• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Slim shirt fit: How tight is too tight? BoO

sean2slow

Reaction score
Hello I just received a BoO outsider shirt in small from south willard and had a quick question. When I tried it on, it fitted like a glove and I really liked the fit at first. The only problem with the shirt is that when I stretch my arms towards the back, since the shirt is very tight on the body, it moves along with the arm showing my undershirt inbetween the buttons. Does this mean that the shirt is one size too small? This is my first really slim shirt and was not really sure how the real slim should fit, so experts, throw me some advices. Thank you! (I hope I explained my problem well enough for people to understand
smile.gif
)

sean2slow

Reaction score
Sorry for the no pic.
My wife took the camera with her on a trip.

I guess my question is even though the shirt fits slim on the body, if I feel uncomfortable moving my around, that would be too tight, right?

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fits like a globe?

Uncomfortable = bad, always.

cristeza

Reaction score
BoO is meant to fit slim but not uncomfortably slim.

sean2slow

Reaction score
Oops!
Yeah I guest the shirt is one size too small.
I hope the south willard is easy on exchange.

Deluks917

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sean2slow
Oops!
Yeah I guest the shirt is one size too small.
I hope the south willard is easy on exchange.

If possible I'd wait to return it until you can post pics, if one is not "used' to certain fits it sometimes feels uncomfortable. However you could also be right but I'd post a pic.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
My BoO smalls are pretty slim in the body and arms, and a bit restrictive if i try to do gymnastics or something. It shouldn't be pulling all over the place though if you're not just standing still with arms at the side. To help, i have a standard white oxford and a blue shirt from the holiday line (slightly different fabric from the white one) and i wear a small most brands (although 2 weeks of frequent bar trips aren't helping) and i feel comfortable in my BoO shirts.

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
if you mean that the space between the buttons sorta open up to reveal your tasty insides it might be a sign of being too small if this is happening when you are just standing straight up with your arms at your side (in the neutral position). If it happens when you are extending your arms and such then I think it is allright (mine do this)

sean2slow

Reaction score
Here are the crappy pictures that I took with my macbook.
See the stretching of the shirt when I stretch my arms backward?

p.s: sorry for the small images, i couldn't figure out how to directly post pictures on the thread.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Yea, that looks a bit too snug and pulling too much for my tastes. My size small still drapes a little bit. Here's a reference http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/1262/picture047uo8.jpg to put images in the thread you need to upload them to a host site like image shack and then take the direct image link and put it between

cristeza

Reaction score
Yeah it seems a tad bit small. It looks like you're in a relaxed position in the first pic and it is pulling with top button buttoned.

sean2slow

Reaction score
Yep
That is the fit that I had in my mind when I ordered my shirt.
I guess I will just have exchange with the medium one. My only worry is that medium will fit me better in everywhere except for my neck which was perfect in the small.
I just have a really thin neck to buy a shirt for. sucks!!

Has anyone have experiencing exchanging merchants from south willard?
Are they usually good about it or give you a hard time?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads