• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bexley shoes

Donald

Reaction score
Can anyone comment on Bexley shoes. Fit, look, quality, value.

Dmax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Donald
Can anyone comment on Bexley shoes. Fit, look, quality, value.

Built quality is very good for the money. Most of the line is Goodyear welted and uses full grain leather. Value is very good and some designs are attractive. My problem with Bexley is that they don't work for my feet very well.

Dmax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My feet have prominent heel bones that stick out a bit and Bexley shoes never broke in enough to be comfortable, especially at the heel.
My left Bexley Enfield boot has a tongue that likes to shift to the left when walking which is uncomfortable.
Overall, based on my experience ( I own three pairs) and my brother's (two pairs) Bexley are not the most comfortable shoes, at least for us.

rossi

Reaction score
I have the brown Bloomingdale monk strap (actually don't remember if it's the correct name, it's the monk strap with the wide strap), and for my feet they are really comfortable. I'm am definitively going to purchase more shoes from them, as they are affordable.

Kingstonian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I also have the Bloomingdale monkstrap and the Stanford wholecut.

I bought them in the Madeleine store in Paris.

Certain Bexley styles look very good in my opinion. They are full grain calf Goodyear welt at an unbeatable price.

However fit is tricky. I had to go up a half size to 43 and a half for the Bloomingdale and down a half size for the Stanford to 42 and a half. So I would be wary of purchasing over the net.

I also got their shoe trees which are good value for four. However, they are less full in the body than other brands of the same size.

Sizing in Bexley may be easier if you do not have a high instep.

Dmax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One of the members asked me to post pictures of my Bexley Einfield boots. These have been worn probably a dozen times or so:
Boots2.jpg
Boots1.jpg

rossi

Reaction score
Thanks! Looks a lot nicer than on their website.

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rossi
Thanks! Looks a lot nicer than on their website.

+1

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dmax
One of the members asked me to post pictures of my Bexley Einfield boots. These have been worn probably a dozen times or so:

How would you characterize the sizing and the fit relative to standard American shoes (AE, Brooks Brothers, etc)

Dmax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It varies somewhat. I don't own any AE or C&J shoes but I am usually UK8/eur 42. For the boots I had to size down to EUR41.5 and they are still a bit long but OK with a winter weight sock. Bexley Beverly loafers fit Ok if a bit snug at EUR 42. I have to check the size of my Bexley wholecuts when I get home but I think they fit true to size, like the rest of their oxfords.

Schweino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, after a few years of ownership, what is the verdict on these Bexley boots and shoes? Did they survive?

I must admit, the pics posted above look way better than the pictures on Bexley's site. The sole and heel look al lot more bulky on their site it seems. The rubber sole pattern strikes me as odd though, I'd prefer a Dainite sole.

rossi

Reaction score
I also bought the Jodphur boots (leather sole) september 2008 I believe. I have worn them almost every day during the past year.Comfortable and feels the right size. Sole is almost fully worn at the toe.
The Bloomingdale feels just a tiny bit too big at the heel, but I think that half a size down wouldn't fit me.

alladin

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dmax

Boots2.jpg

Boots1.jpg

Hi,
Are these the chocolate or chestnut? I am also interested in purchasing these boots, however, not sure about their sizing. I too wear a UK8 in C&J. Their website mentions that the last shape is generous. Not sure if I should go for the UK8 or 7.5.

Also, are the sole made of pure latex as their website suggests? I'd appreciate your advice, many thanks.

Dmax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mine are probably chestnut since I purchased them at one of the Bexley stores back when only one shade of brown was available and the other color is listed as Internet exclusive.

I am not sure how pure latex differs from regular black rubber but the quality of the sole is pretty good. The sole design seems to be a copy of the Ridgeway design made by Dainite of UK.

I'll have to check on the sizing later when I get home.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads