• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New high-end shoe store in NYC: Leffot

nirav

Reaction score
Looks like NYC's West Village is getting a cool new store for high-end shoes. Anyone heard of this place or know the people behind it?

http://www.raredaily.com/style/leffo...new_york_city/

Tuesday, April 29, 2008
Manhattan's Most Stylish New Shoe Store Leffot Opens \t
\t \t
When it comes to fine shoe stores, it seems like men are always one step behind.

Fortunately, discerning gentlemen have a new place to step up to: introducing Leffot, the new West Village, luxury shoe store just for men.

Conceived by Steven Taffel, a fashion industry veteran of Bottega Veneta and Prada, and his wife Hiroko, a former window designer for Bottega and J.M. Weston, Leffot is a feast for fans of European footwear. Whether your tastes run British (Church's, Edward Green, Graziano & Girling), Italian (Artioli), or French (J.M. Weston, Pierre Corthay, Aubercy), you can easily find something sharp to slip into.

And for those whose who insist on bespoke, you get to work directly with Taffel for your custom-made creation.

Finally, a well-heeled shop for the well-heeled man.

Leffot opens early next week.

Leffot
10 Christoper Street (off Greenwich Avenue)
Tel: (212) 989-4577
http://www.leffot.com

mussel

Reaction score
Just visited the website. Thanks for the heads up. WOW!! EG, G&G, Aubercy, Corthay and Weston under one roof!! I thought BG had an exclusive on Corthay in NYC. GV is the new Gold Coast, there should be lots of target customers, I certainly hope they'll do well. The only brand they lack is Vass. Now that BG no long carries it, I think A Harris or Gabo (sp?) should approach the store. I bet the owners are members/lurkers of this forum.

AnGeLiCbOrIs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cooooool. Now I just need some money.
musicboohoo[1].gif

stilmacher

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow! Can't wait to see it! To my knowledge the first store that carries Aubercy outside of France and Japan?!

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn you New Yorkers!

Why is everything NYC NYC NYC NYC.

I hate you all. but I'll be at the store checking out the sweet stash when it opens.
bigstar[1].gif

Kuro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The line-up looks great, but I hope they deliver because the BG shoe department was a bust. Artioli, G&G, Weston, Corthay, EG, and Aubercy (why no Bemer??).

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It sounds like an amazing store and it will be on my list of places to stop by next time I'm in NYC. I hope they stock the larger sizes.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Looks like a fun place for deviants like us.
smile.gif

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Is the shoe fairy already camping outside the entrance for the opening?

khaki sack

Reaction score
Leffot have been listed on the G&G site, for ages.

Will they carry the shoes of ,Nun Brush?

Kuro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Opening on Cinco de Mayo, 11:00 - 7:00 (tentative).
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

von Rothbart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's wonderful news. I just check Corthay & G&G sites, which in fact list Leffot as their stockist. I'll be in the general vicinity tonite, if I have time I'll make detour and report back.

I agree they should stock Vass & Bemer, and drop Church's and Artioli. Does Leffot mean "left foot" ?
laugh.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics