• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Zegna Labels ID's for eBay purchasers (Graphic Intensive)

clintonf

Reaction score
Hi all, this thread has been prompted by some members trying to understand the types of Zegna items on Ebay.

I've noticed that there are a lot of Sellers who are selling very old Zegna's for very "up to date" prices.

I'd like to stick my neck out and suggest that "we" can post the Zegna inner pocket tags to give potential purchasers some idea of the age of a garment.

Naturally, some discerning members here will be able to look at a jacket/suit and accurately estimate the age. However, it can be difficult for some people who don't really know Zegna.

I'm going to start by listing the labels. I can't date them, but I should be able to provide some ordering of them. Please feel free to correct me (or enhance what I've done) as I do not claim to know all that there is about Zegna.

Please correct or comment on as appropriate.

Zegna Couture (latest first)

ZC_4.jpg

ZC_5.jpg

Mainline Zegna

Latest Labels

EZ_14.jpg

EZ_13.jpg

EZ_16.jpg

EZ_9.jpg

EZ_2.jpg

Not sure what to do with this one

EZ_7.jpg

Earlier than above

EZ_10.jpg

EZ_12.jpg

EZ_11.jpg

EZ_8.jpg

Earlier than above

EZ_5.jpg

EZ_3.jpg

EZ_4.jpg

Earlier than above

EZ_15.jpg

Z Zegna

Z_1.jpg

Zegna Soft (Latest First)

Zegna_Soft_2.jpg

Zegna_Soft_3.jpg

Zegna_Soft_1.jpg

Zegna Cloth (Items not necessarily made by Zegna)

Cloth_3.jpg

Cloth_1.jpg

Cloth_2.jpg

This one looks a little suspect - Not sure about it. Can anyone comment as to it authenticity?

Cloth_4.jpg

I hope that this helps.

Clint

Zegnamtl

Reaction score
Clint,

Great work!

May I add, that the fabric tags on Zegna have a box in the lower left corner that identify the family group. Some sellers try to blur the lines on which line a piece is from, the fabric tag will tell the story.

ZZ
EZ
EC

clintonf

Reaction score
That means a lot coming from you. Thanks, it's just that I was getting kinda fed up with all of the "Recent" Zegna's appearing, which are anything but recent. Have I got the chronology correct with the labels? If you could provide some photos of the fabric tags, that would complete this thread. However, I could spend a little more time to find them. Thanks again Clint
Originally Posted by Zegnamtl
Clint, Great work! May I add, that the fabric tags on Zegna have a box in the lower left corner that identify the family group. Some sellers try to blur the lines on which line a piece is from, the fabric tag will tell the story. ZZ EZ EC

Zegnamtl

Reaction score
Your sequence looks about right!

I will post some fabric tags Sunday, I am on my way out the door for the day at the moment, and The Habs play Philly tonight.
devil.gif

You are spot on with the "new Zegna" I see "Soft" listed as current too often, Soft has been gone for almost 5 years now.

clintonf

Reaction score
Cool, I forgot to mention that "Soft" has been discontinued.

Enjoy the game Sir and I'll look forward to your post tomorrow.

Take care

Clint

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hey, this is great! thanks for posting, hope the new member who asked about Zegna items checks it out for more info.

+ the one you labeled "Not sure what to do with this one" looks like the precursor to the Soft, maybe?

+ I would suggest that the final 8 pictures (Z-Zegna, Soft line, and all the fake crap with the zegna cloth labels are to be avoided if you are looking to buy E. Zegna and get your money's worth. Those are the lowest labels the company makes, and in the case of the "cloth by..." those are made by God knows who-- and may even be pitched by sellers as authentic, when they are not E. Zegna items at all.

good info, clint!

clintonf

Reaction score
Thanks for the additional info Mr Foxx, the previous thread was my primary driving factor for creatinig this thread.

It's nice to get some feedback on this.

I would value something like this for the some of the brands/manufacturers that I read on Style Forum and AAAC.

The label thread sticky was a good idea. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be maintained. It would be able to have a picture of a label and an approximate age of use.

Thanks all and any other comments welcome.

Clint

P.S. I loved your Isaia blue shirt. Nice collars.

Originally Posted by The_Foxx
hey, this is great! thanks for posting, hope the new member who asked about Zegna items checks it out for more info.

+ the one you labeled "Not sure what to do with this one" looks like the precursor to the Soft, maybe?

+ I would suggest that the final 8 pictures (Z-Zegna, Soft line, and all the fake crap with the zegna cloth labels are to be avoided if you are looking to buy E. Zegna and get your money's worth. Those are the lowest labels the company makes, and in the case of the "cloth by..." those are made by God knows who-- and may even be pitched by sellers as authentic, when they are not E. Zegna items at all.

good info, clint!

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
This would be great to put in the wiki.

clintonf

Reaction score
Hi Kent, I don't know how to achieve this (or at least I haven't read how to). I would probably need better photos of some of the labels, but if anyone wants to add this to the Wiki, then that would be great.

Cheers

Clint

Originally Posted by Kent Wang
This would be great to put in the wiki.

fkl118

Reaction score
Here's a better pic of the Napoli Couture label:

img68242fp8.jpg

clintonf

Reaction score
Originally Posted by fkl118
Here's a better pic of the Napoli Couture label:

Thanks, I'll replace immediately.

I really should have taken pictures of my own stuff (call me old fashioned, but I like Zegna), but that would have involved me moving
laugh.gif

Many thanks

Clint

Zegnamtl

Reaction score
To the best of my knowledge, this is the current fabric tag and has been for a bout 5 or so years. I have not bought much new from Zegna in the last few years.

The box in the left defines the family group, the letter defines the fabric range.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is awesome - thank you for this.

It would be great if there were threads like this in the wiki for the more popular brands (Hickey Freeman springs to mind instantly) that are sold on ebay and have similar issues.

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
how about internal tags from items made by Zegna for the likes of Dunhill?
I have two MTM blazers that are by Zegna.
I can tell from the lapel button holes and also the way the canvass sits in the lapels, but this might help as well?

clintonf

Reaction score
Originally Posted by antirabbit
how about internal tags from items made by Zegna for the likes of Dunhill?
I have two MTM blazers that are by Zegna.
I can tell from the lapel button holes and also the way the canvass sits in the lapels, but this might help as well?

Hi, that sounds like a great idea if you could include them. I suspect that they may look like the label below, but I'd be interested to see if they are different.

May I ask, how old are the blazers?

Old_Label1.jpg

Clint

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads