• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

As promised, pictures of my outfits

mt_spiffy

Reaction score
There have been several (largely sarcastic) requests for my outfits in other threads, predominantly of the "I cant believe you wear that crap until I see it" variety. I promised to deliver pictures, and here they are.

These are several outfits that I have worn recently and received numerous compliments on, perhaps more than usual. Most are coat/tie/jeans/shoes you guys dont like.

A suit, the light makes it look brighter and bolder than it is:

suit1.jpg

suit2.jpg

This shirt, tie, and coat were all thrift shop finds:

grey1.jpg

grey2.jpg

This shirt was a Christmas gift, it is several sizes too large, but I love the design so I kept it:

largeshirt1.jpg

largeshirt2.jpg

The infamous pony shoes, with an equally outrageous tie knot:

pony1.jpg

pony2.jpg

Similar ensemble, but with a sweater:

sweater1.jpg

sweater2.jpg

A step further casual, no tie:

casual1.jpg

casual2.jpg

I expect a lot of criticism, and that's fine, but remember, it's unlikely to have any effect. I love my clothes, I love my shoes, and except where mentioned, everything fits the way I want it to.

Here we go!

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Your clothes are all ill fitting. The jackets and jeans, particularly. If that is what people think look good from where you're from, more power to you.

dshin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
grabbig some popcorn, sitting back, and waiting for the hilarity to ensue.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I can't even see the clothing through those tragically large tie knots.

aragon765

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mt_spiffy
There have been several (largely sarcastic) requests for my outfits in other threads, predominantly of the "I cant believe you wear that crap until I see it" variety. I promised to deliver pictures, and here they are. I expect a lot of criticism, and that's fine, but remember, it's unlikely to have any effect. I love my clothes, I love my shoes, and except where mentioned, everything fits the way I want it to. Here we go!
If you "love [your] clothes, love [your] shoes, and except where mentioned, everything fits the way [you] want it to", why do you need to make a post about in a forum where you expect to get negative comments? YOU like your clothes, that is all that should matter. Wear them with pride. I could not pull off any of these looks (nor would I want to), but if you like it, rock it!!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
As for the comments to come...
peepwall[1].gif

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If I had to guess, I would say you were 17. Am I close?

mt_spiffy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aragon765
If you "love [your] clothes, love [your] shoes, and except where mentioned, everything fits the way [you] want it to", why do you need to make a post about in a forum where you expect to get negative comments?

It was asked for, and I am thick-skinned. Also I am very interested to see the opinions.

vaclava krishna

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
I can't even see the clothing through those tragically large tie knots.

That remembers, 1 I saw posted from , Alex Winter .

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just like 95% of men don't know what a 3-2 roll is, 95% of women think this is "dressing up". Let's face it, positive reinforcement from clueless women is a huge factor in dressing badly.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mt_spiffy

The infamous pony shoes, with an equally outrageous tie knot:

pony1.jpg

pony2.jpg

I think if you could have just somehow, included some stripes into this outfit, it would have worked.

Hard2Fit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Your personal style is a little much for me but definitely works for you.
I think the first and third outfits look best.

Englandmj7

Reaction score
Mother of god. Heinous.

It's like someone made a 'worst of' clipbook of a Bernini catalogue.

YOU ARE NOT IN THE NFL.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads