• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your best solution for dark spot under eyes?

RRR

Reaction score
okay.. they arent super dark but a little dark that it bothers me now (had it for as long as I can remember, even seen them in a pic of me in 2006). i get about 8-9 hours of sleep alot and use my pc quite often as most of my work is done on here. i've tried the cucumber slices along with drinking lots of water, but no luck

allergies is also a problem with me, which I think is the cause.. but I'm not exactly sure of it. I purchased Neutrogena Radiance Boost eye cream today for about 25$ and going to try them for as long as the bottle lasts to see any effect. if not i'm going to have to seek alternatives

I prefer using creams over putting slices of potatoes, cucumbers and what not over my eyes, would probably be more effective anyway? Plus I remember reading something about vitamin k and retinol in creams work best, but I didnt see any eye creams that had those ingredients in them at all
frown.gif

so.. post any creams that worked for you and the price. i'm taking any suggestions! local Wal-mart didnt have much choice so I might just get them over the internet if needed.. thanks!
biggrin.gif

ps. I dont have bags under my eyes, or puffiness. just dark :p

dizzhizz

Reaction score
From my understanding, there really is no cure for dark circles despite the numerous products out there in the market. I guess just taking care of yourself in terms of a healthy diet, lots of water and rest are the best ways to get rid of them.

As of recent, I've also been experiencing the dark circles but my lifestyle choices (drinking, smoking and sleeping only 5hrs/day) aren't really helping.
confused.gif

RyanM

Reaction score
Use a concealer. Just don't tell anyone.

Fat-Elvis

Reaction score
I've found that cold potatoe slices actually do help. But it's only temporary. I've wondered what using them for like twice a day every day would do.

brosnan6

Reaction score
I've heard ClarinsMen Undereye Serum is effective...probably pretty pricey considering what I pay for the other Clarins products I use
laugh.gif

Saltwater Wrangler

Reaction score
Keep us posted on the Neutragena cream. I use a product by Jack Black and the results are minimal. I think a lot just has to do with genetics, sun exposure, environment, etc. In fact, I've started wearing my sunglasses LESS, to let the sun work its natural beauty and see if that will help.

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
SLEEP

but really who cares....come on now, it is a badge of honor

denning

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is probably incorrect, but I remember reading before that there are two forms of dark circles under your eyes: hereditary, and lifestyle choice derived. If they are hereditary, as mine are, there isn't much you can do. Again, this is all spurious knowledge, but I believe they are caused by the hemoglobin from the red blood cells in the capilaries under your eyes oxidizing. They are essentially like bruises. You can't make a bruise go away, neither can you really make your dark circles go away either.

Fat-Elvis

Reaction score
Originally Posted by denning
This is probably incorrect, but I remember reading before that there are two forms of dark circles under your eyes: hereditary, and lifestyle choice derived. If they are hereditary, as mine are, there isn't much you can do. Again, this is all spurious knowledge, but I believe they are caused by the hemoglobin from the red blood cells in the capilaries under your eyes oxidizing. They are essentially like bruises. You can't make a bruise go away, neither can you really make your dark circles go away either.

If it's hereditary, I think it's usually because the skin under your eyes thins out, so the blood becomes more visible. But yeah, either way, if it's hereditary (as it usually is with chronic dark circles) then there's really nothing you can do about it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads