or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Matching color of  braces
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Matching color of  braces

post #1 of 15
Thread Starter 
I do not know how wear properly braces in fact... Your opinion?
post #2 of 15
Braces should coordinate with your entire outfit for the day. Exact matching is not required, but clashing is to be avoided.
post #3 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Braces should coordinate with your entire outfit for the day. Exact matching is not required, but clashing is to be avoided.
And what about striped braces? Ok with striped tie or too much stripes?
post #4 of 15
Ernest - I'd avoid stripes with stripes if they are at all similar in direction or width. Personally, I go with fairly muted braces - dark, rich paisleys that pull out one or more colors from elsewhere in the outfit but not carefully 'matched'. ...now if you wore braces, tie and pocket square all of the same silk as I have seen some do then I am pretty sure you have done too much of a good thing.
post #5 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Ernest - I'd avoid stripes with stripes if they are at all similar in direction or width.  Personally, I go with fairly muted braces - dark, rich paisleys that pull out one or more colors from elsewhere in the outfit but not carefully 'matched'. ...now if you wore braces, tie and pocket square all of the same silk as I have seen some do then I am pretty sure you have done too much of a good thing.
I never wear square I guess stripes suits (that implies plain shirt ans tie for me) can be fine with striped braces. But as you do not show your braces in theory, stripes tie could be ok with stripes braces. Isn't it ?
post #6 of 15
Striped tie and striped braces would seem a little too much I think - I can envision pulling it off but why push it? Seems like it would be far too easy to wind up with too many stripes (just one opinion).
post #7 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Striped tie and striped braces would seem a little too much I think - I can envision pulling it off but why push it?  Seems like it would be far too easy to wind up with too many stripes (just one opinion).
When I said striped, it can be bi-color braces. So if I wear striped braces I must wear erything else plain?
post #8 of 15
I wear only solid color braces except with evening clothes. I've a couple black and white evening braces but the rest of the outfit can support that complexity. I try not to match, not complement. Am currently wearing wine colored braces with a navy suit, white shirt, white pocket square and grey and black shepard's check necktie. Will
post #9 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
I wear only solid color braces except with evening clothes. I've a couple black and white evening braces but the rest of the outfit can support that complexity. I try not to match, not complement. Am currently wearing wine colored braces with a navy suit, white shirt, white pocket square and grey and black shepard's check necktie. Will
Nice, I have also burgundy plain brace
post #10 of 15
Quote:
Quote:
(Will @ 19 Nov. 2004, 02:11) I wear only solid color braces except with evening clothes. I've a couple black and white evening braces but the rest of the outfit can support that complexity. I try not to match, not complement. Am currently wearing wine colored braces with a navy suit, white shirt, white pocket square and grey and black shepard's check necktie. Will
Nice, I have also burgundy plain brace
I don't color matters as braces should never be seen.
post #11 of 15
I think it's a good idea to coordinate the colors so they don't clash with the other items you're wearing. And sometimes other people will see your braces (wife? girlfriend?).
post #12 of 15
every now and then somebody will see your braces, when you move in such a way as your jacket flaps, getting into a cab, if you take your coat off for something. I really don't like the look of either matching or contrasting braces. I have maybe a half dozen pair maybe a few more. Several are trafalgars with designs, one is red with pirate skull and crossbones on it, several are simple blue, burgandy, black, etc. I don't think that it detracts at all from what you are wearing if somebody sees your suit slide open and you have white and red braces on under.
post #13 of 15
I only wear belts
post #14 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven93
I only wear belts
This is getting tiresome...
post #15 of 15
Yeah, I'm really not getting this... ????
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Matching color of  braces