Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on Yesterday at 6:38 pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 8/4/15 at 11:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 8/27/15 at 7:39am in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups Last post on 5/2/15 at 9:40pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Great Cascadia Boot Thread Last post on 7/31/15 at 10:19am in Streetwear and Denim
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Red Wing Gentleman's Traveler - Page 115
Styleforum Top Picks
i hate to be a downer for you,but i bought my gt's from my local red wing store, i was thinking the same thing as you are,1/2 size smaller, the gentleman at the store gave some good advice, they will stretch a little wider, but no way will they get longer.
I got an 11.5 9016 and I've still got some space in the heel. I'm wearing a wool sock from Brooks Brothers - not dress weight, but just a little thicker. I feel like I could fit a 3/4 insole.
Do people usually go 1 full size down? Or do I go with an insole?
spent 8 weeks breaking in my red wing gt's, put them on yesterday and felt something that thought was just a little fold in my sock, took my boot off only to find a staple poking up in the sole. i know things happen, but man my boots were feelig good. no problem on the return, but now i am back to square 1 on the break in, after they send my new gt's.
It's a good thing you asked. It's recently been reported that HDLP is no longer safe to use with leather from SB Foot's tannery, owned and operated by RW and the exclusive leather supplier for RW boots. The report cited several examples in which formerly perfect Beckman/GT boots appearance and shape were irreparably damaged after just a single application of Obenauf HDLP. See images below.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Just Kidding, Obenauf HDLP or Montana Pitch Blend will work fine. I prefer HDLP.
Anyone else notice some discomfort where the stitching for the lacing meets toe area on the outside (basically the middle of your foot)? I'm only noticing it on my left foot and I'm starting to think one of my feet is wide and the other is normal...
Probably about 20 hours wear 2/3 sitting (at work).
- Red Wing Gentleman's Traveler
Styleforum Top Picks
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 54 seconds ago
- › Lardini Blazer / Trench Coat Purge 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Linjer Leather Goods -- official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 4 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 5 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 6 minutes ago
- › The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions 7 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015