or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cigars - Page 273

post #4081 of 9849
Aging is a big debate. Cc do tend to become more complex and mellow with some years under their belt. Sayung they sre unshakable with a recent box code is bullshit. They are defiantly spicier and more harsh, but with some blends I like them younger. Usually if I taste a lot of amonia i will let them rest for a year and try them again. Some cigars need no time, some need 2 some even need 5-10
post #4082 of 9849
Quote:
Originally Posted by holymadness View Post
I don't deny that you can get them; we all know the right websites to order from. Odd, though, that I only ever hear Americans decrying the faults of Cubans.

I have a pet theory, purely my own: in order to make up for the shortfall of domestic supply, you buy Dominicans and Nicaraguans from the local B&M because they're there and it's convenient. This thread provides ample evidence of that. As a result, your palates have become adapted to their flavour profile -- the one you're most used to. Small wonder, then, that what the rest of the world considers the pinnacle of cigar production tastes like "garbage" to you. It's sort of the same way you're more or less incapable of appreciating good beer after being raised on a diet of 3% watered-down, pale lager.

Nonsense, clearly.

The rest of the world doesn't have the same access to NC cigars. In most european countries pricing on NCs is insane. Ask nootjie, I'm pretty sure he is in the business. Anyone who claims that CC cigars are as approachable as top notch NC cigars right out of the box is insane. Try some padron, anejos, opus x's. The balance, the flavor, it cant be touched.

I've said it for a long time, Cuba has the best tobacco, but the rest of the world makes the best cigars. Better quality, they give them more time to age, et cetera.
post #4083 of 9849
^blasphemy!
post #4084 of 9849
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcuknu View Post
The rest of the world doesn't have the same access to NC cigars. In most european countries pricing on NCs is insane.
this is very true. at any random spanish tobacco shop there will be probably be a 80-20 or even 90-10 ratio of Cubans to non-cubans. also, the non-cubans are usually priced more expensive. even if the shop carries a nc brand they will likely just have like the robusto while for all the cubans they carry the whole line.
post #4085 of 9849
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcuknu View Post
The rest of the world doesn't have the same access to NC cigars. In most european countries pricing on NCs is insane.
Agreed. In some places they don't even sell NCs.
post #4086 of 9849
Cubao #4 (robusto) got this in a 601 sampler. nice triple cap and wonderful construction all around. flavor was great. draw was good and it produced tons of smoke. great cigar for the money. good peppery start with a coffee and dark chocolate middle.
post #4087 of 9849
Had a Cohiba Pequeno nat. with some coffee. Was a bit windy so that affected the smoke. Flavors were interesting but a little boring, not bad for a quick smoke though. Like it better than the RP '90 Juniors...
post #4088 of 9849
Poker tonight. I expect a solid three-cigar line up. Will post later what I end up smoking but tentative include:

- 1 custom rolled cigar
- A Cohiba Lancero, '01
- A Monte Especial No. 1, '00

So many cigars ... so little time.
post #4089 of 9849
I got this unbanded stick from fcuknu. The wrapper looks almost camouflaged alternating between shades of brown. Its dark, but I'm not entirely sure its a maduro, it kicks off a ton of spice so I'm thinking it might be a lingero or corojo. In fact, the general theme of the stick is pepper. It has a ton of spice and is a pretty strong smoke. The second most pronounced flavor was earth. Definitely mostly, if not entirely, Nicaraguan tobacco in there. The burn was pretty good, but the ash was flakey. I'm pretty sure its a Padilla Obsidian. I just smoked a Dominous the other week and this tasted very similar. It was not as sweet as the Dominous, but had a lot of Padilla earth notes in it. I'm interested in seeing what it was.
post #4090 of 9849
Smoked a cabaiguan maduro and the patel bros finally, not a bad smoke if I do say so will probably pick up some more. Cousin gifted me another epicure 2.
post #4091 of 9849
Cain Maduro Torpedo right now after a massive brunch with my parents. Fantastic smoke. I didn't really care for the F, but the Maduro is superb.

Fcuknu, you win
post #4092 of 9849
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
Smoked a cabaiguan maduro and the patel bros finally, not a bad smoke if I do say so will probably pick up some more. Cousin gifted me another epicure 2.

how was this. my store just got some in. i picked up the maduro robusto
post #4093 of 9849
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
Ah but you were trying to come off like one, go back and read what dp wrote and you'll understand (or maybe not due to your selective memory). Not going to address any of your silly points due to their comedic nature.
Hm, seems to me that everyone agreed that a) it's bullshit that CCs are garbage before 2 years of aging have passed ; b) it's bullshit that NCs are magically exempt from requiring any aging.

So while I have my own pet theory about why only Americans trash CCs on a regular basis, which is purely my own, everyone seems to be in basic agreement that you're wrong. Go back and read the debate. No one comes even remotely close to agreeing with you, even NC lovers. Work on your reading comprehension, then come back when you're ready.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcuknu
The rest of the world doesn't have the same access to NC cigars. In most european countries pricing on NCs is insane. Ask nootjie, I'm pretty sure he is in the business. Anyone who claims that CC cigars are as approachable as top notch NC cigars right out of the box is insane. Try some padron, anejos, opus x's. The balance, the flavor, it cant be touched.

I've said it for a long time, Cuba has the best tobacco, but the rest of the world makes the best cigars. Better quality, they give them more time to age, et cetera.
Unlike the average guy on the street, I source all of my cigars online, so access to NCs isn't a problem. I also grew up in North America, where they were plentiful. I admit I have smoked some I enjoyed, but I had to pay around $25 a stick to find anything that compared to my favourite CCs (a very good padron 25th anniversary). When I can have an equivalent or better experience for less than $7, why should I bother?
post #4094 of 9849
Quote:
Originally Posted by holymadness View Post
Hm, seems to me that everyone agreed that a) it's bullshit that CCs are garbage before 2 years of aging have passed ; b) it's bullshit that NCs are magically exempt from requiring any aging.

So while I have my own pet theory about why only Americans trash CCs on a regular basis, which is purely my own, everyone seems to be in basic agreement that you're wrong. Go back and read the debate. No one comes even remotely close to agreeing with you, even NC lovers. Work on your reading comprehension, then come back when you're ready.


Unlike the average guy on the street, I source all of my cigars online, so access to NCs isn't a problem. I also grew up in North America, where they were plentiful. I admit I have smoked some I enjoyed, but I had to pay around $25 a stick to find anything that compared to my favourite CCs (a very good padron 25th anniversary). When I can have an equivalent or better experience for less than $7, why should I bother?

The ironing is delicious.

Brian, I smoke the smaller ring gauge ones and they are a solid daily smoke.
post #4095 of 9849
Quote:
Originally Posted by holymadness View Post
I don't deny that you can get them; we all know the right websites to order from. Odd, though, that I only ever hear Americans decrying the faults of Cubans.

I have a pet theory, purely my own: in order to make up for the shortfall of domestic supply, you buy Dominicans and Nicaraguans from the local B&M because they're there and it's convenient. This thread provides ample evidence of that. As a result, your palates have become adapted to their flavour profile -- the one you're most used to. Small wonder, then, that what the rest of the world considers the pinnacle of cigar production tastes like "garbage" to you. It's sort of the same way you're more or less incapable of appreciating good beer after being raised on a diet of 3% watered-down, pale lager.

There's also a fair amount of nationalistic sour grapes involved, I'm sure. I mean, no cigar tastes good if it's smoked within 3 months of its boxing date. Yet somehow, according to the legend, only Cubans are unsmokable before 2 years have passed.


Quote:
Originally Posted by holymadness View Post
Hm, seems to me that everyone agreed that a) it's bullshit that CCs are garbage before 2 years of aging have passed ; b) it's bullshit that NCs are magically exempt from requiring any aging.

So while I have my own pet theory about why only Americans trash CCs on a regular basis, which is purely my own, everyone seems to be in basic agreement that you're wrong. Go back and read the debate. No one comes even remotely close to agreeing with you, even NC lovers. Work on your reading comprehension, then come back when you're ready.


Unlike the average guy on the street, I source all of my cigars online, so access to NCs isn't a problem. I also grew up in North America, where they were plentiful. I admit I have smoked some I enjoyed, but I had to pay around $25 a stick to find anything that compared to my favourite CCs (a very good padron 25th anniversary). When I can have an equivalent or better experience for less than $7, why should I bother?

Let me guess, the particular part of North America you grew up in was Canada wasn't it?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home