• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

absolute worst possible names

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
met a baby boy named "General Lee" - that is, first name "general" last name "lee". not as in the heroic historical figure, as in the red car with a stripe.

gotta wonder about people......

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
baldy[1].gif

Jon.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
That's a weird name. Out of curiosity, how did you know it was after the car instead of the general? Either way, it's still a bit odd.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At least it is a no-brainer what the kid names *********.

lance konami

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When I was a little kid, I knew a girl named "Precious." There's some pretty sadistic parents out there.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
That's a weird name. Out of curiosity, how did you know it was after the car instead of the general? Either way, it's still a bit odd.

because the mother didn't even know that there was a historical person. talk about a moron. basically, a kid whose cousin goes to my sons school, so the kid and his mother came to a fund raiser on the weekend. and the aunt thinks that the parents are morons, too, and told my wife the whole story.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
the book Freakonomics talks about children's names and how they can affect behavior. Kinds with names like "Winner" and "Loser" - siblings that turned out completely opposite to their names.

Then there's the young girl named "Temptress", who was a bad case of miscommunication between new mom and hospital staff.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It seems that people with a certain name often act similar. I know it seems that way with my name.

I once knew a girl named "Naughty", spelled way differently though pronounced too similar for anyone to tell the difference.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tiecollector
It seems that people with a certain name often act similar. I know it seems that way with my name.

I once knew a girl named "Naughty", spelled way differently though pronounced too similar for anyone to tell the difference.

So you collect ties, then?

JesseJB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I work with sketchy people so I get good ones!

Younique

Champagne Beaver ( I **** you not )

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
There was a Nicholas Cage SNL skit where he was trying to think of a good name for his baby with his expectant wife. His name was pronounced "Os-wee-pay" Spelled Asswipe.

I knew a kid in high school named Brick. Not so bad, but his last name was Wall. WTF were his parents thinking?

hermes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
.... there used to be lawyer in my city named brick wall (full first name was brickford)

hmmm, there is more than one out there

he had a brother with a really strange first name too, like cement or something but it wasn't cement, i can't recall it

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I sometimes think it should be illegal to name your kid anything outside a certain range of non-detrimental names... but I guess it's just more natural selection. I wonder if a study has been done to say whether people with non-"normal" (for their society/culture) names generally do worse in life. I would have to guess, on average, a kid named John will do better than a kid named something that begs to be ripped on.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
I would have to guess, on average, a kid named John will do better than a kid named something that begs to be ripped on.
From what I understand, the Jons of the world have it pretty bad.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
From what I understand, the Jons of the world have it pretty bad.

I've found the douchebaggery to be individual-specific, not to the entire spectrum of people named Jon.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads