or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Meta Poll
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Meta Poll

post #1 of 18
Thread Starter 
If you have read this far, I hope you realize this poll thing has gotten outta hand, if my memory serves me correctly.
post #2 of 18
Thread Starter 
Sacrébleu.
post #3 of 18
Oui, he should get a job. After all, how many times can he say: "I don't need a job, I am French." ? Jon.
post #4 of 18
ernest, get a job when you feel like it. everyone is different and you should live your life however you see fit. don't be pressured by the conformist masses.
post #5 of 18
I don't understand what ernest's current employment situation has to do with anything. There's been a lot of unnnecessary cheap shots at ernest for this. Who cares? We don't know his situation. We don't know what he did. Maybe, he can't find a job in his industry due to external factors beyond his control. From what he said, it sounds like his industry is contracting right now, laying people off and keeping only those who permit their salaries to get slashed. If you ask a investment banker who works 80+ hours, he'll tell you time is money. Maybe, ernest worked his ass off, got burned out, and is just recharging his batteries. It seems hypocritical to make fun of the guy when we have so many members, who are in college and don't really make that much money, who own really expensive watches. Is there really that much of a difference between mooching off the state, which he deserves since he paid all those taxes when he worked, and mooching off your parents?
post #6 of 18
Yes, to the question at hand. But, anybody making Ernest an offer ought to make one to me first. You know, BA from a very well respected, intellectual, small liberal arts college in the States. High potential, et cetera....
post #7 of 18
I thiink our buddy Kaga is just trying to have a little fun and joke around a little bit. He's playing off the *many* polls that ernest has started about, shall we say, interesting topics. No need to get all worked up about it.
post #8 of 18
Quote:
I thiink our buddy Kaga is just trying to have a little fun and joke around a little bit.  He's playing off the *many* polls that ernest has started about, shall we say, interesting topics.  No need to get all worked up about it.
If my poll are not interesting, then why do so much people participate?
post #9 of 18
Quote:
It seems hypocritical to make fun of the guy when we have so many members, who are in college and don't really make that much money, who own really expensive watches. Is there really that much of a difference between mooching off the state, which he deserves since he paid all those taxes when he worked, and mooching off your parents?
Well, seeing as I may be among those you sited in your comment, I thought I would defend we expensive watch owners. I, for one, have purchased all of my watches. While I cannot say the same about my suits, I did purchase most of my other clothing as well. Not to mention the furniture in my loft, and the car I currently drive. I worked 60+ hours a week at an investment firm and run my own freelance graphic design firm to do so. I am also partly paying for schooling out of my own savings. I say this only to dismiss the notion that a twenty-one year-old (or nearly so) that owns fairly nice watches and is attending college must of course be cadging their parents. That being said, I do agree with you about the hypocrisy of judging Ernest without knowledge of his situation. Let him do what he likes when he likes (within reason, of course). If you do not find his polls informative or purposeful, than do not view or participate in them. It is that simple.
post #10 of 18
This sort of thing is getting out of hand. It's becoming increasingly difficult to find a good thread here that doesn't end in a flame-war about watches. No one seems to be interested in the more constructive posts, as they tend to end in two pages while the watch flame wars / ernest flame wars go to page 3,392,501.
post #11 of 18
Thread Starter 
Look, everyone chill. esquire, as we say in Kitchen Stadium, learn to read between the lines.  I personally think ernest should do what he likes; he's a welcome entertaining though pugnacious presence on the forum and this post was meant just to be a joke, a commentary on how het up people were getting about various polls. ernest, no one's saying your posts are not interesting. On the contrary, the proper translation of "interesting" in this context is <<...spécial>>. This is not a thread about watches. This is a stupid joke thread. If you guys want to argue about watches, about whose money is paying for watches, or whatever horological, please do it on a thread dedicated to such. Out of curiosity, ernest, which way did you vote?
post #12 of 18
Quote:
Out of curiosity, ernest, which way did you vote?
post #13 of 18
I find ernest polls intererting and educating.
post #14 of 18
Quote:
Look, everyone chill. esquire, as we say in Kitchen Stadium, learn to read between the lines.  I personally think ernest should do what he likes; he's a welcome entertaining though pugnacious presence on the forum and this post was meant just to be a joke, a commentary on how het up people were getting about various polls. ernest, no one's saying your posts are not interesting. On the contrary, the proper translation of "interesting" in this context is <<...spécial>>. This is not a thread about watches. This is a stupid joke thread. If you guys want to argue about watches, about whose money is paying for watches, or whatever horological, please do it on a thread dedicated to such. Out of curiosity, ernest, which way did you vote?
Seriously... some people need to just kick back and enjoy a laugh at someone elses expense on this forum... We do it endearingly... So my answer to the poll... Ernest should not get a job; that would mean he wouldn't be able to post as much... awwww... we love you ernest ((((hug)))).
post #15 of 18
Quote:
This sort of thing is getting out of hand. It's becoming increasingly difficult to find a good thread here that doesn't end in a flame-war about watches. No one seems to be interested in the more constructive posts, as they tend to end in two pages while the watch flame wars / ernest flame wars go to page 3,392,501.
That's it... STEVE... no more watch threads please. That's an intersting (and true) correlation you've found Brian; good work, you're like Inspector Gadget. Disclaimer: The above reply was a joke.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Meta Poll