Wow! I can't believe these are the same boots. what line of work do you do that makes them looks so used? amazing before and aft pix :)
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 2/2/16 at 4:15pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups Last post on 11/22/15 at 4:12pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Great Cascadia Boot Thread Last post on 2/3/16 at 4:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim Head
Red Wing Gentleman's Traveler - Page 128
Styleforum Top Picks
Question for everyone, new to the forum and trying to decide what boots I want to get. They'll mainly be worn with jeans and tees and flannels as they'd be worn to class and out at night. Do you guys think red wings and specifically the 2955 is too dressy to wear with jeans and a Patagonia winter coat?
Too dressy? I don't see any way that could be true. They're work boots!
Thanks! I own a plumbing company. They get extremely a used. A couple more. I also picked up another pair of beckmans also. Which is the first pic.
Sorry - I spend most of my time in AE-land (lol!). I measure about a 7.5C/D. With the Beckman, I went with a 7D, and with down a half size in length, PLUS the insole, PLUS wool socks, they fit very well. When I wear them with those gold-toe socks like you mentioned, I have more room than I'd prefer. The 875 had even more room for me plus I wasn't so hot about the fit overall. As much as I liked the engineer's boot the best, the whole shaft was WAY too wide/roomy for me, and the buckle doesn't provide any adjustability - it's only for looks.
While I'd definitely take the Dalton, Knightsbridge or Gobi over the Beckmans for comfort, you absolutely can't beat them for harsh weather. I wore the Beckmans through rain, snow, ice, you name it, then wiped them off and they look like they just came out of the box brand new.
Hi guys i'm about to buy a pair off eBay but i wanted to get a opinion on the boots first.
http://imgur.com/Cad6dII these are the boots. Does the creasing on the side look ok? or is it a case of loose grain? Thanks!
They look OK to me. You rarely see loose grain in Red Wing, at least not the really bad kind you see from CXL leather sometimes.
- Red Wing Gentleman's Traveler
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 3 seconds ago
- › Offical Barbour Thread 59 seconds ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's... 1 minute ago
- › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask... 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CAPPELLI) -... 3 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 3 minutes ago
- › Self Edge SF/NY/LA/PDX - Japanese Denim & More (Iron Heart,... 5 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...