or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cigars - Page 719

post #10771 of 10897
Wasn't someone else in this thread saying the Wide Churchill's were good? Or was it the Short Churchill
post #10772 of 10897
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krish the Fish View Post

Wasn't someone else in this thread saying the Wide Churchill's were good? Or was it the Short Churchill
Not sure,this one smoked better than the short Churchill I had last week
post #10773 of 10897
2nd up VR Famosos.Last of a 5er I got from a BOTL.Really not sure on these,I know there is a lot of love for them and perhaps I need to try another batch
e2980b3659d88c9a897482dd4bcc4961.jpg
post #10774 of 10897
Sitting out on another lovely night,first up this '14 Epi2.5 left in my box after this one,examples I've smoked this year have beat the CoRo from '14 that I've had (prob smoking them too young)
This one ain't too bad either!
New World - Diamond Crown Julius Caesar Robusto or Cuban Juan Lopez Seleccion no.2 next?
183d1b2aff4e656ae4adcc2777429395.jpg
post #10775 of 10897
2nd try on this Diamond Crown Julius Caesar which is classed as a "premium" stick according to several reviewers.
I'm enjoying it,it's supposed to be made by Fuente and the flavour is definitely building well.
83660a443a5b0c3af232c1353c10719c.jpg
post #10776 of 10897
Some cigars from the recent Eurotrip:
1987 Bolivar machine mades


Davi 3000 from Davidoff London


Late 80s:


Wedding night ashtray:
post #10777 of 10897
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torsion View Post

2nd try on this Diamond Crown Julius Caesar which is classed as a "premium" stick according to several reviewers.
I'm enjoying it,it's supposed to be made by Fuente and the flavour is definitely building well.


How did you find it through the finish? My B&M recommended this one to me last time I was in and was tempted but stuck with my tried and true.
post #10778 of 10897
I'm in France so able to get my hands on CC for pretty much the first time. Picked up RASS, HdM no.2, some toro sized Bolivar, a partagas serie D, a HdM short robusto, and 2 Cohiba siglio IV (like a londsdale?) Getting out of Paris tomorrow for a more tranquil setting (Annecy) and looking forward to lighting some of those up!
post #10779 of 10897
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLantern View Post

I'm in France so able to get my hands on CC for pretty much the first time. Picked up RASS, HdM no.2, some toro sized Bolivar, a partagas serie D, a HdM short robusto, and 2 Cohiba siglio IV (like a londsdale?) Getting out of Paris tomorrow for a more tranquil setting (Annecy) and looking forward to lighting some of those up!

First I went a La Civette, which was terrible, poorly stocked and cigars were in rough, rough shape. Then I went to, I think, botique 22 which is near the Arc d'Truimph, and that was great!
post #10780 of 10897
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnatty8 View Post

How did you find it through the finish? My B&M recommended this one to me last time I was in and was tempted but stuck with my tried and true.
I liked this one even more 2nd time round. Would smoke again!Flavours developed much better in the 2nd third onwards. Give it a try!
post #10781 of 10897
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLantern View Post

First I went a La Civette, which was terrible, poorly stocked and cigars were in rough, rough shape. Then I went to, I think, botique 22 which is near the Arc d'Truimph, and that was great!
I was at La Civette two weeks ago and had a very good experience. I also found the gentleman working there to be most helpful. I bought a box of RASS and a box of Quai D'Orsay and they've been great so far.
Edited by coolpapa - 9/20/16 at 3:49pm
post #10782 of 10897
Not sure what availability is like, but there have been 3 French regional releases in the last few years that, if in a shop, would be worth picking up:

http://cubancigarwebsite.com/brand.aspx?brand=quai_d%27orsay#338_Edici|on_Regional_Francia
http://cubancigarwebsite.com/brand.aspx?brand=quai_d%27orsay#381_Edici|on_Regional_Francia
http://cubancigarwebsite.com/brand.aspx?brand=quai_d%27orsay#1421_Edici|on_Regional_Francia

I'd be happy to trade cigars or funds for anybody in the region.
post #10783 of 10897
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolpapa View Post

I was at La Civette two weeks ago and had a very good experience. I also found the gentleman working there to be most helpful. I bought a box of RASS and a box of Quai D'Orsay and they've been great so far.

Huh, strange. Did you take a look at the boxes open for sale or just ask for full boxes? Glad you had a better experience than I, at any rate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PartagasIV View Post

Not sure what availability is like, but there have been 3 French regional releases in the last few years that, if in a shop, would be worth picking up:

http://cubancigarwebsite.com/brand.aspx?brand=quai_d%27orsay#338_Edici|on_Regional_Francia
http://cubancigarwebsite.com/brand.aspx?brand=quai_d%27orsay#381_Edici|on_Regional_Francia
http://cubancigarwebsite.com/brand.aspx?brand=quai_d%27orsay#1421_Edici|on_Regional_Francia

I'd be happy to trade cigars or funds for anybody in the region.

I have zero experience with shipping CC, so I'm afraid I can't help you :/
post #10784 of 10897
I did, and in one case the guy helping me opened a new box and gave me a couple of sticks out of that box because the ones on display weren't perfect.
post #10785 of 10897
New pickup


2013 La Flor de Cano grandioso regional Asia/Pacific
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home