or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Tweed blazer
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Tweed blazer - Page 2

post #16 of 27
Now, this is a good jacket, if you are going for this look. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws....98&rd=1
post #17 of 27
Thread Starter 
The fabric is what really drew me towards this blazer, as I'm not a huge fan of tweed with low contrast, I guess that is just a matter of taste. I didn't think the button stance/gorge was offensive to me but I will actually have to try on the garment before I pass additional judgment, it did look very similar to an Isaia that I tried on the other day though.
post #18 of 27
drizz, all the right people don't like it. Wear it with pride.
post #19 of 27
Quote:
drizz, all the right people don't like it. Wear it with pride.
Dun dun dun dun. And so the line hyas been drawn in the sand. I'm not sure how party lines are split up here.
post #20 of 27
Oh, just a bit of humor. I think you will agree some around here tend toward the more fashion forward to the detriment of the classic. I happen to lean toward the latter.
post #21 of 27
I tend to agree with just about everything Alan posts, but that coat in question is not a classic, except in the cloth. Its so 80s that in fact, it was fashion forward for its time. Im having horrific flashbacks to my youth in Ozone Park Queens looking at that droopy sad looking gorge. If this forum were around back then, a fashion forward guy like LAguy would have loved it for its fashion forwardness, while you would have bemoaned it in the same way you would some silly trendy coat today.
post #22 of 27
Quote:
I tend to agree with just about everything Alan posts, but that coat in question is not a classic, except in the cloth.
Thanks...I think.
post #23 of 27
Quote:
If this forum were around back then, a fashion forward guy like LAguy would have loved it for its fashion forwardness, while you would have bemoaned it in the same way you would some silly trendy coat today.
Ah, this must be the sartorial equivalent of Moral Relativism. In any case, I'm not sure I agree, completely, with this contention, but neither am I am absolutist in these matters. I've always contended on the forum that fashions change, and that everybody is affected to some degree. To try to separate fashion and style creates a paradox that is the sartorial equivalent of Cartesian Dualism.
post #24 of 27
My point was that I dont think a kind of cloth necessarily puts a coat into a certain genre.  Yes, that is a harris tweedy looking thing.  In actually sitting at Borders right now and there is a guy who looks like hes 125 wearing something similar.  Its gotta be from BB or JPress with the details on it.  THAT coat is a classic.   The coat in question here has "classic" cloth, but has been cut and sewn into a proposterous 1980's suit coat, replete with the customary droopy gorge, etc. and in 1984 some fashionista was wearing this coat we are talking about, much in the same way as someone is wearing a prada suit today. it was cutting edge for its time. if you look at a buick skylark, we all see a piece of shit. but in 1983 that thing was mint. same deal here.
post #25 of 27
Drizzt - That may be Corneliani, but it is one ugly-ass jacket nonetheless. Sorry dude. Bradford
post #26 of 27
Quote:
Oh, just a bit of humor. I think you will agree some around here tend toward the more fashion forward to the detriment of the classic. I happen to lean toward the latter.
I just noticed, is that a line in the sand? Drawn with an Alden tassel loafer no doubt.
post #27 of 27
I feel bad saying this, but damn I think that tweed blazer is horrrrrrible. Sorry dude.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Tweed blazer