or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › how many partners is far too many?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

how many partners is far too many? - Page 5

post #61 of 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by antirabbit View Post
Ok, So I just called my friend. To clarify, she may be well over 500 and just doesnt remember: Obviously it would be hard to have total recall of over 500 sexual encounters. Apparently, there is more to it. Again, she estimates 500+ She doesnt count when there were multiple men at the same time, and doesnt count women. Sorry, I could not get past that. Also, she has changed the profile of what kind of guy she goes for. She likes the polished professional type now. In the past it was the heavy metal guy, or the WWF/Ultimate fighting type of guy. These details make the picture worse.... So, essentially, there is no novelty in a sexual relationship with someone like this, no newness, no freshness. I find that sad.
I'd ask how many times she has been air-tight and judge by that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fade to Black
man iammatt...i don't usually do this, but i gotta say that i hope when i reach your age i can let go of things as well as you have. respect.
Thanks, although I have never practiced what I preach, since my wife and I met in our early twenties. I think the point is that the future is what matters, and it is better to judge that by recent history than years long past. I am sure I would feel uncomfortable at first, but eventually, 40 years of a great relationship are more important.
post #62 of 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by antirabbit View Post
Ok,
So I just called my friend.
To clarify, she may be well over 500 and just doesnt remember:
Obviously it would be hard to have total recall of over 500 sexual encounters.
Apparently, there is more to it.
Again, she estimates 500+
She doesnt count when there were multiple men at the same time, and doesnt count women.
Sorry, I could not get past that.

So, essentially, there is no novelty in a sexual relationship with someone like this, no newness, no freshness. I find that sad.

Huh? For you novelty in a sexual relationship is about repetition and the mechanical aspects of it? Isn't it about the connection with another human being, something that can be new and satisfying everytime, no matter how many dicks whoever sucked in the past? Ifyour friend thinks like you he's obviously not worth this women's time, who would want to invest feelings in someone like that...
post #63 of 254
Thread Starter 
For me the issue would be the lack of common ground.
post #64 of 254
Sometimes sexual inequality can be a hang-up, but IMHO sex isn't the first place to start looking for common ground. You likes it or you don't and that's really a jumping-off point and nothing more.
post #65 of 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBDB View Post
500 guys...mmmm...isn't there the problem of "hotdog in a hallway"?

I don't expect that there's much tread left on that tire

This is a silly thing to say. If we're talking wear and, uh, tear, someone with a couple of consecutive long-term relationships is likely to have had more actual sex that someone who has a different partner once a week for a few years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by f2b
man iammatt...i don't usually do this, but i gotta say that i hope when i reach your age i can let go of things as well as you have. respect.

F2B, +1. I'd like to think I'm more open-minded about things, but I think I'd have a hard time getting over a number like that. iammatt seems like an even-keeled guy--plus he really knows how to turn a phrase:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iammatt
I'd ask how many times she has been air-tight and judge by that.
post #66 of 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by antirabbit View Post
For me the issue would be the lack of common ground.

Is common ground having slept with the same number of people for you? Does it mean that you wouldn't date a woman who had only 2 partners if you had 35?
post #67 of 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by antirabbit View Post
For me the issue would be the lack of common ground.
What about common values, interests, backgrounds etc?
post #68 of 254
I see what you're saying, Fuuma, but a half thousand people (if that's accurate) bespeaks a lifestyle that someone whose been in a few long-term relationships would have difficulty identifying with. Not impossible to get past; people from very different background can certainly make good relationships, but I see what antirabbit is saying.

Very interesting thread, btw. If a little depressing.
post #69 of 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by iammatt View Post
What about common values, interests, backgrounds etc?

I only date people who engaged in as many sexual encounters in the back of a truck as me, you should see how popular my newpaper ad is.
post #70 of 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoreman1782 View Post
I see what you're saying, Fuuma, but a half thousand people (if that's accurate) bespeaks a lifestyle that someone whose been in a few long-term relationships would have difficulty identifying with. Not impossible to get past; people from very different background can certainly make good relationships, but I see what antirabbit is saying.

Very interesting thread, btw. If a little depressing.

Getting laid once a week is a lifestyle now?
post #71 of 254
A lifestyle I someday aspire to

No, but a different person once a week for a period of years is a lifestyle. I don't know how they do things in Canadia, but down here in the land of the Puritans we like our whores virgins.
post #72 of 254
and she said not counting times with multiple men either...ol girl's become a train station
post #73 of 254
there are always going to be things you don't like about people in your life. this is true for sexual partners or friends whatever. as long as the positives outweigh the negatives then it shouldn't be a big deal. anyway there is definitely something sexy about a girl who knows what she's doing and is comfortable with herself. that is kinda the paradox of sexual relationships. you either get someone awkward and pure or someone who is more experienced and less virginal. sex with loose women can be pretty damn good

i'd say as long as your friend is confident that he isn't going to get aids from the girl then he should continue the relationship as long as it stays enjoyable.
post #74 of 254
Thread Starter 
What I was referring to was the values that are around sexuality, and the value of sex its self with in the context of a serious relationship.
My perspective really does not matter, however, I know it matters to my friend.
post #75 of 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoreman1782 View Post
A lifestyle I someday aspire to

No, but a different person once a week for a period of years is a lifestyle. I don't know how they do things in Canadia, but down here in the land of the Puritans we like our whores virgins.

You meant you like your virgins whores...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › how many partners is far too many?