or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Mister Freedom by Sugar Cane (TOYO)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Mister Freedom by Sugar Cane (TOYO) - Page 7

post #91 of 310
I think I'm more interested in the rider's dungarees the more I look at them. The mulholland looks great, but I'd be just as happy with a barbour international jacket or something similar instead.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiya View Post
We are the only external retailer that carries the entire line, so yes, we'll have every single piece of the collection.
There's a lot more to the collection than what was shown on that blog right?
post #92 of 310
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by robin View Post
I think I'm more interested in the rider's dungarees the more I look at them.

The mulholland looks great, but I'd be just as happy with a barbour international jacket or something similar instead.


There's a lot more to the collection than what was shown on that blog right?

Off the top of my head i'd say that was about 65% of the collection.
post #93 of 310
I really want that Mechanic Sweatshirt and the Mulholland Master. Need to start saving...
post #94 of 310
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiya View Post
When we open in NYC on July 24th we'll even have some special MFxSE bandanas hand screened by Mr. Freedom himself.

Will they be for sale on the website or only in-store?
post #95 of 310
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiya View Post
When we open in NYC on July 24th we'll even have some special MFxSE bandanas hand screened by Mr. Freedom himself.

kiya, can you please save me one!
post #96 of 310
Got a chance to check out Mister Freedom's store this week. I tried to be all cool and like "pfft. that's waaay too much bank for this thrift store sweater, and the naval tailor line? pshaw."

But then I got sucked in and spent an hour there generally marveling and bought a shirt

I wanted to buy a screened tshirt but tbh they're kind of ugly.
post #97 of 310
Great, I go shopping for a Bonneville now Mr Freedom is going to take the rest of my money. Definetly on for the jeans.
post #98 of 310
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoreman1782 View Post
Got a chance to check out Mister Freedom's store this week. I tried to be all cool and like "pfft. that's waaay too much bank for this thrift store sweater, and the naval tailor line? pshaw."

But then I got sucked in and spent an hour there generally marveling and bought a shirt


Ain't that the truth. If I had the dough, I'd do like Kiya and buy one of everything every season. Well, maybe not every single thing, that denim vest thing is pretty funky in a bad way.
post #99 of 310
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by zissou View Post
Will they be for sale on the website or only in-store?

They'll only be available at SENY, but you can call in a phone order...
post #100 of 310
^Excellent. Any idea on the price yet? Is it the one with the red MF script on one side and the blue pea coat on the other, or is it from the speed-safe line?
post #101 of 310
Some more pictures from off MF's site.
post #102 of 310
I just received the Mister Freedom mariners tote for J.Crew.

It stinks, not kidding here - it reeks of an industrial strength washing detergent that I can even smell from 20 meters away. The quality of the bag itself kind of sucks too, and it seems like one of J.Crew's regular totes that you can buy for $60 at their stores.

It's too bad that the paint job is so cool, because it's gone to waste on this.













post #103 of 310
Yeah, it must be something you have to handle and smell in person cause in pictures, that bag is beautiful. Also, noticed the tag...is the only part that MF had in the process the screening and painting? Everything else provided by J.Crew?
post #104 of 310
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToruOkada View Post
Also, noticed the tag...is the only part that MF had in the process the screening and painting? Everything else provided by J.Crew?
I don't know for certain, but that would be my guess. The bag itself is supposedly made here in the U.S. according to someone I talked to about it at jcrew, but the tag that would have been written on was cut out.

From looking at how it was sewn together, I could tell that the canvas was painted first, then put together, and then washed. If there's something special about the canvas, it's not really apparent from holding it. The rusted rivet thing is also something jcrew does with the rest of their totes.

The bag does look great, but it's going to get returned tomorrow. I had to package it back up in an air tight bag because it was stinking up my entire place here. For $200, it's not really worth keeping.
post #105 of 310
what do you use that bag for? Groceries? going to the beach?

I guess I'm missing the boat, but I haven't really seen anything by MF that makes me want to go out and spend six times what it's worth for yet.... Maybe I just haven't seen the whole collection?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Mister Freedom by Sugar Cane (TOYO)