $2395.


That must have been some fancy fabric because the University book is $1450 and the book above that is $1600 or so. Of course you can get much more expensive fabric from some of the other books.

Any idea if that corporate discount can be combined with their MTM event or a 25% off sale on RTW items?
post #27 of 41
The price is very reasonable, given his reputation and the quality of suit. Acutally you had me temped to go down there myself and get a suit made myself (even though my closet can't hold any more suits). Do you have other nicely tailored suits or this will be your first one? Perhaps you could convince your father this will not only be your wedding suit, but a suit for work in the future.
post #28 of 41
I've had a few items made there withing the last year or so and am quite happy with them. If I could figure out my stupid camera i would post pics.

Had a two button grey worsted suit (gladson, 11oz cloth) with an extra pair of trousers for $1900. I don't wear a suit often, so this does the trick when i need one. Also had two coats made from Loro Piana storm system that ran $2800 for both.

Great people to work with, will use them again.
post #29 of 41
so....you got a martin greenfield MTM suit for $1100? Damn, that IS a deal on a very well made suit!

fuck those chinese suits members are reviewing-- you can get a martin greenfield for that price!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #30 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Foxx View Post
so....you got a martin greenfield MTM suit for $1100? Damn, that IS a deal on a very well made suit!

fuck those chinese suits members are reviewing-- you can get a martin greenfield for that price!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't recall any Martin Greenfield product having as much handwork as the Chinese-made Crittenden you're referring to. The latter is also significantly cheaper.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › So i waltzed into martin greenfield today...