• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ferrari 430 vs Lambo Gallardo

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
I'd probably look at resale value, expense of services, and whether my 6'3" frame would fit in the seats.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian278
Ferrari. Not close.

+1. A fairer comparison would be a F430 vs. Murcielago.

Southern-Nupe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DarkNWorn
+1. A fairer comparison would be a F430 vs. Murcielago.
Actually the Gallardo is more or less comparative to the F430...both are the makers entry level models(i.e. their cheapest model, even though are priced beyond that of the average consumer).

In everything I've read, the F430 out performs the Lamborghini, however the Gallardo in person is actually a very nice looking car....if not a bit too flashy.

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Definitely the Ferrari between the two, but neither would be my top choice for that kind of money. The Lambo has no legacy, and the Audi R8 is a much better choice if you're going that route. The Ferrari is pretty heavy for a supercar, too.

--Andre

wt888

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brad
Ford GT.

Problem with the Ford GT/40 is that it does not handle well.

Personally if money was no object, then I would get a F40.

Fulcannelli

Reaction score
Then there is the tosser factor, I'm not sure I get could a ferrari as you look like a knob.

I'd get niether and go with the R8, or a babe aston.

culverwood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Or a Maserati GT. But the R8 would probably get my money of all those mentioned, although the previous incarnation of the Jaguar XK is starting to look strangely attractive.

Brad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wt888
Problem with the Ford GT/40 is that it does not handle well.

I hadn't heard that. I'm not sure a supercar shouldn't be a little squirelly.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brad
I hadn't heard that. I'm not sure a supercar shouldn't be a little squirelly.

Why? I mean just because in the past they were that way, doesn't mean that the cars can't improve their handling and grip. I think it's great that the F430 is actually an "˜everyday' Ferrari; least we go back to the days of Pantera quality
baldy[1].gif

Jon.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads