or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cigars - Page 529

post #7921 of 9933
I'm completely out of CoRos, PSD4s, and almost out of Fonseca No. 1s (which are my go-to handout stick as well as one of my favorite mild cigars), and I think a restock is necessary shortly. However, I'm thinking that I'll avoid the PSD4s and maybe even CoRos, and move up in both, to maybe P2s and CoLas (if I have the balls for it Esplendidos). I'm probably going to get the Fonseca Cosacas instead of the No. 1, which was great ROTT and for about 18 months after I got them (I think it was 2-3 years on box date), after which time they just started to suck... draw issues everywhere. I'll probably sit on the Fonsecas for longer than I did before. I've still got upwards of 3/4 of a box of RASS, almost full half boxes of mag50s and famosos, and dwindling supplies of BRCs and robo Ts. I'm blown away with how much I like the robusto T, enough to the point where given the choice between smoking one and a BHK, it gets difficult. I might dabble a bit more into Trinidad... just thinking aloud.

I'm also probably going to buy a box of Don Pepin blue labels as well... Burning through my stock and haven't bought any boxes since I got a box of BHKs in the winter.
post #7922 of 9933
Decided to try and get out in my garden before a big thunderstorm hit and opted to bring along an Oliva Grand Maduro. I've been sitting on these for a while and figured It might make for a decent garden stick. I'm actuall enjoying it quite a bit, and it seems to have a lot more flavor than what I had remembered them possessing when I bought them.

Unfortunately, I didn't beat the rain, so I'm huddled under my eaves trying to finish this one relatively unsoaked. Thinking about driving to the B&M an hour away after lunch tonpick up something good and make use of their lounge while the wife's at work.
post #7923 of 9933
So, got some CC in the mail today. A 10 box of RYJ Shorts and a 10 box of Lusitanias. However, a few of the Lusitanias have small cracks running a couple inches down the foot, Is there any way to fix it, or will it still light ok?
post #7924 of 9933
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krish the Fish View Post

I'm completely out of CoRos, PSD4s, and almost out of Fonseca No. 1s (which are my go-to handout stick as well as one of my favorite mild cigars), and I think a restock is necessary shortly. However, I'm thinking that I'll avoid the PSD4s and maybe even CoRos, and move up in both, to maybe P2s and CoLas (if I have the balls for it Esplendidos). I'm probably going to get the Fonseca Cosacas instead of the No. 1, which was great ROTT and for about 18 months after I got them (I think it was 2-3 years on box date), after which time they just started to suck... draw issues everywhere. I'll probably sit on the Fonsecas for longer than I did before. I've still got upwards of 3/4 of a box of RASS, almost full half boxes of mag50s and famosos, and dwindling supplies of BRCs and robo Ts. I'm blown away with how much I like the robusto T, enough to the point where given the choice between smoking one and a BHK, it gets difficult. I might dabble a bit more into Trinidad... just thinking aloud. I'm also probably going to buy a box of Don Pepin blue labels as well... Burning through my stock and haven't bought any boxes since I got a box of BHKs in the winter.

Robo T is the best cigar from trinidad right now don't bother with the others you'll be disappointed unless you find some 07 ingenios iirc were pretty good. Coros are really hit or miss but 2010 d4s are very good, still need time though. Avoid the p2s far too bland for me having smoked a few I just can't get into them. P1 is my fav partagas right now, still have not had any 898s which are supposed to be smoking well. Lanceros are great though you get draw issues for some unless they're top quality, some people don't like esplendidos (I have an excellent box nad really enjoy them) and cohibas in general are just a gamble they vary so much. Try out some corona especiales, my 08s taste just like 01 lanceros, very odd. Sig i's for a short smoke.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeman View Post

So, got some CC in the mail today. A 10 box of RYJ Shorts and a 10 box of Lusitanias. However, a few of the Lusitanias have small cracks running a couple inches down the foot, Is there any way to fix it, or will it still light ok?

Unacceptable, contact the vendor.

Very impressed with 2010 shorts I got, flavorful and perfect draw so far on them. Much better than 08 shorts I've had.
Edited by jet - 7/16/11 at 9:55pm
post #7925 of 9933
B recommended the P1 also, and as far as I can tell (from the limited sources I have), I can't find anyone that's currently selling them; I might just end up waiting for them to get in stock. Haven't had a SigI yet, but they are cheap so I could probably swing a box in my next order just to see what they're like. On your recommendation, I'll probably go with the Corona Especiales before I drop the cash for esplendidos or lanceros, and stick with another box of Robo Ts when I restock on trinis.

fistbump.gif thanks for the advice
post #7926 of 9933
Waiting to hear back about these... (so Im getting credited.) Any possible way to salvage these?
500

Both boxes.
500
Probably nothing special to you guys.
Edited by mikeman - 7/17/11 at 5:05pm
post #7927 of 9933
Sparkem up you can smoke those no problem.
post #7928 of 9933
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post

Sparkem up you can smoke those no problem.

+1

From time to time I come across the same thing and don't give it a second thought...
post #7929 of 9933
A rapid change in humidity will cause the wrappers to crack. The only time it's a problem is if there is too much moisture left in the cigar. Then they tend to taste bad and swell about 1/3 of the way through the burn. Smoke one and see what happens. If they're too moist, leave them out of the humidor for a couple of hours. Then put them back in and give them 24 hours stabilize. There's a reason I use dogrocketp.
post #7930 of 9933
Got a big interview tomorrow morning, so I'm trying to calm my nerves with a Padron (non-annversario, don't want to celebrate prematurely) on he back porch.

I'm consistently impressed by nearly everything I smoke from Padron.
post #7931 of 9933
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeman View Post

Waiting to hear back about these... (so Im getting credited.) Any possible way to salvage these?
500

Both boxes.
500
Probably nothing special to you guys.

I would not ask for a refund for those boxes. Those cracks are nothing.
post #7932 of 9933
I would ask for a discount for them arriving in such shitty condition and they should be happy to oblige.
post #7933 of 9933
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post

I would ask for a discount for them arriving in such shitty condition and they should be happy to oblige.

And they did just that. Awesome service.
post #7934 of 9933
per jet's recommendation, just ordered a box of sig I. Scouring the internet for a P1 jar, but I've found two places that sell it (the authenticity of which I'm questionable about). But I have time until I plan on purchasing my jar of P1s, so we shall see.
post #7935 of 9933
Alright guys, have a bit of a scare. I was showing someone my new RyJ and noticed a tiny bug on one. From what I remember it was a tiny green bug. Need I worry?
Possibly a wood mite, or does this sound like a beetle?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home