or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Do you like to smile in photos?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Do you like to smile in photos? - Page 5

post #61 of 70
I'm a big fan of Phat Guido's smile, it's very natural and it seems to resonate from an inner happiness.

I'm happy and smiling on the inside, but am usually scowling on the outside. I've been accused of giving the "eye of death" to clients, when in fact I was completely unaware of such a look directed at the person. it's just my natural look
post #62 of 70
No smile for me when unnatural. Even when natural, it comes across as forced.

So I remain staid as always as one more who disdains the camera lense.

Cordovan
post #63 of 70
I don't have the ability to smile unnaturally. When I do smile though, its like coal black clouds parting, as luminously divine light crashes through the horizon, bathing all life on earth in magnificence. Well, not really.
post #64 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Smart View Post
I'm a big fan of Phat Guido's smile, it's very natural and it seems to resonate from an inner happiness.

I'm happy and smiling on the inside, but am usually scowling on the outside. I've been accused of giving the "eye of death" to clients, when in fact I was completely unaware of such a look directed at the person. it's just my natural look
- my right eye-brow raises up in meetings when I smell BS etc.. I didn't realise this till my team told me!
post #65 of 70
I don't know but my take on smiling is, even if all of us has a take on smiling for the camera,
That should be besides the point when something very big just happened in your life.

I mean let say you just won a million bucks. You can't tell me you will have a forced smile even if a camera takes a quick shot of you. You most likely will be cheeck to cheek beaming with joy.
That should be what its like at your graduation, job promotion, new job or...

Even your wedding (as this thread originated from the one in mens clothing). !!!

I could understand forced smiles for prfessional shots yeah because it takes like 2 minutes to get the shot all arranged but 5 second photos by friends!? You should be beaming with joy and it should just naturally show.
My 2cent
post #66 of 70
also i dont know why the only two options are:

false facade
or
dignified honest soul


why not honest , sincere smiling?

what did you go through and what is so dark inside that you cannot perhaps see the possibility that many smile because they naturally are just doing it, not just for show?
post #67 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by sho'nuff View Post
also i dont know why the only two options are:

false facade
or
dignified honest soul


why not honest , sincere smiling?
what did you go through and what is so dark inside that you cannot perhaps see the possibility that many smile because they naturally are just doing it, not just for show?

Oh, come on now, who's sincere these days? There's an election coming up.

For the record, I prefer smiling Thomas to scowling Thomas, even though scowling Thomas is more prevalent. But when someone catches me unawares in a photo - those are the best. I think there are two of those in existance.
post #68 of 70
I smile in my photos but it's usually a closed smile (no teeth).
post #69 of 70
I always get yelled at when I don't smile in photos, so I smile with no teeth and it looks goofy.

This thread was made for me, I always get asked "why don't you smile" or people say "man, you looked pissed".
post #70 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVoer View Post
I always get yelled at when I don't smile in photos, so I smile with no teeth and it looks goofy.

This thread was made for me, I always get asked "why don't you smile" or people say "man, you looked pissed".

Some people look really cool and badass when they don't smile...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Do you like to smile in photos?