Wow! I can't believe these are the same boots. what line of work do you do that makes them looks so used? amazing before and aft pix :)
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 2/2/16 at 4:15pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups Last post on 11/22/15 at 4:12pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Great Cascadia Boot Thread Last post on 2/3/16 at 4:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Red Wing Gentleman's Traveler - Page 128post #1906 of 19149/11/15 at 10:47am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1907 of 19149/11/15 at 3:53pmQuestion for everyone, new to the forum and trying to decide what boots I want to get. They'll mainly be worn with jeans and tees and flannels as they'd be worn to class and out at night. Do you guys think red wings and specifically the 2955 is too dressy to wear with jeans and a Patagonia winter coat?post #1908 of 19149/11/15 at 6:24pmQuote:Originally Posted by BN33
Question for everyone, new to the forum and trying to decide what boots I want to get. They'll mainly be worn with jeans and tees and flannels as they'd be worn to class and out at night. Do you guys think red wings and specifically the 2955 is too dressy to wear with jeans and a Patagonia winter coat?
Too dressy? I don't see any way that could be true. They're work boots!post #1909 of 19149/11/15 at 7:42pmpost #1910 of 19149/11/15 at 10:31pmQuote:
Thanks! I own a plumbing company. They get extremely a used. A couple more. I also picked up another pair of beckmans also. Which is the first pic.post #1911 of 19149/13/15 at 8:20amQuote:
Sorry - I spend most of my time in AE-land (lol!). I measure about a 7.5C/D. With the Beckman, I went with a 7D, and with down a half size in length, PLUS the insole, PLUS wool socks, they fit very well. When I wear them with those gold-toe socks like you mentioned, I have more room than I'd prefer. The 875 had even more room for me plus I wasn't so hot about the fit overall. As much as I liked the engineer's boot the best, the whole shaft was WAY too wide/roomy for me, and the buckle doesn't provide any adjustability - it's only for looks.
While I'd definitely take the Dalton, Knightsbridge or Gobi over the Beckmans for comfort, you absolutely can't beat them for harsh weather. I wore the Beckmans through rain, snow, ice, you name it, then wiped them off and they look like they just came out of the box brand new.post #1912 of 19149/16/15 at 2:47pmpost #1913 of 191411/22/15 at 4:04ampost #1914 of 191411/22/15 at 7:52amQuote:Originally Posted by Nicholas Lee
Hi guys i'm about to buy a pair off eBay but i wanted to get a opinion on the boots first.
http://imgur.com/Cad6dII these are the boots. Does the creasing on the side look ok? or is it a case of loose grain? Thanks!
They look OK to me. You rarely see loose grain in Red Wing, at least not the really bad kind you see from CXL leather sometimes.
- Red Wing Gentleman's Traveler
Styleforum Top Picks
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 7 seconds ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 1 minute ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 2 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › Fit check for first pair of loafers 6 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 7 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 7 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 8 minutes ago
- › Collection of Style (COS): Lightweight Wool Coat and Technical Wool... 8 minutes ago
- › "What I'm Selling on eBay" - member auctions 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?