or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › As promised, pictures of my outfits
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

As promised, pictures of my outfits - Page 31

post #451 of 989
Thread Starter 
More casual look:

post #452 of 989
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt_spiffy View Post
I would never wear a shirt this size (with a tie) on a Sunday or a gig, but this was a Tuesday outfit. Seeing as I am not on camera on Tuesdays, it is very unlikely that anyone that sees me on a weekday would notice if the shirt is slightly too large. Sorry, but I stick to my guns here too.

So it isn't nearly as important to you to feel good and look good for yourself as it is to look good for others?
post #453 of 989
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt_spiffy View Post
More casual look:

not a fan of the huge tie knot but like the color coordination
post #454 of 989
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo View Post
So it isn't nearly as important to you to feel good and look good for yourself as it is to look good for others?

I think you've missed my point entirely. I wear what I like. However, more polish goes into outfits that are seen on a larger scale. You wouldnt put on the same thing going to a dinner party as going to WalMart, would you?
post #455 of 989
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt_spiffy View Post
More casual look:

Like the color combination but you should go with a smaller tie knot, a 4iH and skip the shiny silk ties, try going for a wool tie as it would go better with your sweater.
post #456 of 989
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt_spiffy View Post
I think you've missed my point entirely. I wear what I like. However, more polish goes into outfits that are seen on a larger scale. You wouldnt put on the same thing going to a dinner party as going to WalMart, would you?
Well, maybe and maybe not - depends on how I felt that day. The point though, specifically about the shirt collar size, is much akin to wearing two different socks to WalMart while wearing matching socks to a dinner party (to use your analogy). Personally, such a detail cannot be overlooked and I would do my best to wear matching socks to both WalMart and the dinner party, just like I would always wear a shirt collar that fits my neck properly - even if I'm just at home by myself.
post #457 of 989
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt_spiffy View Post
I would never wear a shirt this size (with a tie) on a Sunday or a gig, but this was a Tuesday outfit. Seeing as I am not on camera on Tuesdays, it is very unlikely that anyone that sees me on a weekday would notice if the shirt is slightly too large. Sorry, but I stick to my guns here too.
Sorry but you can't 'stick to your guns' on this one, the shirt is too big for you.
post #458 of 989
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrician View Post
Like the color combination but you should go with a smaller tie knot, a 4iH and skip the shiny silk ties, try going for a wool tie as it would go better with your sweater.

I like the big knots. And the tie was another thrift store find for under $2, I'm not going to be that picky. This is one of my favorite everyday outfits, and I'm not going to change it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrician View Post
Sorry but you can't 'stick to your guns' on this one, the shirt is too big for you.

Sure I can, I'm still wearing it
post #459 of 989
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt_spiffy View Post
I like the big knots. And the tie was another thrift store find for under $2, I'm not going to be that picky. This is one of my favorite everyday outfits, and I'm not going to change it.
I'm just giving u a bit of advice, try going with a wool tie in dark grey and you will instantly see that "rougher" materials go better with eachother.


Quote:
Originally Posted by mt_spiffy View Post
Sure I can, I'm still wearing it
By looking at your photos I find that almost nothing u wear fits as it should so I'd like to ask you why you wear such illfitting clothes? Either you know that they fit really bad but "you got them for no $$" so you accept it, or, you don't think that they fit good (maybe even like it 'baggy')...which is it?
post #460 of 989
Thread Starter 
IMO: both of the suits I am wearing in this thread (tan on the first page, black pinstripe on page 20 something) fit the way I like, as do the shorts worn with them. So does the outfit with no tie on the first page, and the tweed blazer (not the shirt with it). Thats how I like my clothes to fit. As for the other ones, either:

1. I didnt notice before joining this forum
or
2. I excuse a small degree of being close in size but not correct, because I am trying to find a wide variety of clothes on a budget. It's hard especially to find shirts that are the right size, either the sleeves are too short or the collars too big.
post #461 of 989
Patrician - read the entirety of the previous 30 pages and then you'll understand.
post #462 of 989
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt_spiffy View Post
I like the big knots.

Some people like wearing crocs, but they still look ridiculous.
post #463 of 989
This thread is amazing! Whenever it comes back up on the first page I find myself opening the first page and stare at the pictures in disbelief as if I'd never seen them before. Those may very well be the biggest tie knots I've ever seen...
post #464 of 989
mt spiffy, I have to say, you very easily have one of the best personalities/demeanor on this forum. Most people here are babies and can't take criticism or dress for themselves, you do both quite well.
post #465 of 989
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanguis Mortuum View Post
Some people like wearing crocs, but they still look ridiculous.

And you can tell them they look ridiculous, and yet they still wear them. Go figure. You'd think they'd know better than to wear stuff they like!


Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post
mt spiffy, I have to say, you very easily have one of the best personalities/demeanor on this forum. Most people here are babies and can't take criticism or dress for themselves, you do both quite well.

Lots here would disagree with you. I've learned a lot from the criticism but it doesnt change my taste. Then again, I can be influenced, I doubt I would have wore the tweed ensemble pre-SF. But dont tell anyone.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › As promised, pictures of my outfits