If you want to know how to lose your stomach fat, don't believe some of the common weight loss myths below:
1. Cut Out The Fat - Embrace fat, and although fat is the most concentrated supplier of calories, it's an essential source of nutrients for wellbeing. However there are the bad fats and the good fats - so look for good sources of fat from nuts, avocados, seeds, fish and low fat dairy products.
Aim to have for half a gram of fat for every pound of desired weight.
2. Sit Ups Burn Tummy Fat - heck 'no'. It provides very little resistance to the body - and it won't melt fat away from your tummy. In general, exercising specific muscle groups doesn't burn fat from that area of focus. The best ways to lose body is to reduce your calorie intake and use a combination of interval training and multi movement exercises to stimulate fat burning hormones.
3. Carbs are the enemy - No. Again there are good and bad carbs. People believing low carbs diets are the only way to lose fat or is the best way to lose fat need a re-think.
It is a myth that carbs on their own lead to weight gain. So forget about what is being preached about carbs - the fact is we need it in out diet. Just eat more of the wholesome, natural carbs - and avoid the processed kinds like white bread, white rice, chips and other foods stripped of it's nutrients.
Eat carbs according to your health status, your goals and your body type.
4. Don't eat anything after 7pm - Losing weight is not so much about when you eat, but what and how much. But snacking on the bad kinds of foods will increase body fat. If you can't resist to the temptations, try changing your taste buds by preparing a small healthy snack.
5. Food is Your Friend - We eat to live. If you believe that eating less will lead to more weight loss fast - think again. Not only is it unhealthy, it is not manageable. Even if you did lose 20 or 30 pounds fast, you'll more likely gain it back twice as fast.
The best way to lose body fat and keep it off is slowly and steadily. You need a certain amount of calories for energy, and not getting enough of it will slow your metabolism. Also, if you're not eating enough, you might be prone to cravings and make up the missing calories by snacking.
Lastly, all it boils down to is - eat sensibly, eat healthy, eat more fruits and vegies - but more importantly avoid high calorie food and sugary drinks. Exercise regularly to kick-start your health and metabolism - and live longer.
This is how to lose your stomach fat for good.