or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cigars - Page 702

post #10516 of 10897
Quote:
Originally Posted by casadisartoria View Post

Hey fellow BOTL,

Glad I found this thread on the forum. I love everything to do with men's style and cigars as well, although I'm not a seasoned smoker but getting there! Looking forward to making everyone's acquaintance here and sharing knowledge on cigars, which you will also find on my blog.

Here I am enjoying a Partagas Short, one of my absolute favorite habanos to smoke.

Cheers!

 

Nice Tissot Perpetual Calendar! I have the same one, but in steel instead of rose gold coloured!

post #10517 of 10897
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnBC View Post

Nice Tissot Perpetual Calendar! I have the same one, but in steel instead of rose gold coloured!

Good eye! Thanks.
post #10518 of 10897
EML SEP14.There's always that element of excitement receiving a box through the mail and unwrapping,the smell coming out the box was fantastic!In the fridge/freezer they go before acclimatizing to my preferred rH.My best bang for buck smoke..
8ab272feb089fe76e0f57527b8cc96cb.jpgb906c9c448a69caf41c43481e105c459.jpgc0067f844a70890f7ca4efc7ea2eb27b.jpg
post #10519 of 10897
Welcome to this thread!@casadisartoria
post #10520 of 10897
Soon getting more of the Bolivar Emperador of which I got a box in HK from PCC last year...




And tried the excellent Magnum 56 today for the first time, lives up to it, IMHO smile.gif

post #10521 of 10897
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cravate_Noire View Post

Soon getting more of the Bolivar Emperador of which I got a box in HK from PCC last year...




And tried the excellent Magnum 56 today for the first time, lives up to it, IMHO smile.gif

I'm curious to try the Mag56, seeing positive remarks on the forums. I'm not a fan of the ring gauge but gotta at least try one.Price point for a box is way out of my pay scale though!
post #10522 of 10897
So glad I have no desire for cigars over 50rg or ELs to be honest.
post #10523 of 10897
Only 50+ I enjoy are Connie A, San Juan, OR BHK 52/54, book and humidor cigars.
post #10524 of 10897
Saw a whole set of book cigars on my recent trip. Insane. Didn't even know they existed.
post #10525 of 10897
Greatly enjoyed an Oliva Master Blends 3 (Liga Maestra) last night which is in a very pleasing oval press vitola.

Strong black pepper spice off the start with espresso coming in, cedar and leather in the background. Moved to cinnamon and dark chocolate with creamy natural aged tobacco providing the sweetness and then rounded out with the spice coming back into the forefront with dried plum. Full bodied cigar with a medium start moving to strong by the midway point.

LEAD Technologies Inc. V1.01

I've got a My Father Le Bijou coming up next @gnatty8
post #10526 of 10897
Had one of the La Aroma de Cuba and Olivas last Friday. Those and the La Gloria Cubana are about the only NCs I routinely like. I see the Padrons and feel silly for lack of a better word shelling out $20-30 for one of those.
post #10527 of 10897
Quote:
Originally Posted by edinatlanta View Post

Had one of the La Aroma de Cuba and Olivas last Friday. Those and the La Gloria Cubana are about the only NCs I routinely like. I see the Padrons and feel silly for lack of a better word shelling out $20-30 for one of those.

I have a several LAdC Edicion Especial and Mi Amor that I still haven't gotten to. Do you try a lot of NC's?

I don't have any of those "special" Padron's as I can't imagine they're that much better than your quality $8-15 stick.
post #10528 of 10897
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteslashasian View Post

Do you try a lot of NC's?

I used to. Before I started travelling as much and realizing there are almost always cigar stores where I go (about 95% of my travel is international) and that I could pick up CC and bring them back for the same amount or less than NCs I kind of just stopped smoking NCs. I go back to them every now and again and usually the thing that turns me off them the most is the stupid-ass marketing behind them. God it makes me hate Americans so much.
post #10529 of 10897
Quote:
Originally Posted by edinatlanta View Post

I used to. Before I started travelling as much and realizing there are almost always cigar stores where I go (about 95% of my travel is international) and that I could pick up CC and bring them back for the same amount or less than NCs I kind of just stopped smoking NCs. I go back to them every now and again and usually the thing that turns me off them the most is the stupid-ass marketing behind them. God it makes me hate Americans so much.

I don't disagree, but cheesy marketing isn't a reason in my opinion, not to buy a product. If it were, nobody would buy beer, lexus automobiles, or car insurance. I generally do smoke CC when abroad, but I've given up buying CC long ago since they just aren't worth the extra hassle to me, or even the added expense. Of course, I have found NC cigars that I absolutely love, and can compare against the hundreds of CC I have smoked over the years, so that makes it easier. When the embargo ends, will I buy CC? Sure, there are some Bolivars and MC that I love smoking from time to time, but my daily smokers will still be the NC.
post #10530 of 10897
I had that My Father Le Bijou last night. What a decadent piece of work. Pepper, dark chocolate, Colombian coffee, and rich wood. Then came grilling spices (coarse black peppercorn, sea salt, thyme) and a rib-eye seared in butter with additional raisin sweetness. Earth with molasses and pecan (like a pie), that wood and mixed spicy peppers coming on strong to the nub.

It wasn't the most refined and subtle cigar, nor was it the most bold, but I'd say it handles the rich bouquet of flavors with poise and balance that eludes most blends and comes together beautifully. I'm definitely picking up a box of these soon. Thanks for the rec again @gnatty8!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home