or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › To the haters
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

To the haters - Page 7

post #91 of 123
why be worrying about hating? just dont visit anymore. you dont have to announce it.

i get alot and experience some of that here as well, like one time someone here said hurtfully that i may have been dropped on my head when i was a baby. but i stay because i get alot positive here and i rise above and dismiss negative things. or at least i try to .
post #92 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoe View Post
i get alot and experience some of that here as well, like one time someone here said hurtfully that i may have been dropped on my head when i was a baby.

Are you sure he didn't say it mirthfully?
post #93 of 123
This kid's kind of right though. There are a bunch of douche bag, internet trolls on this forum and others, that jump all over people for minor shit. I guess that someone in a fragile state could take getting flamed a little to seriously. Like asking a question that's a little noobish and immediately getting - "USE THE FUCKING SEARCH FUNCTION". I sort of feel bad for the little bastard. Come back kid!.......
post #94 of 123
I posted on Super future for the first times in 2 years. I was reading some of the threads and there are some REAL douche bags that post there.
I will give them a while before I spread the word.
As a matter of fact I am going to post a new APC thread!
post #95 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denimbar View Post
I posted on Super future for the first times in 2 years. I was reading some of the threads and there are some REAL douche bags that post there.
I will give them a while before I spread the word.
As a matter of fact I am going to post a new APC thread!

Ha. If you want to get intentionally flamed, just ask a question about sizing, ANY question about sizing. Seriously though, some of these doods need to get out of the house a little, try talking to a real human or something.
post #96 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by constant struggle View Post
Sadly, I cannot agree, SUFU/SF were the first two forums I ever joined where you were belittled for making new topics of previous discussions... and I've been on lots and lots of forums...

It's a pain to get a balance... some people jump on people for necroposting even though it's not officially frowned upon here, while some people were getting really tired of having the whole first page of SW&D full of asked-and-answered-100000x question threads. Personally I don't care either way, I think a new thread for an old topic (as long as it's not just a simple yes/no/size down 2 question) often gets a good discussion going in a different direction than if it were tacked onto an old thread. People's opinions change and if they see an old thread come back up they may not bother responding even though they would answer the question differently now.

Either way, I wish people would stop being such dbags about telling noobs where to put their questions and stuff. Especially people who haven't been here very long.
post #97 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by morse9443 View Post
Ha. If you want to get intentionally flamed, just ask a question about sizing, ANY question about sizing. Seriously though, some of these doods need to get out of the house a little, try talking to a real human or something.
I haven't even looked at SuFu in a long time. Most of the posters there remind me of the kid on South Park who played Dance Dance Revolution at the arcade all the time.
post #98 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goblin View Post
I haven't even looked at SuFu in a long time. Most of the posters there remind me of the kid on South Park who played Dance Dance Revolution at the arcade all the time.

I think at this point, sufu USED to be a great resource. Lots of galleries of denim/fading pics, etc. But like many other things, they got too popular and started to draw in noobs and people with no taste, which egged on haters and flamers, which in turn, ruined the whole thing. I still can't help going there, but I like it here more. After all, I did just sell my SDA's there today
post #99 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by PG2G View Post
Maybe you should put yourself in the shoes of the people that have been here for years and thought this forum was a great place for information and conversation. Since the start of the year, it seems like its turned into "StyleForum for dummies."

+ a bunch. I don't mind helping out in the "I have a Jean" or "Ask a Question Thread" but are annoyed by the multiple unnecessary threads that should be in those 2. Those 2 threads were good creations.
post #100 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronoaug View Post
+ a bunch. I don't mind helping out in the "I have a Jean" or "Ask a Question Thread" but are annoyed by the multiple unnecessary threads that should be in those 2. Those 2 threads were good creations.
If people see threads with questions that should be merged into the main Jean/Question threads, hit the report post button and just type "merge with IHAJ/SQ thread" and one of us can look at it.
post #101 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by j View Post
If people see threads with questions that should be merged into the main Jean/Question threads, hit the report post button and just type "merge with IHAJ/SQ thread" and one of us can look at it.
Good to know. This will be far more productive than the rest of us coming up with clever macros.
post #102 of 123
Does this mean, no more typing cat macros into google and seeing what happens like this?
post #103 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronoaug View Post
+ a bunch. I don't mind helping out in the "I have a Jean" or "Ask a Question Thread" but are annoyed by the multiple unnecessary threads that should be in those 2. Those 2 threads were good creations.

Yeah but people receive a satisfaction having their personal answers questioned regardless of whether there question is the same as someone else's. I personally have no problem reading through the same repeated question. It doesn't bother me... Especially because I can choose to ignore it. I also feel like if we have those 2 particular threads, "I have a jean" and "ask a question", we can also probably add 2 or 3 more threads for other purposes and pretty soon we'll have about 5-6 threads to work with and no further creations.

I think there is something great in answering people's questions and not just having them read off some ancient post about their question.

Some jeans like Samurais change in sizing too so to refer to an old post about it may be a false source.

I just think it's silly to make such a big deal about this stuff. No one's time is so valuable that you can't scroll past a thread that bugs you.
post #104 of 123
I agree, it's nice to help people out with those questions, but the problem lies with 3-5 people a month creating an almost identical thread (best cheap tshirt, help with these shoes, how do you feel about this shirt/jacket/pants) that could either be solved with one of the 2 help threads, or by searching an old thread. Some of the threads are especially annoying when someone wants advice on which jacket/shoes/tshirts to buy, chooses items that the forum obviously frowns upon (loud graphics, generic inoffensive BR stuff, or just plain ugly ass shoes), and then gets confused when people disagree with his style. Lurk for a week to gauge stuff. Then again, fuck, i asked for help threads when i was new too. I know it's rough starting out, which is why i try to be helpful with question answering a bunch.
post #105 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronoaug View Post
I agree, it's nice to help people out with those questions, but the problem lies with 3-5 people a month creating an almost identical thread (best cheap tshirt, help with these shoes, how do you feel about this shirt/jacket/pants) that could either be solved with one of the 2 help threads, or by searching an old thread. Some of the threads are especially annoying when someone wants advice on which jacket/shoes/tshirts to buy, chooses items that the forum obviously frowns upon (loud graphics, generic inoffensive BR stuff, or just plain ugly ass shoes), and then gets confused when people disagree with his style. Lurk for a week to gauge stuff. Then again, fuck, i asked for help threads when i was new too. I know it's rough starting out, which is why i try to be helpful with question answering a bunch.
You're missing his point. It's not really a problem. 3-5 identical threads -- who gives a shit? And people being dicks about it are not doing a valuable service to the community.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › To the haters