or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › how many partners is far too many?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

how many partners is far too many? - Page 9

post #121 of 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by whodini View Post
Astonishing research you've done there, professor, however, I'm willing to bet there are a few million inmates who would perhaps have a different opinion to that of your's regarding just how easy it is to get over being raped. Yeah, I'm sure the guy from "Midnight Express" can't wait to see his old friends back in prison.

Well, if we are talking that kind of rape, then that is a whole different story.


Quote:
You also know that in nature that there are quite a number of species where the promiscuous female leaves the rearing up to the male, right?

Noted for future discussions about promiscuous pandas.
post #122 of 254
yeah no offense tiecollector i am trying to empathize with your stance as much as possible as i sometimes feel that 'Travis Bickle' thing towards women you seem to got going on...but it's not a healthy mentality, especially not when advoated with such determination. I can't help but think there's some kind of complex at work and there's more to this story than what has surfaced so far
post #123 of 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fade to Black View Post
yeah no offense tiecollector i am trying to empathize with your stance as much as possible as i sometimes feel that 'Travis Bickle' thing towards women you seem to got going on...but it's not a healthy mentality, especially not when advoated with such determination. I can't help but think there's some kind of complex at work and there's more to this story than what has surfaced so far
Don't get me wrong, I love women. I also exaggerate for the sake of argument on the internetz.
post #124 of 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiecollector View Post
Also, any dude who is in triple digits has issues as well. jeebus.

My only issue is that I like sex and physical contact.

I'm sorry that you're repressed.
post #125 of 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiecollector View Post

Not really, sex is much easier for a male because he is just sticking his member in some orifice. For a woman it is much more of a commitment. Picture this, who would be more traumatized by a rape? A man or a woman?

Let's say you were held down by a bunch of a dudes and the fattest, nastiest, smelliest DICK you can imagine starts butt fucking you. You might throw up for a few weeks later but you'll probably never get over it.

That rape scene is equal to a woman being raped by a man.
post #126 of 254
When she says 500+, i'd say take the plus literally, very literally.
But for the sake of my point, lets say 500.

The real question here is, what make Mr. 501 think he's the one to cap this number? -that somehow, with this relationship, the pattern of her past behavior is going to end/ culminate with
him and their relationship (assuming each wants a degree of fidelity).

At some point here, the number is just abstract. the real issue is the trust he will have to put in this person in order not to be hurt, should he decide to pursue the relationship. Even if they get past this. Meeting the"X"'s will be a real bummer, and highly likely -that's when the abstraction of numbers can become quite real.
post #127 of 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by designprofessor View Post

At some point here, the number is just abstract. the real issue is the trust he will have to put in this person in order not to be hurt, should he decide to pursue the relationship. Even if they get past this. Meeting the"X"'s will be a real bummer, and highly likely -that's when the abstraction of numbers can become quite real.

I don't understand why she is being considered as untrustworthy. I mean, if she is not in a relationship, and has not made any sort of commitment to being faithful, she is just having sex, not breaking promises.

We all know the girl who would never go out and screw a random guy, but every time she has a boyfriend, she cheats on him at the end so breaking up is easier. That is the girl not to trust. Simply fucking a lot doesn't make you more or less trustworthy.
post #128 of 254
Also post her noodz for the good of the forum.
post #129 of 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron View Post
This is silly - you're a 24 year old kid that's had 2 partners, and yet you know enough about the world to feel that you can't trust people who consider themselves liberated and/or have had a relative large number of partners? Why even waste your energy deciding whether you need to "trust" these people, whatever you mean by that? There are many reasons that people choose to have lots of sex, and insecurity is certainly one of those reasons, but there are many, many more.
At this point in my life I feel as if I know enough about the people my age, or rather, the females I would consider possible partners that I can determine if I can trust or not. I honestly don't believe people when they say they're "liberated" as I feel as if they're simply saying that to make themselves sleep better at night. Sure, I could be wrong, but it's just my opinion.

Also, there are MANY reasons people sleep around and I think most of them stem from a bad mental state. I'm no perfect angel, actually I'm FAR FAR from it, but the last thing I need is women I consider a "fixer upper." Call me what you will but going into something new with someone I feel has problems just isn't my cup of tea as I'm not out to "change" anyone and since I don't believe in love at first sight, then going through the trouble with someone I just kinda like isn't for me. I have a long life ahead of me and the last thing I need is a ball-and-chain with emotional baggage.


I'd like to note that my views aren't for everyone and to some I have a really negative attitude towards relationships. My past has proved my theory to be correct so until I find someone to change that, I'm going to be the same.
post #130 of 254
Ok, let me get this straight; there's a bunch of posters here who are hardcore misogynists with a ridiculously caricature view of women and men, some near-virgin who thinks people who had sex with more people than him are inherently untrustworthy and geniuses who think a girl that has sex once a week is a dangerous nympho. I don't know if that girl has issues or not but what I'm sure of if some people here had too much wedgies and not enough BJs in their teenage years. As for the little quip about people that have had partners in the three numbers, WTF!!??
post #131 of 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by lost in va View Post
At this point in my life I feel as if I know enough about the people my age, or rather, the females I would consider possible partners that I can determine if I can trust or not. I honestly don't believe people when they say they're "liberated" as I feel as if they're simply saying that to make themselves sleep better at night. Sure, I could be wrong, but it's just my opinion.

Also, there are MANY reasons people sleep around and I think most of them stem from a bad mental state. I'm no perfect angel, actually I'm FAR FAR from it, but the last thing I need is women I consider a "fixer upper." Call me what you will but going into something new with someone I feel has problems just isn't my cup of tea as I'm not out to "change" anyone and since I don't believe in love at first sight, then going through the trouble with someone I just kinda like isn't for me. I have a long life ahead of me and the last thing I need is a ball-and-chain with emotional baggage.


I'd like to note that my views aren't for everyone and to some I have a really negative attitude towards relationships. My past has proved my theory to be correct so until I find someone to change that, I'm going to be the same.

Are you christian?
post #132 of 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuuma View Post
Are you christian?
Nope, far from it actually.
post #133 of 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by lost in va View Post
Nope, far from it actually.

By that I mean were you raised in a religious environment not "are you a believer".
post #134 of 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuuma View Post
By that I mean were you raised in a religious environment not "are you a believer".
Yes, and at that ripe old age of 15 my views became the complete opp. of my family. Although I'm sure that's about par for the course.

My view on sex/partners/and relationships stems almost strictly from past relationships and the relationships of those close to me.
post #135 of 254
Why is everybody so fixated on sex? If I really liked to play golf, and decided to play a hundred different courses in a year, that would be a lot of fun, and nobody would complain. Sex is fun, and it is neither dangerous nor immoral as long as you use protection. Did anybody ever stop to think that maybe the reason she had so much sex was that she liked the way it felt... physically? Sometimes sex is just sex, and it is a hell of a way to spend a couple of hours.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › how many partners is far too many?