• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Slim fitting chinos / pants

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Get a pair with details you like and get them tailored. Chinos, even slim fit chinos, generally aren't slim enough for me but I make do with a pair I got for work. They are RRL and I've recently taken to rolling them which also makes them look a good deal slimmer. The details on them are great. Unfortunately I bumped into something in the warehouse at work and got a chemical on them that took some of the color out. It's not extremely noticable but it still hurt a little.

Here's a picture of them:
IMG_1505.jpg

hustlenflo22

Reaction score
There was that godly post on WAYWT from I don't remember whom with a navy blazer, white tee with a black and white photo print, and those deep khaki pants...I imagine if the pants were hemmed they'd fit nicely.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
They look good, though an true judgment is hard to render while you're sitting down.

Tailoring... sigh. I already have to do the same with most of my shirts, so I guess it's unsurprising. Actually, that reminds me, I have to make another thread.

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMG_1538.jpg

Oh no da bandana!! Also, I can't recall if this was the first pair or second pair I got. I had to return them the first time. These might be the second pair when they first came as they were very wrinkled off the rack but most of that has fallen out. They haven't been washed.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
^I'll go Gap (or more likely BR) if I have to and tailor from that, but I'd prefer some quality and might be more likely to start with RLPL / Polo or something if I have to get them slimmed. Hopefully warlok1965 won't mind me stealing his waywt pic for a demonstration of the kind of fit I'm looking for:
stp80583mod2nz1.jpg

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
J. Crew classic cut for spring/summer are skinny and cheap.

BrianVarick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah for that fit you don't even need to go to a high end store to get something that slim. Jcrew has everything you are looking for. I have some regulars that look about like that. And if you get their slim fit or classic you will be even better off. Plus they are always really cheap on their website.

Say

Reaction score
oni killer chino. saw them on sufu once and thought they were awesome. blueingreen used to stock em too.

bsyde82

Reaction score
shipley and halmos make excellent slim chinos...slimmest i've tried on to date. too bad they cost $195

but if you don't care about value/bang for your buck, i'd say these are the best ones out there in terms of fit and overall look

also, steven alan makes these work chino-esque pants called "layman pants" - excellent slim fit as well, but definitely more cas than your avg chino because of the triple needle stiching on the side

stickonatree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
j.crew's vintage cut is their "slim" model. they're not super slim but easily tailor-able if you want them slimmer.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by stickonatree
j.crew's vintage cut is their "slim" model. they're not super slim but easily tailor-able if you want them slimmer.
Looking at their website, I assume you mean the classic fit? It looks like the slimmest one there. Edit: Steven Alan website has layman cords in my size for 50 bucks. Solid enough deal, then I go to international checkout and shipping to Canada is 70 DOLLARS. Excuse me?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads