or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Hummer H3
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Hummer H3 - Page 4

post #46 of 68
H3's rock... but $$$$$$
post #47 of 68
I don't really understand Hummers myself. It is good for about 13 mpg. Thats just not right. I also don't understand getting a big vehicle and not using it for what it is meant for.
post #48 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryoneo View Post
I also don't understand getting a big vehicle and not using it for what it is meant for.
You are looking at the equation from the wrong side. The H3 is doing exactly what it is meant for: extracting maximum dollars from end-users and delivering healthy profits to its manufacturer.

I think I recall reading that less than 25% of all the SUVs sold ever set a tire off a road.
post #49 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota rube View Post
You are looking at the equation from the wrong side. The H3 is doing exactly what it is meant for: extracting maximum dollars from end-users and delivering healthy profits to its manufacturer.

I think I recall reading that less than 25% of all the SUVs sold ever set a tire off a road.
it's sad, because while the H3 is may not be the most off-road capable, the H1 is probably the most off-road capable stock vehicle available today.....however gas mileage is horrendous.
post #50 of 68
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota rube View Post
I think I recall reading that less than 25% of all the SUVs sold ever set a tire off a road.

Thats true, but who really maximizes the potential of their vehicle? My father drives around at 35 mph in a 550 maranello.

dl
post #51 of 68
If you can afford the gas bill, get the SUV. Bigger is always better when it comes to cars.
post #52 of 68
Oh, and SUVs don't draw that much gas anyway in comparison to most luxury cars. Ferrari's, Lambos, even high-end Mercedes and BMWs. I don't own a single car that gets 20mpg yet my carbon footprint is way smaller than the average Prius driver. I've averaged 4,000 driving miles per year across all my cars for the past 4 1/2 years. The real problem isn't cars... it's commuters.
post #53 of 68
^Congratulations on your accomplishment. But venture a little further inland and look at the traffic. Here on the Plains, a casual census of the vehicles on the road indicates that fully 1/3 of the traffic is 4-wheel-drive pickups and SUVs. Most with one person aboard. Given the fact that these idiots almost never leave a hard-surfaced road, (and the utter lack of local Ferraris, Lambos, et al) I'd say your point is largely pointless.
post #54 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota rube View Post
^Congratulations on your accomplishment. But venture a little further inland and look at the traffic.

Here on the Plains, a casual census of the vehicles on the road indicates that fully 1/3 of the traffic is 4-wheel-drive pickups and SUVs. Most with one person aboard.

Given the fact that these idiots almost never leave a hard-surfaced road, (and the utter lack of local Ferraris, Lambos, et al) I'd say your point is largely pointless.

+1.

Jon.
post #55 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by raphael View Post
Bigger is always better when it comes to cars.

No. This is not true from almost any perspective.

--Andre
post #56 of 68
Enjoy your purchase and drive the heck out of it

No would should question dl's purchase, as long as it gets you from A to B, basically the rest of the decision making process is all about intangibles and it's hard to argue those.
post #57 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post
Enjoy your purchase and drive the heck out of it

No would should question dl's purchase, as long as it gets you from A to B, basically the rest of the decision making process is all about intangibles and it's hard to argue those.
-exactly
post #58 of 68
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota rube View Post
Given the fact that these idiots almost never leave a hard-surfaced road,

So an SUV driver who chooses to not carpool like a 5th grader is automatically an idiot?

dl
post #59 of 68
^Sorry. I should not have included that word.
post #60 of 68
The final obituary hasn't been written, but the future looks grim for the gigantic gas guzzler. It never was a big seller for GM; just 56,000 were sold in 2007. But sales are down 36 percent this year and 60 percent alone in May.

Perhaps the biggest sign that GM is finally seeing the light is that it is considering selling off its Hummer line.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Hummer H3