or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Lesser Known Japanese Denim Brands
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Lesser Known Japanese Denim Brands - Page 2

post #16 of 54
hello

just read in 'senken shimbun' that Kato (team kit) has been sold to CaiTec a large trading company who have a history of breaking up small companies and 'franchising' the name off into the mass market

has anyone else heard this? or can help with infomation on how to get hold of them, before they become to main street?

RAC
post #17 of 54
I've bought Edwin jeans and they seem fine.
post #18 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinAkira View Post
hello

just read in 'senken shimbun' that Kato (team kit) has been sold to CaiTec a large trading company who have a history of breaking up small companies and 'franchising' the name off into the mass market

has anyone else heard this? or can help with infomation on how to get hold of them, before they become to main street?

RAC

If this is true, i'll start crying. Kato is my favorite brand around..
post #19 of 54
Actually, can you elaborate on whatever you read? Copy it? something?
post #20 of 54
I have a pair of edwin's. My first selvedge, I reccomend them to mates over mall brand stuff.
post #21 of 54
I thought Edwin was kinda one of the "Ghetto" brands like Evisu and such. Clarification?
post #22 of 54
evisu makes one of the best levi's repros on the market actually.
post #23 of 54
There are different Edwin lines, I believe - some made in Tunisia, some in Japan, all out of Japanese denim. I'm not aware of them making anything as wacky as the Evisus with 100 pockets or giant painted gull across the legs and ass. I've got a pair of Edwin-made '52 Lee Riders coming from Cultizm when they had 50% off Lee/Wrangler repros.
post #24 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teger View Post
evisu makes one of the best levi's repros on the market actually.

They get that part right, but what about all that nasty stuff all over 'em?
post #25 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doin' Fine. View Post
I thought Edwin was kinda one of the "Ghetto" brands like Evisu and such. Clarification?
the american line evisu is that shit evisu is still teh best (not really, but they're good) now evisu has a new head (person who helped start edwin and Pprs I think...) forgot his name, and hes trying to bring back the roots
post #26 of 54
Scott Morrison of Paper Denim + Cloth & Earnest Sewn, is now heading up Evisu. His plans include new distribution and a return to a heritage brand...we wish him luck.
post #27 of 54
Takumi on BiG is a brand I don't hear much of, certainly not as much as other brands. Judging by the pics, I would love a pair if only I could get in on the 50% sale that BiG sometimes has on them.
post #28 of 54
Huh. Off topic, but is Earnest Sewn done? I've noticed that they've disappeared from stores recently.
post #29 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doin' Fine. View Post
I thought Edwin was kinda one of the "Ghetto" brands like Evisu and such. Clarification?

Edwin makes some nice Levis repros. One of my fave current pairs I wear is Edwin buckleback, made in Japan, their slimmest fit so far...more modern, not repro

these here...


post #30 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Smart View Post
Edwin makes some nice Levis repros. One of my fave current pairs I wear is Edwin buckleback, made in Japan, their slimmest fit so far...more modern, not repro

these here...
http://www.cultizm.com/images/produc...ages/346_0.jpg

http://www.cultizm.com/images/produc...ages/346_1.jpg

I've got those.

They fit pretty big in the waste.

Also, I wish they had folded back the selvage in the pockets.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Lesser Known Japanese Denim Brands