or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Zegna Labels ID's for eBay purchasers (Graphic Intensive)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Zegna Labels ID's for eBay purchasers (Graphic Intensive)

post #1 of 132
Thread Starter 
Hi all, this thread has been prompted by some members trying to understand the types of Zegna items on Ebay.

I've noticed that there are a lot of Sellers who are selling very old Zegna's for very "up to date" prices.

I'd like to stick my neck out and suggest that "we" can post the Zegna inner pocket tags to give potential purchasers some idea of the age of a garment.

Naturally, some discerning members here will be able to look at a jacket/suit and accurately estimate the age. However, it can be difficult for some people who don't really know Zegna.

I'm going to start by listing the labels. I can't date them, but I should be able to provide some ordering of them. Please feel free to correct me (or enhance what I've done) as I do not claim to know all that there is about Zegna.

Please correct or comment on as appropriate.


Zegna Couture (latest first)




Mainline Zegna

Latest Labels







Not sure what to do with this one





Earlier than above








Earlier than above







Earlier than above




Z Zegna




Zegna Soft (Latest First)







Zegna Cloth (Items not necessarily made by Zegna)







This one looks a little suspect - Not sure about it. Can anyone comment as to it authenticity?



I hope that this helps.

Clint
post #2 of 132
Clint,

Great work!

May I add, that the fabric tags on Zegna have a box in the lower left corner that identify the family group. Some sellers try to blur the lines on which line a piece is from, the fabric tag will tell the story.

ZZ
EZ
EC
post #3 of 132
Thread Starter 
That means a lot coming from you. Thanks, it's just that I was getting kinda fed up with all of the "Recent" Zegna's appearing, which are anything but recent. Have I got the chronology correct with the labels? If you could provide some photos of the fabric tags, that would complete this thread. However, I could spend a little more time to find them. Thanks again Clint
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zegnamtl View Post
Clint, Great work! May I add, that the fabric tags on Zegna have a box in the lower left corner that identify the family group. Some sellers try to blur the lines on which line a piece is from, the fabric tag will tell the story. ZZ EZ EC
post #4 of 132
Your sequence looks about right!

I will post some fabric tags Sunday, I am on my way out the door for the day at the moment, and The Habs play Philly tonight.

You are spot on with the "new Zegna" I see "Soft" listed as current too often, Soft has been gone for almost 5 years now.
post #5 of 132
Thread Starter 
Cool, I forgot to mention that "Soft" has been discontinued.

Enjoy the game Sir and I'll look forward to your post tomorrow.

Take care

Clint
post #6 of 132
hey, this is great! thanks for posting, hope the new member who asked about Zegna items checks it out for more info.

+ the one you labeled "Not sure what to do with this one" looks like the precursor to the Soft, maybe?

+ I would suggest that the final 8 pictures (Z-Zegna, Soft line, and all the fake crap with the zegna cloth labels are to be avoided if you are looking to buy E. Zegna and get your money's worth. Those are the lowest labels the company makes, and in the case of the "cloth by..." those are made by God knows who-- and may even be pitched by sellers as authentic, when they are not E. Zegna items at all.

good info, clint!
post #7 of 132
Thread Starter 
Thanks for the additional info Mr Foxx, the previous thread was my primary driving factor for creatinig this thread.

It's nice to get some feedback on this.

I would value something like this for the some of the brands/manufacturers that I read on Style Forum and AAAC.

The label thread sticky was a good idea. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be maintained. It would be able to have a picture of a label and an approximate age of use.

Thanks all and any other comments welcome.

Clint

P.S. I loved your Isaia blue shirt. Nice collars.


Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Foxx View Post
hey, this is great! thanks for posting, hope the new member who asked about Zegna items checks it out for more info.

+ the one you labeled "Not sure what to do with this one" looks like the precursor to the Soft, maybe?

+ I would suggest that the final 8 pictures (Z-Zegna, Soft line, and all the fake crap with the zegna cloth labels are to be avoided if you are looking to buy E. Zegna and get your money's worth. Those are the lowest labels the company makes, and in the case of the "cloth by..." those are made by God knows who-- and may even be pitched by sellers as authentic, when they are not E. Zegna items at all.

good info, clint!
post #8 of 132
This would be great to put in the wiki.
post #9 of 132
Thread Starter 
Hi Kent, I don't know how to achieve this (or at least I haven't read how to). I would probably need better photos of some of the labels, but if anyone wants to add this to the Wiki, then that would be great.

Cheers

Clint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent Wang View Post
This would be great to put in the wiki.
post #10 of 132
Here's a better pic of the Napoli Couture label:

post #11 of 132
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by fkl118 View Post
Here's a better pic of the Napoli Couture label:

Thanks, I'll replace immediately.

I really should have taken pictures of my own stuff (call me old fashioned, but I like Zegna), but that would have involved me moving

Many thanks

Clint
post #12 of 132
To the best of my knowledge, this is the current fabric tag and has been for a bout 5 or so years. I have not bought much new from Zegna in the last few years.

The box in the left defines the family group, the letter defines the fabric range.


post #13 of 132
This is awesome - thank you for this. It would be great if there were threads like this in the wiki for the more popular brands (Hickey Freeman springs to mind instantly) that are sold on ebay and have similar issues.
post #14 of 132
how about internal tags from items made by Zegna for the likes of Dunhill?
I have two MTM blazers that are by Zegna.
I can tell from the lapel button holes and also the way the canvass sits in the lapels, but this might help as well?
post #15 of 132
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by antirabbit View Post
how about internal tags from items made by Zegna for the likes of Dunhill?
I have two MTM blazers that are by Zegna.
I can tell from the lapel button holes and also the way the canvass sits in the lapels, but this might help as well?

Hi, that sounds like a great idea if you could include them. I suspect that they may look like the label below, but I'd be interested to see if they are different.

May I ask, how old are the blazers?



Clint
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Zegna Labels ID's for eBay purchasers (Graphic Intensive)