Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 8/4/15 at 11:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on Today at 2:24 pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups Last post on 5/2/15 at 9:40pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Great Cascadia Boot Thread Last post on 7/31/15 at 10:19am in Streetwear and Denim
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Red Wing Gentleman's Traveler - Page 115
Styleforum Top Picks
i hate to be a downer for you,but i bought my gt's from my local red wing store, i was thinking the same thing as you are,1/2 size smaller, the gentleman at the store gave some good advice, they will stretch a little wider, but no way will they get longer.
I got an 11.5 9016 and I've still got some space in the heel. I'm wearing a wool sock from Brooks Brothers - not dress weight, but just a little thicker. I feel like I could fit a 3/4 insole.
Do people usually go 1 full size down? Or do I go with an insole?
spent 8 weeks breaking in my red wing gt's, put them on yesterday and felt something that thought was just a little fold in my sock, took my boot off only to find a staple poking up in the sole. i know things happen, but man my boots were feelig good. no problem on the return, but now i am back to square 1 on the break in, after they send my new gt's.
It's a good thing you asked. It's recently been reported that HDLP is no longer safe to use with leather from SB Foot's tannery, owned and operated by RW and the exclusive leather supplier for RW boots. The report cited several examples in which formerly perfect Beckman/GT boots appearance and shape were irreparably damaged after just a single application of Obenauf HDLP. See images below.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Just Kidding, Obenauf HDLP or Montana Pitch Blend will work fine. I prefer HDLP.
Anyone else notice some discomfort where the stitching for the lacing meets toe area on the outside (basically the middle of your foot)? I'm only noticing it on my left foot and I'm starting to think one of my feet is wide and the other is normal...
Probably about 20 hours wear 2/3 sitting (at work).
- Red Wing Gentleman's Traveler
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread just now
- › ***Story Et Fall Thread*** 3 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 4 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 5 minutes ago
- › Lets talk about COFFEE 6 minutes ago
- › Ideas for color combinations for business casual - sticking to... 6 minutes ago
- › Inis Meain Melange Ribbed Boatmaker Sweater - Size Medium (BNWT) 8 minutes ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 8 minutes ago
- › saksoff5th avenue suits 11 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015