or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › What universities / colleges you attend or attende
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What universities / colleges you attend or attende - Page 3  

post #31 of 89
Univ Calif Irvine: BS-biology, BA-anthropology Trinity College, Univ of Dublin: MB,BCh,BAO Dartmouth Med: residency Baylor College of Med: fellowship
post #32 of 89
B.A. (Chinese) Brigham Young University J.D. Columbia University School of Law
post #33 of 89
Quote:
Having a CFA is equivilent to having an MBA I hear though, correct?  Best of luck with that.
Not really. Two entirely different things, actually. The CFA is specialized, and usually only for folks in the financial services industry (obviously). CFA's are generally security analysts, portfolio managers and or/asset managers, and/or investment managers. You have to pass the standardized CFA exam to get the charter. I also think you have to have at least 2-3 years of investments related experience to sit for the exam. An MBA is much more of a general degree and is flexible enough to allow for a variety of careers--Investment banking, corporate finance, and sometimes accounting as well as strategy roles, marketing, brand management, etc.
post #34 of 89
BYU BS and Masters in Accounting. Kai, I didn't expect another Y graduate to be out there.
post #35 of 89
imageWIZ - this should lead you to the previous thread. <Click me>
post #36 of 89
Quote:
Not really. Two entirely different things, actually. The CFA is specialized, and usually only for folks in the financial services industry (obviously). CFA's are generally security analysts, portfolio managers and or/asset managers, and/or investment managers. You have to pass the standardized CFA exam to get the charter. I also think you have to have at least 2-3 years of investments related experience to sit for the exam.
Exactly. It's three exams though, not just one. Each exam is six hours long -- 18 hours total. I am starting a hedge fund this year and, in addition to a performance track record, the CFA designation will help lend more credibility and win more investors.
post #37 of 89
RISE AND SHOUT THE COUGARS ARE OUT. inside wink at Kai and JohnMS
post #38 of 89
Harvard College Stanford Law School (However, I never practiced law)
post #39 of 89
Quote:
I am a firm believer that to have class does not require an upper-class income, but after reading this board so much and seeing such eloquent language and prestigious careers, I can't come to believe that my theology is 100% true.
'Class' isn't about money, your place of education, or social status. It's about how you conduct yourself, your values, and your beliefs.
post #40 of 89
Quote:
I am a firm believer that to have class does not require an upper-class income, but after reading this board so much and seeing such eloquent language and prestigious careers, I can't come to believe that my theology is 100% true.
I think people in all income and educational brackets can have class. That being said, I firmly believe that a good education, and a good liberal arts education in particular, is an invaluable life experience (I wish that phrase weren't so overused, but it seemed like the right one in this case.)
post #41 of 89
I agree with you both, and like I said, I love my city and my school. I have been around people often who become very judgemental about quality of education - that is that they associate it heavily with the name of the school. They boast that anyone who attends an Ivy League would simply become rich and get a better education by default, and someone who attends a state school really has nothing to be excited about. However, when visiting Brown and seeing that some of the students there aren't even sure what's going on around them, I have to respectfully disagree with them. And laugh... a little.
post #42 of 89
Why is Brown always treated like the ugly step child of the Ivies? I kind of liked the East Coast hippie vibe their students exude (my buddy's sister graduated in '02).
post #43 of 89
B.A. (Asian Languages and Literature) University of Washington B.A. (Japan Regional Studies) University of Washington J.D. Universityof Washington School of Law LL.M. (Asian and Comparative Law) University of Washington School of Law Currently considering a B.S. at Tokyo University of Science.
post #44 of 89
Sou desu-ne....
post #45 of 89
Quote:
I agree with you both, and like I said, I love my city and my school. I have been around people often who become very judgemental about quality of education - that is that they associate it heavily with the name of the school. They boast that anyone who attends an Ivy League would simply become rich and get a better education by default, and someone who attends a state school really has nothing to be excited about. However, when visiting Brown and seeing that some of the students there aren't even sure what's going on around them, I have to respectfully disagree with them. And laugh... a little.
Yeah, some people around here are complete morons (myself excluded, of course . ) Sometimes, I meet a person, and wonder how they managed to finangle their way past admissions.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › What universities / colleges you attend or attende