• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

what's your most douchebaggy piece of clothing?

stickonatree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i think everyone here (yes, even on SF) has an item of clothing that they're ashamed of owning (or not), considered douchebaggy by even the most forgiving of SFers. you would never be caught dead in a WAYWT photo, but willingly and knowingly wear it out in public otherwise. here is mine, the lacoste carnaby:
Lacoste.jpg
top my blatantly shameful brand promoting logo. come on SF, don't fail me now, i need some e-amusement
laugh.gif

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A hand me down from my dad...1980's Dolce & Gabbana brown short biker leather jacket, from one of their first (if not their first) men's main label collections...i might wear it one of these days for kicks since i can't seem to sell the thing. It's a very Fonzie, maybe slightly Italian gigolo piece...very heavy. Probably throw it over a muji white v-neck, APCs and C Diems....yeah maybe that won't look half bad.

juicemakesugar

Reaction score
I don't know if this counts as one or two but I have two A&F polos from a few years back, one on top of the other, crisply folded and under a stack of old clothes I don't wear anymore.

Johnny Amiga

Reaction score
Originally Posted by stickonatree
here is mine, the lacoste carnaby:
Out of all Lacoste shoes, those are some of the least douchebaggy ones though. Surely someone out there admits to owning a pair of these:
o_SC_LACOSTE_21_40-45.jpg
? My closet these days is quite free of douchebaggy stuff, if only because a few months ago I took several shopping bags filled with ****** clothes to the non-gov foreign aid (UFF) box. Some poor third world people will be getting some truly horrible oversized hoodies by Triple Five Soul, Zoo York and other similiar labels. Allover prints and all that ****.

Coho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
AP_Cap.jpg
I got from an AD. Used to wear it everyday until I know better.

Hugo

Reaction score
I have a pair of completely bleached Wranglers, I never wear them. Not anymore
biggrin.gif

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
DSquared2 polo

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Coho takes the cake, that cap is pretty ******* bad (and not in a good way).

DSquared polo is up there as well..comin from Hong Kong i'm used to seein D2 bein incorporated into random outfits, usually worn by people who spend time at the beach and gym a lot.

Interesting piece of trivia: DSquared2 would've been a joint venture between my parents and the twins had some legal issues not arised...wonder what direction the brand would've taken if that happened. Sorry i don't name drop but i'm fuckin proud of the fact Dean and Dan Caten used to work for my moms, back when she was partying in Toronto with Tim Blanks.

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fade to Black
Coho takes the cake, that cap is pretty ******* bad (and not in a good way).

DSquared polo is up there as well..comin from Hong Kong i'm used to seein D2 bein incorporated into random outfits, usually worn by people who spend time at the beach and gym a lot.

Interesting piece of trivia: DSquared2 would've been a joint venture between my parents and the twins had some legal issues not arised...wonder what direction the brand would've taken if that happened. Sorry i don't name drop but i'm fuckin proud of the fact Dean and Dan Caten used to work for my moms, back when she was partying in Toronto with Tim Blanks.

will you adopt me

danyllau

Reaction score
The puma is probably better than the lacoste.

For me, One of the 3 bape hoodie i have that i just got. The Brightest and least discrete! I really watch my occasions to wear though haha. Gonna put it on the market sometime soon.

47989267ce7.jpg

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I guess for this particular forum, this might be the epitome of "douchebaggery." I'm not ashamed of it though, I like wearing and find it pretty comfortable but it definitely gets no love here. (puts flame suit on)
0434034987790_CNERO_275x275.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 80 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 35 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads