or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Red Wing Gentleman's Traveler
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Red Wing Gentleman's Traveler - Page 126

post #1876 of 1883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguls View Post

Dave's on 16th iirc.

Yes! I found them yesterday and picked up a pair there! Great store, amazing service and lowest price on the GTs I could find!
post #1877 of 1883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorysends View Post

Here's mine. Been wearing them everyday for work since the end of April. Bought a pair of them last year for winter and then loved the color so much I didn't want to wear them for work or ruin them. Ended up buying another pair for work and one pair for weekends. I love the color in person. Definitely a unique color. The new pair I haven't treated yet and the work ones i've only put creme on it once. First pic is of the first pair I bought that are for the weekends. haha












Hi,

These boots look great. Can I ask if these are cigar or tan colour.

I've got a pair of brown 1000 miles already and am worried about the cigar colour looking the same. I prefer the light brown though. Otherwise I'd switch to black cherry to be sure.
Thanks in advance
post #1878 of 1883
Quote:
Originally Posted by joep2k View Post

Hi,

These boots look great. Can I ask if these are cigar or tan colour.

I've got a pair of brown 1000 miles already and am worried about the cigar colour looking the same. I prefer the light brown though. Otherwise I'd switch to black cherry to be sure.
Thanks in advance

These are actually the chestnut 9013 style number. Here's another current picture. These boots get abused a lot with my work.

image.jpg2_zpsbgado3bf.jpg

image.jpg3_zpsfyvccxys.jpg

image.jpg1_zpsu3n73c2g.jpg
Edited by Glorysends - 4/14/15 at 6:31pm
post #1879 of 1883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorysends View Post

These are actually the chestnut 9013 style number. Here's another current picture. These boots get abused a lot with my work.

image.jpg2_zpsbgado3bf.jpg

image.jpg3_zpsfyvccxys.jpg

image.jpg1_zpsu3n73c2g.jpg

Thanks for pics. I appreciate the quick response. I notice they do fallen quite significantly. Will likely go with black cherries in that case.
post #1880 of 1883
Quote:
Originally Posted by joep2k View Post


Thanks for pics. I appreciate the quick response. I notice they do fallen quite significantly. Will likely go with black cherries in that case.

 

I assume you meant darken instead of fallen?  I have the same ones for what it is worth and they are still basically the same color after over a year of being worn at least once, usually twice a week.  The only conditioner I've used is Bick's which does not darken them at all as far as I can tell.

post #1881 of 1883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunstealer73 View Post

I assume you meant darken instead of fallen?  I have the same ones for what it is worth and they are still basically the same color after over a year of being worn at least once, usually twice a week.  The only conditioner I've used is Bick's which does not darken them at all as far as I can tell.

I would agree. I wear mine everyday for work and these are a couple pictures of what they looked like today and then right after I cleaned them up.





post #1882 of 1883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorysends View Post

I would agree. I wear mine everyday for work and these are a couple pictures of what they looked like today and then right after I cleaned them up.





Thanks for the pics.. They look awesome after being cleaned up.. How long have you had them? Do they look good with jeans, black and khaki coloured pants? Looking for something which can match with different styles.

Thanks sunstealer73 as well for the input. Yes I did mean darken,
post #1883 of 1883
Thanks for the pics.. They look awesome after being cleaned up.. How long have you had them? Do they look good with jeans, black and khaki coloured pants? Looking for something which can match with different styles.

Thanks sunstealer73 as well for the input. Yes I did mean darken,[/quote]

I've had them a little over a year with heavy abuse and Chicago winters and I'm still always amazed at how well they clean up. They look great with jeans. I'm not too sure how they would look with khakis, but they do go good with black jeans as well. Here's a picture of mine with black pants and with dark blue jeans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joep2k View Post


New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Red Wing Gentleman's Traveler