or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Wurkin Stiffs - Are you kidding me?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Wurkin Stiffs - Are you kidding me? - Page 3

post #31 of 66
The beauty of shirt collars is that they get rumpled and askew during wear, sort of reflecting the day you had. If everything was stiff and unmoving clothes would hold no interest for me.
post #32 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Étienne View Post
This from the guy who admits using sock garters?

That's because I'm cheap, not because I am seeking sock perfection, whatever that would be.
post #33 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by LabelKing View Post
Yes, there is something very young corporate New York upstart about these horrid things, possibly paired with Thomas Pink shirts, a striped Zegna suit and some bit loafers.
The thought of this upsets me. It makes me think of Murray hill.
post #34 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by haganah View Post
The thought of this upsets me. It makes me think of Murray hill.

What's wrong with Murray Hill? I loved living there. I found it rather geriatric, actually. Just my speed.
post #35 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manton View Post
What's wrong with Murray Hill? I loved living there. I found it rather geriatric, actually. Just my speed.
I'm allergic to hair gel and LIRR monthly passes.
post #36 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by haganah View Post
I'm allergic to hair gel and LIRR monthly passes.

Not the way I remember it. Was just there last week too, but again, at a geriatric restaurant.
post #37 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuuma View Post
The beauty of shirt collars is that they get rumpled and askew during wear, sort of reflecting the day you had. If everything was stiff and unmoving clothes would hold no interest for me.
Yep, lived-in clothing is better than this pristine gunk.
post #38 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manton View Post
Not the way I remember it. Was just there last week too, but again, at a geriatric restaurant.
http://curbed.com/archives/2006/03/2...ys_seen_it.php The links to the IJC blog and the pictures in the Flikr account are dead on.
post #39 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by haganah View Post
http://curbed.com/archives/2006/03/2...ys_seen_it.php

The links to the IJC blog and the pictures in the Flikr account are dead on.

This is just not Murray Hill the way I lived it. Where are blue haired old ladies?
post #40 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post
Are these specifically marketed to psychiatric institutions?

I thank god I can still wear a tie in mine.


The whole concept of these magnetic stays seems a trifle neurotic to me.
post #41 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny_flapjack View Post
Nah. I think you'd probably be able to get them out with another magnet from the outside - much like the "Wooly Willy" beard toy. The question is which end you guide the magnet out...

Two magnets swallowed at different times will move toward each other and through whatever happens to be in the way.

Or so I've heard.

lefty
post #42 of 66
Some people do more than keyboard jockey in their dress clothes so I think a lot of these items are useful for people. I think many of us forget that people do more in dress clothes than just sit behind a desk for most of the day like many of us here do.


Quote:
Originally Posted by iammatt View Post
GDL, don't forget

Shirt garters:



Sock garters:



a belt:



and suspenders:



You can never be over prepared for perfection.
post #43 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty View Post
Two magnets swallowed at different times will move toward each other and through whatever happens to be in the way.

Or so I've heard.

lefty

Sounds gross.
post #44 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIEALIGN View Post
Some people do more than keyboard jockey in their dress clothes so I think a lot of these items are useful for people. I think many of us forget that people do more in dress clothes than just sit behind a desk for most of the day like many of us here do.

TIEALIGN, I like that you stand behind your product and wish you the best of luck and fortune. We're just poking fun here - nothing serious
post #45 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post
TIEALIGN, I like that you stand behind your product and wish you the best of luck and fortune. We're just poking fun here - nothing serious
I know its all in fun and I agree wearing all of this stuff does seem rather anal IMO...but I also spend most of my day behind a desk...thats all im trying to say...so can we "hug it out" gdl203...lol
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Wurkin Stiffs - Are you kidding me?