or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Archives › Buying and Selling (Archive) › Change in B&S: A Trend or Permanent Shift?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Change in B&S: A Trend or Permanent Shift? - Page 9

post #121 of 133
Didn't want to start a general B&S Gripes thread; this seemed close enough.

I don't get people bumping some FS threads. I just saw one, offering goods at well above the ordinary (non-sale) online price from the retailer, and with questionable terms. And it still gets bumped by fans. Exercise some judgment people - bump (if you must) those who REALLY offer a good deal and let the rest fade away (or rather, let them get on with giving themselves the bumps they stored up with the high starting price).
post #122 of 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJE View Post
Didn't want to start a general B&S Gripes thread; this seemed close enough.

I don't get people bumping some FS threads. I just saw one, offering goods at well above the ordinary (non-sale) online price from the retailer, and with questionable terms. And it still gets bumped by fans. Exercise some judgment people - bump (if you must) those who REALLY offer a good deal and let the rest fade away (or rather, let them get on with giving themselves the bumps they stored up with the high starting price).

Big +1
post #123 of 133
Speaking of changes, I wasn't sure where to stick this. I know we have the "buyer and seller feedback" thread, but it's like 80 pages of "xyz was so great" and REALLY hard to wade through. I would like to see a forum titled "Seller Complaints" (or a similar name) so that we, the buying public, know which sellers have had unresolved complaints against them. One seller gets one thread and it's much more efficient. Even doing a search on google or the SF search bar is hard to find something useful from the feedback thread. The addition of a forum like this would greatly help the integrity of B&S, in my opinion. Thoughts?
post #124 of 133
I was thinking something similar and for the same reason. A "good" seller list and a "bad" seller list would be simple enough, rather than page after page of random feedbacks. Still we would need to filter out abuse so it doesn't become bullshit driven by friends and adversaries. Perhaps, buying or selling through the forum would give a member a right to promote or dis their trading partner on "the lists". With all the scammers, flakes and retards floating through it seems like its time.
post #125 of 133
I suggested tacking onto the forum something like ITrader, essentiall you can rate a buyer and seller and give feedback, like ebay. If not for the upside, then at least for the ability to negatively rate people who screw others...
post #126 of 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by shademore View Post
I was thinking something similar and for the same reason. A "good" seller list and a "bad" seller list would be simple enough, rather than page after page of random feedbacks. Still we would need to filter out abuse so it doesn't become bullshit driven by friends and adversaries.
Perhaps, buying or selling through the forum would give a member a right to promote or dis their trading partner on "the lists".
With all the scammers, flakes and retards floating through it seems like its time.

I think the "good" v "bad" seller list would be very hard to maintain unless some people were promoted specifically to maintain that list. There are just too many sellers for that to be feasible. Instead if we make it known that there is a "Seller Complaint" forum like I suggested, it would be very easy for B&Sers to let it be publicly known that a seller either here or on eBay was a scammer/asshole. If, after attempting to have the issue resolved directly with the seller, nothing happened, then it would be good to at least notify the public that the seller was not willing to work with the buyer.
post #127 of 133
I think the moderators have made it very apparent that people should use the B&S at their own risk. They don't want to be in-charge of something like this. If you are worried...only buy from reputable members. Like me....
post #128 of 133
i saw a seller that actually inflated his prices to make up for the 5% discounts for each bump, IE $80 buy it now price but asking $100 so they could get 4 bumps out of it before they got to their buy it now. they actually stated this in the sale thread
post #129 of 133
^How does that make any sense. "You can buy this for $80 but the price is $100"? No, the price is $80.
post #130 of 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by AR_Six View Post
^How does that make any sense. "You can buy this for $80 but the price is $100"? No, the price is $80.

It makes perfect sense to me, if the seller is philosophically opposed to the concept of not being able to bump his thread without having to pay for the privilege.

Announcing it does sort of diminish the effectiveness however.
post #131 of 133
it'll never happen, but a separate sub-forum for vintage clothes/items over 10 years old would help B&S buyers find what they want without sifting through items they don't want.
post #132 of 133
Still new here, but a member of several other types of forums with marketplaces and this is the first I've come across with a no-bump-without reduction rule. The intent is good, but it seems with so many people asking questions/schilling, ads still get bumped. Ideally all questions/comments would be conducted through PM unless the question regarded a crucial piece of information missing from the OP. Also, many forums provide iTrader ratings to show # of transactions and the % good feedback/comments. Just some food for thought.
post #133 of 133
I suggested separating NWT and used clothing... but my suggestion was shot down. I don't buy used items, so it's annoying to have to go through it.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Buying and Selling (Archive)
Styleforum › Forums › Archives › Buying and Selling (Archive) › Change in B&S: A Trend or Permanent Shift?