Wow! I can't believe these are the same boots. what line of work do you do that makes them looks so used? amazing before and aft pix :)
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 2/2/16 at 4:15pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups Last post on 11/22/15 at 4:12pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Great Cascadia Boot Thread Last post on 4/5/16 at 9:15am in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Red Wing Gentleman's Traveler - Page 128post #1906 of 19239/11/15 at 10:47ampost #1907 of 19239/11/15 at 3:53pmQuestion for everyone, new to the forum and trying to decide what boots I want to get. They'll mainly be worn with jeans and tees and flannels as they'd be worn to class and out at night. Do you guys think red wings and specifically the 2955 is too dressy to wear with jeans and a Patagonia winter coat?post #1908 of 19239/11/15 at 6:24pmQuote:Originally Posted by BN33
Question for everyone, new to the forum and trying to decide what boots I want to get. They'll mainly be worn with jeans and tees and flannels as they'd be worn to class and out at night. Do you guys think red wings and specifically the 2955 is too dressy to wear with jeans and a Patagonia winter coat?
Too dressy? I don't see any way that could be true. They're work boots!post #1909 of 19239/11/15 at 7:42pmpost #1910 of 19239/11/15 at 10:31pmQuote:
Thanks! I own a plumbing company. They get extremely a used. A couple more. I also picked up another pair of beckmans also. Which is the first pic.post #1911 of 19239/13/15 at 8:20amQuote:
Sorry - I spend most of my time in AE-land (lol!). I measure about a 7.5C/D. With the Beckman, I went with a 7D, and with down a half size in length, PLUS the insole, PLUS wool socks, they fit very well. When I wear them with those gold-toe socks like you mentioned, I have more room than I'd prefer. The 875 had even more room for me plus I wasn't so hot about the fit overall. As much as I liked the engineer's boot the best, the whole shaft was WAY too wide/roomy for me, and the buckle doesn't provide any adjustability - it's only for looks.
While I'd definitely take the Dalton, Knightsbridge or Gobi over the Beckmans for comfort, you absolutely can't beat them for harsh weather. I wore the Beckmans through rain, snow, ice, you name it, then wiped them off and they look like they just came out of the box brand new.post #1912 of 19239/16/15 at 2:47pmpost #1913 of 192311/22/15 at 4:04ampost #1914 of 192311/22/15 at 7:52amQuote:Originally Posted by Nicholas Lee
Hi guys i'm about to buy a pair off eBay but i wanted to get a opinion on the boots first.
http://imgur.com/Cad6dII these are the boots. Does the creasing on the side look ok? or is it a case of loose grain? Thanks!
They look OK to me. You rarely see loose grain in Red Wing, at least not the really bad kind you see from CXL leather sometimes.post #1915 of 19232/17/16 at 11:32amI'm interested in the 9016 model but a lot of reviews on the net criticize the stitches on the sole, that pass on water into the boots by capillary action. Half an hour on a damp sidewalk ("it didn't even rain") is said to be enough to get wet socks.
What are your experiences in this regard?
Thankspost #1916 of 19232/17/16 at 12:36pmpost #1917 of 19232/17/16 at 12:53pmI read those reviews on Amazon Germany and at Manufactum http://www.manufactum.de/red-wing-9011-p1406272/?a=80299. Nothing in this thread, though.
Just ordered them anyway. Hopefully they are worth that money ($370 converted).post #1918 of 19232/18/16 at 2:17pmpost #1919 of 19232/20/16 at 11:41amThe boots arrived today. I ordered the black cherry ones and not cigar, as first intended. The boots in this colour look incredibly good. Glad I didn't take cigar.
First impression was a disappointment, though. Qualitywise these don't strike me as $370 boots. My Loake and Buttero boots were cheaper and are each better made. When I put them on I almost hoped that they wouldn't fit me, so that sending them back would be an easy decision. For my feet these were the hardest to get into boots I ever owned. Even with a shoehorn. But once on, they were actually quite good. Snug but not unbearable uncomfortable. I'm sure once worn in these will be very good.
Had them standing on a desk for a couple of hours then, telling myself that they are not worth it. Finally I put proofing spray on them and wore them to run some errands in the rain. They didn't get wet inside.post #1920 of 19232/20/16 at 12:17pm
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 8 seconds ago
- › Viberg Boots 24 seconds ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 1 minute ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 7 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 7 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 7 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 8 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 9 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 11 minutes ago
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide
- › AE fit & sizing help
- › 5 of the best Groomsmen’s gifts