Wow! I can't believe these are the same boots. what line of work do you do that makes them looks so used? amazing before and aft pix :)
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 10/28/15 at 1:21am in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups Last post on 11/22/15 at 4:12pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Great Cascadia Boot Thread Last post on 10/26/15 at 8:17am in Streetwear and Denim
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Red Wing Gentleman's Traveler - Page 128
Styleforum Top Picks
Question for everyone, new to the forum and trying to decide what boots I want to get. They'll mainly be worn with jeans and tees and flannels as they'd be worn to class and out at night. Do you guys think red wings and specifically the 2955 is too dressy to wear with jeans and a Patagonia winter coat?
Too dressy? I don't see any way that could be true. They're work boots!
Thanks! I own a plumbing company. They get extremely a used. A couple more. I also picked up another pair of beckmans also. Which is the first pic.
Sorry - I spend most of my time in AE-land (lol!). I measure about a 7.5C/D. With the Beckman, I went with a 7D, and with down a half size in length, PLUS the insole, PLUS wool socks, they fit very well. When I wear them with those gold-toe socks like you mentioned, I have more room than I'd prefer. The 875 had even more room for me plus I wasn't so hot about the fit overall. As much as I liked the engineer's boot the best, the whole shaft was WAY too wide/roomy for me, and the buckle doesn't provide any adjustability - it's only for looks.
While I'd definitely take the Dalton, Knightsbridge or Gobi over the Beckmans for comfort, you absolutely can't beat them for harsh weather. I wore the Beckmans through rain, snow, ice, you name it, then wiped them off and they look like they just came out of the box brand new.
Hi guys i'm about to buy a pair off eBay but i wanted to get a opinion on the boots first.
http://imgur.com/Cad6dII these are the boots. Does the creasing on the side look ok? or is it a case of loose grain? Thanks!
They look OK to me. You rarely see loose grain in Red Wing, at least not the really bad kind you see from CXL leather sometimes.
- Red Wing Gentleman's Traveler
- › Maison Martin Margiela Chunky Handknit Cardigan, Size L (fits 48-52) 7 seconds ago
- › Kapital - hippies, Japanese farmers and post-apocalypse survivors 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 5 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 6 minutes ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 6 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 8 minutes ago
- › What are you reading? 10 minutes ago
- › Shoemaking Techniques and Traditions--"...these foolish things..." 10 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 12 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories