or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Chainstitching thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Chainstitching thread - Page 4

post #46 of 87
Is there any benefit to chainstitching if your original hem was not chainstitched? I assume not all jeans are CS from the factory. Are you guys trying to stay authentic or trying to "upgrade" the jeans?
post #47 of 87
Roping Effect
post #48 of 87
Just curious if anyone's sent there jeans to Denim Doctors to have them tapered and chainstitched. Poly said it what something like $26 and I'm wondering if it'd be the same or if they'll even do it.
post #49 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by selbsttatig View Post
Just curious if anyone's sent there jeans to Denim Doctors to have them tapered and chainstitched. Poly said it what something like $26 and I'm wondering if it'd be the same or if they'll even do it.

the $26 was for taper only....chainstitch was already there...
post #50 of 87
Alright. Thanks.
post #51 of 87
We do E. Vill Alterations out of the shop here in San Diego.

Free chainstitching until the end of the year for jeans bought here.

$5.00 until the end of the year for jeans brought in.

We use the Janome CP1000 for chainstitching, so the stitch is a little different from the Union Special. I will post pictures for comparison of the chainstitch that we do, next to the Nudie's chainstitch, the FiberOps chainstitch, the 10DEEP Denim chainstitch, and the Skull Jeans chainstitch.

We are planning on going to Australia and Japan to pick up a Union Special as soon as the economic times get better.

Don't let the cheap price fool you. We are extremely detail oriented and enjoy doing quality work.
post #52 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by un|steady View Post
We do E. Vill Alterations out of the shop here in San Diego.

Free chainstitching until the end of the year for jeans bought here.

$5.00 until the end of the year for jeans brought in.

We use the Janome CP1000 for chainstitching, so the stitch is a little different from the Union Special. I will post pictures for comparison of the chainstitch that we do, next to the Nudie's chainstitch, the FiberOps chainstitch, the 10DEEP Denim chainstitch, and the Skull Jeans chainstitch.

We are planning on going to Australia and Japan to pick up a Union Special as soon as the economic times get better.

Don't let the cheap price fool you. We are extremely detail oriented and enjoy doing quality work.

can you post your wings+horns selection?
post #53 of 87
Atsui now offers chain stitching. We now have a Union Special 43200G up and running and can offer chain stitching for denim purchased at Atsui and denim purchased elsewhere. The service is free for denim purchased from us and $25 for all previously owned denim. Attached are links to our blog/online shop with more details.
http://shopatsui.blogspot.com/2009/0...ices-with.html
http://shop.atsuitokyo.com/scripts/p...detail&SKU=001
post #54 of 87
Woah, that's awesome. Where did you find the union special? (if you don't mind me asking)
post #55 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by robin View Post
Woah, that's awesome. Where did you find the union special? (if you don't mind me asking)

Couple friends formerly from Sling&Stone tracked it down, and had someone locally who was probably 80 years old and familiar with them fixed it up...been in the works for a while. It works beautifully.
post #56 of 87
I'm excited that there is now someone local that I can go and get my jeans chainstitched. I'll probably stop by Atsui soon to drop off some jeans.
post #57 of 87
Yessssss! Quick questions...any kind of discount for bringing in multiple pairs to get hemmed at once? Otherwise I'll just wait until I actually get to wearing a pair before hemming it, heh. Or does the SF discount work on this too? Also, it says it includes a one wash/soak service for dry denim...if a pair's been washed before (either some time in the past or right before sending it), there won't a soak/wash, right? (since it specifies only "unsanforized dry denim")
post #58 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by un|steady View Post
We do E. Vill Alterations out of the shop here in San Diego.

Free chainstitching until the end of the year for jeans bought here.

$5.00 until the end of the year for jeans brought in.

We use the Janome CP1000 for chainstitching, so the stitch is a little different from the Union Special. I will post pictures for comparison of the chainstitch that we do, next to the Nudie's chainstitch, the FiberOps chainstitch, the 10DEEP Denim chainstitch, and the Skull Jeans chainstitch.

We are planning on going to Australia and Japan to pick up a Union Special as soon as the economic times get better.

Don't let the cheap price fool you. We are extremely detail oriented and enjoy doing quality work.

What's the shop?
post #59 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by who8mahrice View Post
Yessssss! Quick questions...any kind of discount for bringing in multiple pairs to get hemmed at once? Otherwise I'll just wait until I actually get to wearing a pair before hemming it, heh. Or does the SF discount work on this too?

As of right now I am going to say no discount, but we will consider it by a case by case scenerio for the time being. Anyone with multiple pairs, please pm me and we will see what we can do. No SF discount on services.

Quote:
Originally Posted by who8mahrice View Post
]Also, it says it includes a one wash/soak service for dry denim...if a pair's been washed before (either some time in the past or right before sending it), there won't a soak/wash, right? (since it specifies only "unsanforized dry denim")

Basically the denim needs to be shrinked down before hemming, this of course can be done by the customer. The denim will not be washed/soaked if it is not needed. This will also be taken case by case and customers will be notified if a wash/soak is needed prior to hemming.
post #60 of 87
if any of you are in a bind, we can handle it for you.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Chainstitching thread