Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 10/28/15 at 1:21am in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups Last post on 11/22/15 at 4:12pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Great Cascadia Boot Thread Last post on 10/26/15 at 8:17am in Streetwear and Denim
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Red Wing Gentleman's Traveler - Page 115
Styleforum Top Picks
i hate to be a downer for you,but i bought my gt's from my local red wing store, i was thinking the same thing as you are,1/2 size smaller, the gentleman at the store gave some good advice, they will stretch a little wider, but no way will they get longer.
I got an 11.5 9016 and I've still got some space in the heel. I'm wearing a wool sock from Brooks Brothers - not dress weight, but just a little thicker. I feel like I could fit a 3/4 insole.
Do people usually go 1 full size down? Or do I go with an insole?
spent 8 weeks breaking in my red wing gt's, put them on yesterday and felt something that thought was just a little fold in my sock, took my boot off only to find a staple poking up in the sole. i know things happen, but man my boots were feelig good. no problem on the return, but now i am back to square 1 on the break in, after they send my new gt's.
It's a good thing you asked. It's recently been reported that HDLP is no longer safe to use with leather from SB Foot's tannery, owned and operated by RW and the exclusive leather supplier for RW boots. The report cited several examples in which formerly perfect Beckman/GT boots appearance and shape were irreparably damaged after just a single application of Obenauf HDLP. See images below.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Just Kidding, Obenauf HDLP or Montana Pitch Blend will work fine. I prefer HDLP.
Anyone else notice some discomfort where the stitching for the lacing meets toe area on the outside (basically the middle of your foot)? I'm only noticing it on my left foot and I'm starting to think one of my feet is wide and the other is normal...
Probably about 20 hours wear 2/3 sitting (at work).
- Red Wing Gentleman's Traveler
- › Official Sales Alert thread 35 seconds ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 4 minutes ago
- › Advice On A Car Coat 6 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 7 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 8 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 13 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 13 minutes ago
- › The Official Wine Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories