or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Best Burger Ever!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Best Burger Ever! - Page 59

post #871 of 889
Quote:
Originally Posted by SField View Post
Best burger I've had in Chicago is in the lounge of NoMi in the Hyatt. Quite good.

Other great burger is at Cross Rhodes in Evanston. It's like $4.

Liked the white tuna sashimi as well.

We only had drinks at the NoMi lounge, and didn't get any food, but man the service was fucking horrible. We stayed like an hour and only got one drink. Took 10 minutes to get anyone to even come up to us, and it wasn't an insanely busy night.
post #872 of 889
Will try TSP on my upcoming trip to NYC in February. Thanks.
post #873 of 889
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilkinson View Post
We only had drinks at the NoMi lounge, and didn't get any food, but man the service was fucking horrible. We stayed like an hour and only got one drink. Took 10 minutes to get anyone to even come up to us, and it wasn't an insanely busy night.

I only ever go there during the day when I run into RL or Saks.
post #874 of 889
I've always enjoyed Burger Bar, and DG Burger isn't bad either.
post #875 of 889
One of the best burgers I've had so far was at Five Guys.
post #876 of 889
^^^Not funny
post #877 of 889
Quote:
Originally Posted by kabo View Post
Will try TSP on my upcoming trip to NYC in February. Thanks.

TSP?

FWIW, I tried the black label at Minetta Tavern and was really underwhelmed. I'm not going to write it off just yet since I've only had it once, but I will say i did have the best bone marrow in my life at Minetta; worth the return visit.

Up next is the burger at ABC kitchen, Mercer Kitchen and whatever else you cats from NYC suggest/talk about/dislike/love
post #878 of 889
double double, animal style...
post #879 of 889
The Spotted Pig.


Quote:
Originally Posted by hboogz View Post
TSP?

FWIW, I tried the black label at Minetta Tavern and was really underwhelmed. I'm not going to write it off just yet since I've only had it once, but I will say i did have the best bone marrow in my life at Minetta; worth the return visit.

Up next is the burger at ABC kitchen, Mercer Kitchen and whatever else you cats from NYC suggest/talk about/dislike/love
post #880 of 889
Quote:
Originally Posted by hboogz View Post
TSP?

FWIW, I tried the black label at Minetta Tavern and was really underwhelmed. I'm not going to write it off just yet since I've only had it once, but I will say i did have the best bone marrow in my life at Minetta; worth the return visit.

Up next is the burger at ABC kitchen, Mercer Kitchen and whatever else you cats from NYC suggest/talk about/dislike/love

I think there are 2 burgers at Mercer Kitchen. The one that I had... i believe it had some type of grilled onions. It was very good. Also, get the cheesecake for dessert.

In that same neighborhood. I like the burger at this place. It is a Pat LaFrieda blend. One of my favorites. Although I am not a fan of the scene at this place. The burger is great.

http://www.delicatessennyc.com/

Meanwhile. I had brunch at some place called Almond up near Madison Square Park. The burger was not so good. If you happen to go there... avoid the burger.


Also... if you happen to be in Miami (near Sunny Isles) go check out Le Tub. That is a fantastic burger.
post #881 of 889
I really wanna try the that burger place that supposably invented burgers. It was on regular sliced bread, no ketchup, and stuff.
post #882 of 889
Quote:
Originally Posted by hboogz View Post
TSP?
The Spotted Pig.
post #883 of 889
Thanks all for the TSP check. I had the Bistro Burger at Big Nick's burger joint in UWS a week ago sunday. MY lord, that burger was amazing. grilled onion, mushrooms on a challah cooked med rare to perfection. It was fucking glorious.
post #884 of 889
Quote:
Originally Posted by hboogz View Post
Thanks all for the TSP check.

I had the Bistro Burger at Big Nick's burger joint in UWS a week ago sunday. MY lord, that burger was amazing. grilled onion, mushrooms on a challah cooked med rare to perfection. It was fucking glorious.

FUCK YES to bistro burger from big nicks.
post #885 of 889
Quote:
Originally Posted by hboogz View Post
TSP?

FWIW, I tried the black label at Minetta Tavern and was really underwhelmed. I'm not going to write it off just yet since I've only had it once, but I will say i did have the best bone marrow in my life at Minetta; worth the return visit.

I wonder if Minetta tavern black label burger has gone down hill. The first 2-3 times I had it the year they opened it was great. I went 4-6 months ago and it was mediocre. Did things change?

Recently I've been going to JG Melon and they make a good bloody bull.

I found the Spotted Pig burger ok but wouldn't go back again.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Best Burger Ever!