or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Best Burger Ever!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Best Burger Ever! - Page 5

post #61 of 889
The Spotted Pig no doubt.
post #62 of 889
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugo View Post
The Spotted Pig no doubt.
The Roquefort burger? It's ok
post #63 of 889
Right, aren't the cows in Kobe actually massaged or something? I've heard that anyway.
post #64 of 889
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post
Yep. But the breed of the cow is just one element in getting to a great Kobe beef. What the cows are fed and how they're raised are important factors. I've had Wagyu beef in the US a few times and, although it was very good, I found that completely different from what I ate in Kobe

Yes, they're not raised the same way here, lacking the massages and sake feedings. Also, I believe American Wagyu is not a pure breed, but rather the offspring of Wagyu cattle and another type which is why "American Kobe" is not as fatty and delicious as proper Japanese Kobe Wagyu.
post #65 of 889
One has to wonder whether a foie gras burger is a sign of the apocalypse.
post #66 of 889
Quote:
Originally Posted by iammatt View Post
One has to wonder whether a foie gras burger is a sign of the apocalypse.

At 21, they saute the burgers in rendered duck fat.
post #67 of 889
Quote:
Originally Posted by iammatt View Post
One has to wonder whether a foie gras burger is a sign of the apocalypse.

This is correct; the 4 horsemen do cometh. I had a dish that combined foie gras and Kobe beef....my heart stopped for a few moments and then the skies parted and Beelzebub appeared. True story.
post #68 of 889
The Burger Joint is always great, especially after a few hours of shopping.
post #69 of 889
+4 on Five Guys.

Lettuce, Tomato, Ketchup, Mayo, Mushrooms is how I roll.
post #70 of 889
Actually, this thread greatly inspired me to have lunch today at Mos Burger:
http://www.mos.co.jp/menu/
post #71 of 889
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manton View Post
Right, aren't the cows in Kobe actually massaged or something? I've heard that anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roikins View Post
Yes, they're not raised the same way here, lacking the massages and sake feedings. Also, I believe American Wagyu is not a pure breed, but rather the offspring of Wagyu cattle and another type which is why "American Kobe" is not as fatty and delicious as proper Japanese Kobe Wagyu.
The majority of wagyu cattle have been bread with angus here in the US so they are more accustomed to the climate and conditions. In any case, 99% of the restaurants in the US use the term "Kobe Beef" very loosely. "Kobe Beef" is a bit like "Champagne" in that the term should signify that the animal was treated a certain way (some places still do massage/rub the cow with a large hemp rope, feed it sake & beer as this is said to stimulate eating and ad more flavor to the meat) that it was raised in Kobe, and that it is pure Wagyu - or in Champagne's case, that it was made in the Champagne region and adhered to certain guidelines. Speaking of crazy beef, Matsusaka is pretty interesting: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matsusaka_beef
post #72 of 889
Quote:
Originally Posted by Englandmj7 View Post
Speaking of crazy beef, Matsusaka is pretty interesting:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matsusaka_beef


Needs more fat.

I wonder if they send the virgin hide to be made into shoes by virgin cordwainers.
post #73 of 889
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connemara View Post
The Burger Joint is always great, especially after a few hours of shopping.

Burger Joint is good. Louis Lunch in New Haven is one of the best though.
post #74 of 889
What's the one in Cambridge called? Mrs. Bartle's Burger Cottage or something?
post #75 of 889
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manton View Post
What's the one in Cambridge called? Mrs. Bartle's Burger Cottage or something?

Who cares? It's in Cambridge.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Best Burger Ever!