or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cigars - Page 304

post #4546 of 9898
i think my first habanos purchase will be in the next couple months. I'm looking at the Siglo Vs & RASS. Are those good "first" habanos to get? (I'm actually not sure if the place I found is legit also, so I'll probably do a test run first with something cheaper to see if the goods are what I want.)
post #4547 of 9898
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krish the Fish View Post
i think my first habanos purchase will be in the next couple months. I'm looking at the Siglo Vs & RASS. Are those good "first" habanos to get? (I'm actually not sure if the place I found is legit also, so I'll probably do a test run first with something cheaper to see if the goods are what I want.)

I like RASS. They are smoking pretty good right now. I haven't had a V, but the siglos I have had have all been great. I don't think you can go wrong with those two boxes.
post #4548 of 9898
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdeuce22 View Post
there is no such thing as a dominican cohiba esplendido. maybe it's a churchill, but they are not related. at all.
I was basing the sizing estimate on the general length ( about 7") and ring gauge (about 48). It has yellow band that Monticristi used until the cease-and-desist order came down. I know they aren't related. Thanks.
post #4549 of 9898
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitboss12 View Post
What would you suggest for someone that also prefers coco and coffee flavors?

Perhaps the experts can chime in here as I am still broadening my exposure but I would say something like montecristos and ryj short churchills for example are good candidates. The partagas that I've had tend to be spicy as well as bolivars. Cohibas would be nice also and of the limited ones I've had would fall in this category also.
post #4550 of 9898
box split part 1 of 3 arrived today......
post #4551 of 9898
Ambos Mundos by Tatuaje (Sumatra aka Red Label)
Decent for the price. i think it was sub $5, but there are too many better sticks for that price tag, where i don't think i'll try this one again.

post #4552 of 9898
Yeah i had a few amebas mundos. They were good, but not memorable
post #4553 of 9898
Finally tried a Brickhouse Toro today and can see what all the fuss is about. Great everyday smoke- mild and flavorful, without the head spinning nicotine.
post #4554 of 9898


Great cigar for the money.
post #4555 of 9898
Cocoa/milk chocolate flavors I most noticibly from Vegas Robaina cigars. Unicos (torp) and Don Alejandros (DC size) are the best of the bunch I think...though I am guilty of having a box of the Famosos (robos) and Familiares (coronas) as well. Enjoy the whole lineup.
post #4556 of 9898
Just got my mc pe and psd4s which look noticably different than the 08s I had.

My humidor is stuffed to the rim and my travel humi barely held the rest haha.

Time for a bigger humidor.
post #4557 of 9898
Lots of great smoking this past weekend:

- A "near diplomatic" Trinidad Fundadore ... if that's a fair way of describing one of the first boxes produced for non-diplomatic functions.
- A beautifully aged '03 Cohiba Robusto
- A original release Siglo IV
- A custom rolled from the Partagas dinner in 2009 (I'll attach a photo)
- An '08 Siglo I

I also finished off a bottle of Havana Club Barrel Proof with a friend, along with some champaigne and craft beers (including a bottle of Lost Abbey Angel's Share). The food was great as well but I won't go into that in this thread.
LL
LL
post #4558 of 9898
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
Perhaps the experts can chime in here as I am still broadening my exposure but I would say something like montecristos and ryj short churchills for example are good candidates. The partagas that I've had tend to be spicy as well as bolivars. Cohibas would be nice also and of the limited ones I've had would fall in this category also.
This is almost entirely useless as those cigars have completely different flavour profiles.

There are too many montes to recommend universally like that; it depends what you're smoking. I do not like the #2 very much, but I have a few 07/08 #4s left that I really enjoy. However, they have much more of a nutty, earthy flavour than chocolatey.

The RyJ SC is one of the world's most overrated cigars in my opinion. Very little flavour and certainly didn't detect any cocoa notes. People who do not like strong cigars tend to gravitate towards this one.

Partagas is too large a category to discuss in its entirety. SD2 and SD4 are not very chocolatey.

Bolivar belicoso fino is delicious and powerful, with some definite cocoa notes. Gold medal is very good, too. The others are not even worth trying imo.

Cohiba Siglo IV has a nice cocoa profile in my opinion. The other siglos do not, nor do the maduros.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PartagasIV View Post
Cocoa/milk chocolate flavors I most noticibly from Vegas Robaina cigars. Unicos (torp) and Don Alejandros (DC size) are the best of the bunch I think...though I am guilty of having a box of the Famosos (robos) and Familiares (coronas) as well. Enjoy the whole lineup.
Agreed about the famosos. A great cigar. I have the suspicion that I've tried the others but none made a very strong impression.

However, if the poster is looking for the best, most chocolatey cigar in the world, he cannot go wrong with the San Cristobal Muralla.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Girardian View Post
Lots of great smoking this past weekend:

- A "near diplomatic" Trinidad Fundadore ... if that's a fair way of describing one of the first boxes produced for non-diplomatic functions.
- A beautifully aged '03 Cohiba Robusto
- A original release Siglo IV
- A custom rolled from the Partagas dinner in 2009 (I'll attach a photo)
- An '08 Siglo I

I also finished off a bottle of Havana Club Barrel Proof with a friend, along with some champaigne and craft beers (including a bottle of Lost Abbey Angel's Share). The food was great as well but I won't go into that in this thread.
Go into it, it would be a change of routine from "great spice" and "uneven burn".

In other news, my hygrometer broke this weekend. The poor thing perpetually reads 75% humidity and 73°.
post #4559 of 9898
Thanks to everyone for the suggestions. I'll definitely look into them.
post #4560 of 9898
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitboss12 View Post
What would you suggest for someone that also prefers coco and coffee flavors?

Cohiba
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home