• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do you stock in your personal bar?

The Wayfarer

Reaction score
Having made a few purchases at the candy store (see also: liquor store) today, I started to wonder what other people stock in their bars at home.

Photos would make this more fun but feel free to list your collection as well.

The Wayfarer

Reaction score
Forgive the inherit ****** quality of the photo, I took it using my iPhone.

Starting from the back, left to right:

Row 1: Lucien Albrecht Pinot Blanc (obviously not liquor. really great every day wine), Frangelico, Creme de Menthe, Creme de Cacoa, sour mix, bloody mix, Three Olives (cheap and completely adequate vodka. works well for parties)

Row 2: Leblon Cachaca (new purchase), Barcardi rum, Malibu rum, Captain Morgan's spiced rum, Cruzan vanilla rum, Sambuca (great in black coffee), Un Emile absinthe (just a little over a shot left
frown.gif
)

Row 3: Sweet vermouth, Goldschlager (laugh if you will, i've got some great recipes i wouldn't mind sharing), Marker's Mark bourbon (new), Boodles gin (cheap yet very good), Disaronno amaretto, hot sauce, lime juice, Angastora bitters, grenadine

I neglected to take out my Pravda from the freezer when taking the photo. That's always an essential for me. I'm also out of Scotch at the moment, just finished off a bottle of Macallan 12. I think Macallan 18 will be my next purchase.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
not pictured is maker's mark, svedka (cheap as vodka that is pretty good), and crown royal. crappy picture. i haven't opened this up yet as i am not a huge fan of jack daniels. i got it as a gift. anyone ever try this stuff??
IMG00083-1.jpg

c3cubed

Reaction score
Originally Posted by The Wayfarer
Having made a few purchases at the candy store (see also: liquor store) today, I started to wonder what other people stock in their bars at home.

Photos would make this more fun but feel free to list your collection as well.

I've posted this a couple of months previous in the "Scotch tasting" threads... But this is actually my well-stocked bar at my work office. Keeping it replenished is a challenge - the stuff disappears quickly (!)

Note: You may wish to check Huntsman's threads too - he also has a beautiful collection of classic malts, and a mighty tidy [and competitive] selection of bar spirits.

OfficeBarFront.jpg

Here's a shot of my customized office bar area, with concealed roller drawer in front is my stash at work. As I spend most of my waking hours here, this is where on occasion, party hour begins also...

Everydaycollection.jpg

The "everyday" collection, for use at lunch and afterhours, including the wee hours.

RoyalFlush2.jpg

A "Royal" flush of sorts.
Some of the rarer breeds - and not always for special occasions. They don't last long after openin.

Openbar1.jpg

The "secret" sliding chest reveals another stash.

Openbarleftsde.jpg

OpenBar2.jpg

The pullout bar on RS houses requisite Fladgate and other basics.

There's also a mini wine cellar/cooler, and will take photo of that later. Stocked for special occasions with Margaux, Latour and Lafitte etc .

Cheers, and don't forget the ice.
blush.gif

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We have a lot of history on SF on bars and spirits of every stripe. It's always a good topic. C3's collection slays me, and at work! That's beautiful. Some of my stock....
pa227678wg1.jpg
newyc1.jpg
pc067716du0.jpg
baroy8.jpg
Since this shot there's been a fairly significant expansion -- thirty bottles or so, just a few scotches, several bourbons, gins, and vodkas, and esoterica. And the point of it all:
dsc00232eh6.jpg
dsc0056oj9.jpg
dsc00312nk4.jpg
dsc00372mi5.jpg
crag1vm1.jpg
c3, have you had Nectar D'Or? I bought a bottle recently and really enjoy it.
dsc0070yz8.jpg
dsc0413yd7.jpg
And there's a wine captain under the bar, and one downstairs, with a capacity of 96 bottles or so. I've been on a Sauternes kick lately. Drink in good health, Huntsman

c3cubed

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
It's lovely you have such a well-stocked work-bar.

Here is another work-bar of sorts:

dfash20isl2020bar20close20up20245jpgbh1.jpg

Now that's what I like to see! A permanent picnic, anytime anywhere...
Wow. Does it produce a proper tea too?
Yeah!
tounge.gif

c3cubed

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Huntsman
We have a lot of history on SF on bars and spirits of every stripe. It's always a good topic.

C3's collection slays me, and at work! That's beautiful.

baroy8.jpg

Drink in good health,
Huntsman
[/b]

Yes - you have added a few since last time...(!) BTW - what is that interesting RED wasp-waisted and buxom-bottle all nicely dressed up and ready to go? Quite charming.
P.S. You've got the touch when it comes to nice drink presentation. Beautifully curled lemon twist.
No - haven't tried the nectar. How does it sit? I'll give it a try - sounds smooth and sweet.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
C3 and Huntsman:

My hat is off. I have yet to see a rival to my wine collection here (although I am sure someone is just being a snake in the grass), but your bars are magnificent. Special kudos to C3, as that stash is probably about what the average Canadian earns!

These have been posted before, but here are some shots from me:

DSC00399.jpg

DSC00403.jpg

DSC00412.jpg

I need to take another picture now that my collection has been fully removed from off sight storage and properly cocooned at home
smile.gif

DSC00434.jpg

DSC00264.jpg

DSC00274.jpg

maclovin

Reaction score
Chums,

Am I the only member here who finds the prominent display of liquor bottles in ones house to be decidedly lower middle? A fine tipple is a lovely thing, but please leave the public display of alcohol to bars and liquor stores, unless you desire to appear gauche.

Yrs.

Mac

Englandmj7

Reaction score
Originally Posted by maclovin
Chums,

Am I the only member here who finds the prominent display of liquor bottles in ones house to be decidedly lower middle? A fine tipple is a lovely thing, but please leave the public display of alcohol to bars and liquor stores, unless you desire to appear gauche.

Yrs.

Mac

Jesus. Shut up already.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by maclovin
Chums,

Yrs.

Mac

Obviously you are a troll without the collector's urge. If you had that, it would explain all.

And FWIW, if displaying pictures of "ones" (sic) collections is gauche, e.g. shoe pr0n, watch pr0n, etc., think how gauche so many threads here are. Why then associate one's self with so much gaucheness, unless one is gauche one's self?

maclovin

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Englandmj7
Jesus. Shut up already.

Englandmj7,

If my post makes you hear words from our Lord and Savior, perhaps He is trying to tell you something. It might even have to do with the display of liquor.

Yrs.

Mac

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads